What's new

Qatar, Pakistan sign Super Mashak sale agreement

UAE would purchase LCA over JF-17 any day. Whomsoever expects UAE to be an actual friend of Pakistan is an ignorant and in denial.

i highly doubt they'd get near something like the LCA when they have much more advanced aircraft in their fleet - hell even the IAF refuses to induct the Tejas in numbers, the test pilots have been very unhappy about its performance demanding several major upgrades and changes before giving the stamp of approval...but thats a whole other topic for another thread

Irrespective of what was your suggestions, do you see PAF promoting LINK-17 with JF ?
Why would you promote link-17 when link-16 compatibility exists and essentially requires the end user to choose from certain available options on what hardware to use?

What do you believe link-16 is? It is not hardware, nor is it restricted software.

i highly doubt they'd get near something like the LCA when they have much more advanced aircraft in their fleet - hell even the IAF refuses to induct the Tejas in numbers, the test pilots have been very unhappy about its performance demanding several major upgrades and changes before giving the stamp of approval...but thats a whole other topic for another thread
Lets not delve into the LCA but the member has a point in the UAE's current alliances and preferences. Pakistan is out to the bottom, India is in regardless of whether they sell gold or dung.

If you have some calculations that Qatar will buy JF-17 after buying Rafaels then do share with me. Or else JF-17 will remain to be imaginary wish. Just as furor erupted over Saudi buying JF17 and whole thing fizzled out pretty quick

as per sources the Saudis were actually interested but then a phone call and meetings from the US Embassy jumbled up the deal. Uncle "Sam" doesnt want to see the Saudis or Egyptians procuring items that have any Russian or Chinese components in them and they'd certainly not like to see Pakistan become a major player in the international defense industry market (news like this will have some asses in Washington burning as it is)

Lets not delve into the LCA but the member has a point in the UAE's current alliances and preferences. Pakistan is out to the bottom, India is in regardless of whether they sell gold or dung.

they certainly weren't happy about Pakistan joining the Yemen bandwagon but so be it......they still are a major trading partner and their internal security forces are what they are thanks to a lot of input from Pakistani former intel officers there on contract and full-time basis. They've been supportive of the Kashmir cause as well so it's neither black or white there are gray areas too. Remember - permanent interests, no such thing as actual "friends" (exception being Turkiye and a small select few countries)

Why would you promote link-17 when link-16 compatibility exists and essentially requires the end user to choose from certain available options on what hardware to use?

What do you believe link-16 is? It is not hardware, nor is it restricted software.

Link-16 is a set of protocols just as TCP/IP stack and every OS (MS,Apple) implemented it in its own way. What happens when the next iteration link-16 comes which contains upgraded protocols. Wont it render Link-17 incompatible with then link-16 modules ?

Link-16 is a set of protocols just as TCP/IP stack and every OS (MS,Apple) implemented it in its own way. What happens when the next iteration link-16 comes which contains upgraded protocols. Wont it render Link-17 incompatible with then link-16 modules ?
Why would those new protocols not be incorporated into Link-17?
Link-17 is already ahead of link-16 in certain ways that it takes certain concepts and ideas from link-22.
The idea was always to have compatibility with link-16, otherwise there was no reason to develop link-17.
After all, to make link-17.. there had to be a starting point; Link-16.

Why would those new protocols not be incorporated into Link-17?
Link-17 is already ahead of link-16 in certain ways that it takes certain concepts and ideas from link-22.
The idea was always to have compatibility with link-16, otherwise there was no reason to develop link-17.
After all, to make link-17.. there had to be a starting point; Link-16.

Link-16 concepts,abstracts,Upper and lower level designs which were publicly available in great amount was where it benefited you guys and gave you a starting point. Correct me If I''m wrong. When next iteration of -16 comes, how would you be available to incorporate the upgraded iteration design changes when you dont know what happened inside the upgraded iteration as no public literature would be released with it ?

Link-16 concepts,abstracts,Upper and lower level designs which were publicly available in great amount was where it benefited you guys and gave you a starting point. Correct me If I''m wrong. When next iteration of -16 comes, how would you be available to incorporate the upgraded iteration design changes when you dont know what happened inside the upgraded iteration as no public literature would be released with it ?

e of the Kashmir cause as well so it's neither black or white there are gray areas too. Remember - permanent interests, no such thing as actual "friends" (exception being Turkiye and a small select few countries)[/QUOTE]

That was done for Link017 in the first place. There was only abstracts available for Link-22 in terms of vague concepts.
Still were applied into the idea.

Well things will further clear up once Block 3 Babies are flying in air with new Tech :P

We dont really know if Link-17 is not compatible with these ones as we have no detailed info in this regard. If we have established data link between Thunder and Saab-2000 then it should work fine with others (only if we have done so as i beg to accept my ignorance in this regard).

As per the 2015 interviews , There is no direct link b/w JF and SAAB yet. Communication still occurring through ground stations. I dont know what is situation in 2016 now.

Last edited:
Sir, This is what I understand
Link 16 provides all Western origin aircraft to transmit and receive data that is required for the task at hand. Link 17 is an addition to this software that it can also acquire task at had from Eastern origin aircraft / equipment.

This is how Pakistan is able to utilise both Saab and Chinese equipment simultaneously with out any problem.

I would put my patriotism aside in military discussionNot a. Single jf17 purchase by any country. In last 4 years Why would any country reject su35 f16 and go for 3rd generation old technology aircraft based on Soviet rejected mig33 fighter plane in China known as fc1 I don't understand why we are pursuing this plane

I would put my patriotism aside in military discussionNot a. Single jf17 purchase by any country. In last 4 years Why would any country reject su35 f16 and go for 3rd generation old technology aircraft based on Soviet rejected mig33 fighter plane in China known as fc1 I don't understand why we are pursuing this plane

About bold part. If you are using internet then do bother to use a little bit of Google too.

http://thediplomat.com/2014/06/burma-to-purchase-chinese-pakistani-jf-17-fighter-jets/

http://www.ibtimes.com/amid-boko-ha...-17-thunder-fighter-jets-pakistan-25m-2256924

These two are confirm orders. And do learn more about fighter aircraft generations and economy of a lot of countries that how many countries can actually afford SU 35, F16 etc.

Include Turkey in the list as well as per the news few days back.

Hi,

Talk is cheap---explain the old technology term.

Have your ever gone to a store to buy a banana and bought it---.

But did you ever think that the same banana might have been rejected by another buyer.:o::o::o:

Do I understand correctly that you are thinking that the china FC1 is the rejected mig 33

Back
Top Bottom