What's new

Qatar, Pakistan sign Super Mashak sale agreement

Good news anyway.. JF-17 will have its buyers too, it is_and becoming more so_ a solid state lightweight fighter airplane with a solid punch..

Come on you can change your flags, its neither hard nor attract any penalty

I would put my patriotism aside in military discussionNot a. Single jf17 purchase by any country. In last 4 years Why would any country reject su35 f16 and go for 3rd generation old technology aircraft based on Soviet rejected mig33 fighter plane in China known as fc1 I don't understand why we are pursuing this plane

Actually UAE has got bigger plans as they have all the money. Its neither LCA or Thunder they are going for as mainstream fighter. Though JF-17B can be pitched as LIFT.

It is sad that you missed the point of my post. The message that I wanted to deliver was that UAE prefers India over Pakistan any day.

i highly doubt they'd get near something like the LCA when they have much more advanced aircraft in their fleet - hell even the IAF refuses to induct the Tejas in numbers, the test pilots have been very unhappy about its performance demanding several major upgrades and changes before giving the stamp of approval...but thats a whole other topic for another thread

You missed my point too. I wanted to convey that UAE prefers Pakistan over India and would rather go for an India product if those were the only 2 choices.

SMKs with full glass cockpit are making their first entry into ME. What I know is that those already flying with KSA are the old ones.

Actually UAE has got bigger plans as they have all the money. Its neither LCA or Thunder they are going for as mainstream fighter. Though JF-17B can be pitched as LIFT.

Actually third .. KSA,Iraq also operate them ... 2nd sale this year besides Nigeria...

Other nations like Oman,Bahrain,Iran and even Syria and Egypt etc also use them...

The basic version was sold to several nations.

image.jpeg

Flying to Valhalla lol.

Hi,

Talk is cheap---explain the old technology term.

Have your ever gone to a store to buy a banana and bought it---.

But did you ever think that the same banana might have been rejected by another buyer.:o::o::o:

Do I understand correctly that you are thinking that the china FC1 is the rejected mig 33
:lol:
Worth a shot .......

i highly doubt they'd get near something like the LCA when they have much more advanced aircraft in their fleet - hell even the IAF refuses to induct the Tejas in numbers, the test pilots have been very unhappy about its performance demanding several major upgrades and changes before giving the stamp of approval...but thats a whole other topic for another thread
Can you mention short comings in LCA?
And what make test pilots unhappy about it?

What i have observed is issue that it shake a lot even in low G turns at sub sonic speed.
Could be due to fault in FBW, or in design of intakes......
May be I am wrong ......

Actually third .. KSA,Iraq also operate them ... 2nd sale this year besides Nigeria...

Other nations like Oman,Bahrain,Iran and even Syria and Egypt etc also use them...

The basic version was sold to several nations.

View attachment 313093

Flying to Valhalla lol.
We gotta sell Jf17 to Qatar now.
Nigeria, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Morocco, Qatar......
Let's not lose our grip on following nations as far as aircraft sale goes.

So we are gonna make $10 MILLION on this deal. I know we should be happy but come on guys we could make much more than that. think it like a business Arabs has all the wealth in the world and its up to Pakistan to sell them goods at good rate and take some favor of being a Muslim country and being there for them in every way possible.
I know many will disagree but guys if we make money on these deal we will be able to improve our economy.

I would put my patriotism aside in military discussionNot a. Single jf17 purchase by any country. In last 4 years Why would any country reject su35 f16 and go for 3rd generation old technology aircraft based on Soviet rejected mig33 fighter plane in China known as fc1 I don't understand why we are pursuing this plane
YOu dont or you dont want to?
I ask this because the advantages of JF17 have been discussed to death on various forums. What it brings to the table for PAF is something we have had long and lengthy debates on. Perhaps if you want to understand that "why" you can look it up in the air force section and read through some of the threads. If there is any difficulty, feel free to tag me or drop me a message and i will be happy to help. :tup:

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Thursday achieved another landmark in the defence production sector, when Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and Qatar Emiri Air Force signed an agreement for supply of Super Mushshak Aircraft to the brotherly nation.

The trainer aircraft supply contract signing ceremony was held at Doha, where General Salem Hamid Al Nabet, Commander Air Academy Qatar and Air Vice Marshal Arshad Malik, Deputy Chairman PAC signed the papers representing their respective nations, a PAF news release stated.

Turkey to modernise Pakistan’s F-16s

Earlier this year, Pakistan’s JF-17 got vast exposure in an air show held at the Menara Air Force base in Morocco.

Some 56 countries are participating in the air show with forty air chiefs attending, mostly from Africa and the Middle East, offering Pakistan’s JF-17 enormous exposure in the African continent for the first time.

A JF-17 business division team led by Air Vice Marshal Arshad Mehmood Malik held an impressive presentation of the equipment and services offered by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) at the international air show, said a message received here.

This was the first presentation by the team in Africa and was arranged by the Embassy of Pakistan, Rabat.

Vast exposure for JF-17 in Morocco air show

The JF-17 team is visiting Morocco on the invitation of Pakistan’s ambassador to Morocco Nadir Chaudhri.

In his comprehensive presentation entitled ‘Cutting Edge Capabilities at Affordable Cost’ AVM Malik highlighted the products offered by the PAC, including the JF-17 Thunder fighter jet and maintenance facilities, particularly for Mirage fighter jets.

Talking to the media, Ambassador Nadir Chaudhri said the JF-17 project was initiated by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and it is his priority that it is showcased around the world. “This project is the pride of Pakistan” he added.

AVM Malik paid rich tributes to the ambassador for inviting the PAC team to Morocco.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 24th, 2016.

I think next orders for PAC will come when JF-17B comes online. LIFT market is good. And the twin seater would be ideal for a Alpha jet replacement for Qatar.

It is sad that you missed the point of my post. The message that I wanted to deliver was that UAE prefers India over Pakistan any day.

Yes it does. Because India has made them do so while we were sleeping in Ummah Unity mode. On the contrary UAE is not going to by LCA only for love of it.

Qatar to add Pakistani planes to its Emiri air force
10 MINS AGO by SHABINA S. KHATRI and PETER KOVESSY
NEWS
EMAILFacebookTwitter

Pakistan_MFI-17_Super_Mushshak_Ryabtsev-586x405.jpg

Sergey Ryabtsev/Wikicommons

Super Mushshak aircraft

Qatar has finalized plans to buy an undisclosed number of Super Mushshak aircraft from Pakistan, the country’s news agency has announced.

The propellor planes are primarily used to train pilots as they practice flying in formation.

They also help teach them how to recover from stalls and spins and operate aircraft solely by reading its equipment, according to manufacturer Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC).

The plane is already used by other GCC states, including Saudi Arabia and Oman.

APP67-23Doha-586x391.jpg

APP

Agreement signed

The agreement to buy the planes for an unnamed sum was signed yesterday by PAC chairman Air Vice Marshal Arshad Malik and Qatar Air Academy Commander Gen. Salem Hamid Al Nabet.

Malik also met yesterday with Qatar’s Minister of State for Defense Affairs, Dr. Khalid bin Mohammed Al Attiyah, according to QNA.

Beefing up air force
Qatar had expressed interest in the aircraft in February, after the Emir attended an air demonstration by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) at the old Doha airport.

The purchase of the training aircraft comes as Qatar prepares to update and dramatically increase the size of its air force.

The country currently has a fleet of 12 French-made Mirage 2000 planes, which analysts said were manufactured in the late 1990s and have been modified several times since.

But recently, Qatar agreed to buy 24 new Rafale fighter jets for QR27.75 billion from French aerospace firm Dassault.

Back
Top Bottom