What's new

Punjabi Movies (Indian)

Movies aside, I like Punjabis. They are extroverted, boisterous and outgoing.

I am a keralite (South Indian) Wish we had those qualities like you guys :(

in todays age ,cinema plays an important role in maintaining an identity of a linguistic group.malayali movies are playing that role effectively and so are tamil and telugu.what is the role of punjabi movies among punjabis?i believe even punjabis laugh at their movies.no offence meant but the truth is when you have a language like hindi which resembles closely all north indian languages and which is being taught in schools all across NI,it tends to annihilate all the other NI languages.50 years from now punjabi will be a dead language.

Happy vacations
Looks like my Vacation(Ban....) was cancelled :D

in todays age ,cinema plays an important role in maintaining an identity of a linguistic group.malayali movies are playing that role effectively and so are tamil and telugu.what is the role of punjabi movies among punjabis?i believe even punjabis laugh at their movies.no offence meant but the truth is when you have a language like hindi which resembles closely all north indian languages and which is being taught in schools all across NI,it tends to annihilate all the other NI languages.50 years from now punjabi will be a dead language.

i believe even punjabis laugh at their movies.no offence meant but the truth is when you have a language like hindi which resembles closely all north indian languages and which is being taught in schools all across NI

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/272271-punjabi-movies-indian-3.html#ixzz2hrUtZW5A

A message to all Punjabis, or any community that is mentioned in this guy's post. Do not take offence as he does not know what he is talking about.

The truth is, you guys make up the rich, cultural kalaeidoscope that gives India it's uniqueness.

May we all live in brotherhood/sisterhood and cherish and respect each other's cultures ^-^

PS: I am just sick and tired of all the North and South debates. We should respect each other as a people and the respective cultures.

There are pros and cons about both the regions

Naah man Punjabi can never ever die out. hum log apni maa boli (mother tounge) kabhi nahi bhool sakte ..... no matter how loud/crude the music be at the DJ we still sing the folk songs at our weddings. And it goes same for Punjabi/Haryanvi/Rajasthani.

Naah man Punjabi can never ever die out. hum log apni maa boli (mother tounge) kabhi nahi bhool sakte ..... no matter how loud/crude the music be at the DJ we still sing the folk songs at our weddings. And it goes same for Punjabi/Haryanvi/Rajasthani.

Please ignore Dravidianhero. He is probably jealous of Punjabis or something.

Please ignore Dravidianhero. He is probably jealous of Punjabis or something.

Movies of Carry on Jutt team are so funny :-) ....sali gandi owlaad na maaza na sawad :-)

trouble is not Hindi but English.

Malayalam movies are chilled out and Malayalee people also always speak their language even after multiple generations of living away.

Tamils are those who claim very proud to say mummy/daddy and the ones who learn the language earnestly dont get jobs.

The difference of the Punjabi films of the 80s and now is huge.I have to say I preferred the old ones.

Back
Top Bottom