What's new

Punjabi Culture in the subcontinent and beyond….

Well his pheno seems Nord-Indid inspired so I don't know.
What do you think about Sowar muhammad Hussain Janjua. I think he has a very commanding and really masculine personality. I can see him going far in the ranks had he not been martyred (though you can't predict these things I know)
Also General Asif Nawaz Janjua ( looks like a true man of action)

General_Asif_Nawaz.jpg

General saab was from my hometown of Jhelum :) He's hated by MQM members because he launched the Karachi operation in early 90s after MQM had tortured and killed a Pakistan army's major. The rest is history; 20,000 dead MQM activists.

And Sawar Hussain looks like a typical Potohari. General Asif Nawaz looks like a textbook "nord-indid". He can pass all over AJK, north and central Punjab and Kashmir.

Which clan he was from? first guy who got victoria cross
subedar khudadad khan..he is pakistani

1394332746_868.jpg

Mair Minhas of Chakwal. They are basically Dogra migrants from Jammu.

@haj9211
Brother , are you from Chakri-Rajgan ? That's a historic place lol. Alexander crossed the river near the Girjhak (Girjhaak fort) . Have you checked the khewra Saltmines or the Temples there. Lot's of Rajputs in that area, I noticed. I'm just wondering , do different rajput groups inter-marry a lot in that area as in would you marry a Minhas, Janjua, Bhatti etc.

General saab was from my hometown of Jhelum :) He's hated by MQM members because he launched the Karachi operation in early 90s after MQM had tortured and killed a Pakistan army's major. The rest is history; 20,000 dead MQM activists.
same way tikkha khan is hated by bengali and got labelled as butcher of bengal lol

And Sawar Hussain looks like a typical Potohari. General Asif Nawaz looks like a textbook "nord-indid". He can pass all over AJK, north and central Punjab and Kashmir.

In other thread i told you about Chib Rajas pind in Kharian Tehsil, near our pind

Thutha Rai Bahadar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@haj9211
Brother , are you from Chakri-Rajgan ? That's a historic place lol. Alexander crossed the river near the Girjhak (Girjhaak fort) . Have you checked the khewra Saltmines or the Temples there. Lot's of Rajputs in that area, I noticed. I'm just wondering , do different rajput groups inter-marry a lot in that area as in would you marry a Minhas, Janjua, Bhatti etc.

No. I'm from Tahlianwala. Are you from chakri? And yeah rajputs intermarry with each other. Like we are mixed with Chibhs of Mirpur/Gujrat and Gakhars. I think the Janjuas and Gakhars also intermarry with each other. I'm not too sure about Minhas though. BTW corps commander Lahore is said to be from my own clan according to wikipedia.

In other thread i told you about Chib Rajas pind in Kharian Tehsil, near our pind

Thutha Rai Bahadar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How are Chibhs of Gujrat in social standing? Like are they substantial landowners? Do they intermarry with non-rajputs there? I'm familiar with the Chibhs of Mirpur but not so much with Gujrati Chibhs.

same way tikkha khan is hated by bengali and got labelled as butcher of bengal lol
Let's talk more about love and music :p::-). What I find fascinating is that many Punjabi youngsters are singing in Punjabi abroad (a tendency that warms my heart and makes me happy) . Or mixing punjabi-urdu-English like this :lol::lol: . Junai Kaden with Bangladeshi friend Mumzy

[youtube]

@haj9211

Brother, my extended family is all over Punjab lol

Let's talk more about love and music :p::-). What I find fascinating is that many Punjabi youngsters are singing in Punjabi abroad (a tendency that warms my heart and makes me happy) . Or mixing punjabi-urdu-English like this :lol::lol: . Junai Kaden with Bangladeshi friend Mumzy

[youtube]

@haj9211

Brother, my extended family is all over Punjab lol

Are you from Jhelum btw?

How are Chibhs of Gujrat in social standing? Like are they substantial landowners? Do they intermarry with non-rajputs there? I'm familiar with the Chibhs of Mirpur but not so much with Gujrati Chibhs.

No idea about social standing, my mother told me about this village. Over all our area is dominated by jats and gujjars. And about inter marry, you know how things are in rural areas. Every biraderi marry in their own biraderi generally.

Edit: but there most be exceptions which is normal.

i believe musallis are dalit converts. @Shabaz Sharif would know more about them, as i havent met any in life.

Brother in Multan Shareef we have to two main groups of people: locals and non-locals. Locals are Multanis who spreak Seraiki or other dialects of South Punjab. Non locals include Punjabis from the North, Pakistanis from other parts of Pakistani, and Muslims who immigrated from India [ a massive community, perhaps around 40% of the population ]. Each group has its own set of biradaris.

For example, the Muslims who came from India are primarily from Haryana / Delhi and Rajasthan. They speak Rohtaki, Khari boli, Mewati, Marwari, and are considered urdu speaking people. Those from east Punjab speak Punjabi.

These include a big number of Rajputs collectively called Rangharis [ Panwar, Bhatti, Chauhan, Rathore, Khanzada, Tomar etc. ], then Ghauris, Mughals, Sayyids, Pathans, Gujjars, Shaikhs, and other smaller biradaris.

In Multan Shareef, we have a famous neighbourhood called Gujjar Khadda. It is populated by Rohtakis. In the next post i will tell you about the local Multani biradaris.
a very informative post bro, thanks for the info and I'm looking forward to your next post.

a very informative post bro, thanks for the info and I'm looking forward to your next post.

Multan languages from 1998 census,

Majority of people in the district speak Punjabi[22] and its dialects, including Saraiki.

• Multani (Local dialect spoken by 52% of district population)
  • Majhi ( Standard Punjabi dialect spoken by 25% of district population specially in cities and border area with Khanewal district)
  • Haryanvi (18% population speaks this dialect a mixture of Punjabi and Urdu specially spoken in cities)
  • Riasti (1% population near Border area with Bahawalpur and Lodhraan districts)
Other languages include:

• Urdu is mother tongue of few people but being national language is spoken and understood by the sizeable population.
  • English is also understood and spoken by the educated elite.

Quite a few hindu minhas live in jammu division

Back
Top Bottom