What's new

Qatar, Pakistan sign Super Mashak sale agreement

Isn't the Super Mushak an upgraded licensed version of the Swedish Saab MFI-17 manufactured by PAC?

image.gif

Hi,

Talk is cheap---explain the old technology term.

Have your ever gone to a store to buy a banana and bought it---.

But did you ever think that the same banana might have been rejected by another buyer.:o::o::o:

Do I understand correctly that you are thinking that the china FC1 is the rejected mig 33

:enjoy:

Isn't the Super Mushak an upgraded licensed version of the Swedish Saab MFI-17 manufactured by PAC?
It isn't a licensed version as the sole rights for the original plane was purchased by PAF. So, the plane, and its associated proprietary is owned by the PAF. Since then it has been upgraded several times; better engine, fuel capacity, avionics, communication equipment, and uprated acrobatics classification due to fuselage improvements.

Hate it, inhale it or love it, but I was expecting a reply like in post #8 by @General General which made a lot of sense unlike your off topic 'behind' fixation! :azn:

Enjoying your butt hurt..:D

It isn't a licensed version as the sole rights for the original plane was purchased by PAF. So, the plane, and its associated proprietary is owned by the PAF. Since then it has been upgraded several times; better engine, fuel capacity, avionics, communication equipment, and uprated acrobatics classification due to fuselage improvements.

Not just fuselage improvements .. This thing is the block II or III of the original one.. It's airframe is lengthened .. It's design is improved.. It's cockpit,avionics,design,seating arrangement.. Payload etc were all improved..

Hence we it became Super Mushak.
And this is its 2nd confirmed sale this year..

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
These planes are just for basic training, real deal is FC 1 / JF-17 when they are going to purchase. After long marketing Pakistan fails to secure any export order which really sinks the reputation of its capability, I my self think if FC 1 / JF-17 so much capable and comparable to F-16 then why Pakistan eagerly asking for new and old F-16s.
lolx..This is not how things works.. Take Rafale as an example..
Dassault Rafale was inducted in french air force is 2002-2003, but the first order for rafale was placed in 2015 almost 12-13 year after its induction in french air force....

F-16 and JF-17 are different aircraft..
JF-17 is to replace older mirages and F-7 and F-16 is a High End aircraft..

These planes are just for basic training, real deal is FC 1 / JF-17 when they are going to purchase. After long marketing Pakistan fails to secure any export order which really sinks the reputation of its capability, I my self think if FC 1 / JF-17 so much capable and comparable to F-16 then why Pakistan eagerly asking for new and old F-16s.

Because Thunder is not a mature product now, PAF is working in the right direction and sooner rather then later with Thunder blk 3 we will see a lot more capable platform.

It would make sense for Qatar or Gulf Airforces to consider JF17 Thunder to diversify their national defence needs
Many nations have a policy of diversification.

Since Pakistan is near by collaboration would be easier for on going needs

First a fall, wilkommen to forum.......:-)

Pakistan secured export orders already from Myanmar........

http://defense-update.com/20160111_jf17.html

Right now we cannot compare it with fighting falcon F-16
After upgrading to Block 3 it will be comparable I strongly believe F-16 will won that time bcz F-16 is great machine and it will remain in service till 2050 for many countries
Jf17 thunder is new product which have pass many tests in actual ground, it need more time to prove itself

No Sir since then tech much improved new fighter should have technical edge over old fighter.
F-16 is still new it will never be old

Right now we cannot compare it with fighting falcon F-16
After upgrading to Block 3 it will be comparable I strongly believe F-16 will won that time bcz F-16 is great machine and it will remain in service till 2050 for many countries
Jf17 thunder is new product which have pass many tests in actual ground, it need more time to prove itself

F-16 is still new it will never be old
2050 :crazy: ziada nai chor diya?After a decade or 2 it will be in service with the museums not air forces.Sitting duck for a 5th gen which will be very common after 2020.

Back
Top Bottom