What's new

Punjabi Culture in the subcontinent and beyond….

Whatever you are saying is fairy tale, in the books the jatts are first time attested to be living as pastolist opressed tribe in sindh in Chachnama book. There is no mention of jatts living anywhere other than sindh before that time.

you have a point bhai.

here is a bit more info from the wiki

Professor B. S. Dhillon states that Jat people are mainly of Indo-Scythian lineage with composite mixing of Sarmatians, Goths & Jutes in History and study of the Jats. Historian James Tod agreed in considering the Jat people to be of Indo-Scythian Stock.[59] Moreover, Sir Alexander Cunningham, Former Director-General of the Archeological Survey of India, considered the Jat people to be the Xanthii (a Scythian tribe) of Scythian stock who he considered very likely called the Zaths (Jats) of early Arab writers.[60]

Jats - Jatland Wiki

Everything starts with Arabs for most Pakistanis!

you have a point bhai.

Professor B. S. Dhillon states that Jat people are mainly of Indo-Scythian lineage with composite mixing of Sarmatians, Goths & Jutes in History and study of the Jats. Historian James Tod agreed in considering the Jat people to be of Indo-Scythian Stock.[59] Moreover, Sir Alexander Cunningham, Former Director-General of the Archeological Survey of India, considered the Jat people to be the Xanthii (a Scythian tribe) of Scythian stock who he considered very likely called the Zaths (Jats) of early Arab writers.[60]

Jats - Jatland Wiki

Sikh jatts are the last people one should look upto as a reference, they are not known as 12 O'clock without a reason :rofl:

That is absolutely wrong, Saka/scythians have contributed heavily in the formation of modern pashtuns especially those living in afghanistan and none of them show any "mongoloid" features.

This is how central asian scythians looked like
kin.jpg

Look at his mustache, doesn't it look like mustache of Gullu butt :lol:
320x240-gXq.jpg

Scythian Warrior Tombs reveal genetic breeding between Europeans and Asians by Minister of Culture • Findery

Scythians were originally purely caucasoid, but over the centuries due to turkic migration, they mixed with them and ultimately got assimilated into turkic hordes like the red Huns. The later Scythians, particularly in ADs were mixed with east asian turks. And at least 60% of Pashtuns carry some form of visible mongoloid phenotype according to my experience. On Harappadna, some of them contained up to 10% east asian DNA. We also can't deny their bani israel link as they told 17th century travelers that they were descended from banni israel.

And Pakhtuns aren't exactly factual scythians. The Abdalis are said to be white huns "hepthalites" and the ghilzai are said to be assimilated turks. I don't know if white huns were turkic or indo-european though. The present day descendants of Scythians are said to be Ossetians of caucuasus.

And that's one ugly scythian! Gullu Butt mustache and a mohawk lol.

you have a point bhai.

Jats - Jatland Wiki

They might have a connection with scythians actually. Their genetic results have been anomalous for the region. All north Indian brahmins, pahari/punjabi rajputs and khatris show a total of ~10-15% northern european genes. The jatts of Haryana and Rajasthan on the other hand however, show ~20% northern european genes. They also show minimal south Indian gene level at ~20-25%. Punjabi muslim jatts, rajputs, brahmins and kshatriya show ~28-33% south Indian genes.

And the nomdaic jats of Kutch, who are Sindhi jats really, also say that their origin lies in Iran. They are also visibly different looking than other tribes in Kutch and Sindh region. Google them.

According to Vincent A. Smith Jatts, Gujjars and Rajputs are Hephthalites (Hunas). I believe that is true because prestigious British scholars hold a lot of weight when it comes to history.

800px-Asia_500ad.jpg

According to Vincent A. Smith Jatts, Gujjars and Rajputs are Hephthalites (Hunas). I believe that is true because prestigious British scholars hold a lot of weight when it comes to history.

800px-Asia_500ad.jpg

The agnikula rajputs of Rajasthan are said to be white huns. They are said to have converted to Hinduism and were awarded a kshatriya status by the Brahmans. I'm belong to an agnikula rajput clan.

Scythian Warrior Tombs reveal genetic breeding between Europeans and Asians by Minister of Culture • Findery

Scythians were originally purely caucasoid, but over the centuries due to turkic migration, they mixed with them and ultimately got assimilated into turkic hordes like the red Huns. The later Scythians, particularly in ADs were mixed with east asian turks. And at least 60% of Pashtuns carry some form of visible mongoloid phenotype according to my experience. On Harappadna, some of them contained up to 10% east asian DNA. We also can't deny their bani israel link as they told 17th century travelers that they were descended from banni israel.

And Pakhtuns aren't exactly factual scythians. The Abdalis are said to be white huns "hepthalites" and the ghilzai are said to be assimilated turks. I don't know if white huns were turkic or indo-european though. The present day descendants of Scythians are said to be Ossetians of caucuasus.

And that's one ugly scythian! Gullu Butt mustache and a mohawk lol.

They might have a connection with scythians actually. Their genetic results have been anomalous for the region. All north Indian brahmins, pahari/punjabi rajputs and khatris show a total of ~10-15% northern european genes. The jatts of Haryana and Rajasthan on the other hand however, show ~20% northern european genes. They also show minimal south Indian gene level at ~20-25%. Punjabi muslim jatts, rajputs, brahmins and kshatriya show ~28-33% south Indian genes.

And the nomdaic jats of Kutch, who are Sindhi jats really, also say that their origin lies in Iran. They are also visibly different looking than other tribes in Kutch and Sindh region. Google them.
He resembles a lot with afghan pashtuns in his phenotype substantiating a scythian connection to almost all east iranic races not just pashtuns, pashtuns are only one remenant east iranic tribes. The Jaats of Haryana, Rajashthan and Western UP are different in norhtern european component from pakistani punjabi jatts which are more likely to be original jatts due to affinity to Sindh and generally higher Baloch genetic component in pakistani jatts compared to indian jatts. Moreover the new research is showing that NE euro component is closest to South indian component compared to all other west eurasian components. Many blogers on Anthrogenica forum are studying this NE component's similarity with South indian component on almost daily basis.
Moreover I saw some results from one Brahmin guy from Rajashtan and another from UP who was having same level of NE euro component as jaats from those areas despite having higher overall south indian component. So there are clans in Brahmins from the same states where jaats show high NE euro component with almost equal NE euro component. Since it is brahmins sometimes who show similar NE euro component as jaats from hindi speaking states , those jaats are in all likely hood more purer remanents of Indo-aryan settlers, NE euro is more likely to be a component that was contributed by Indo-aryaqn tribes rather than iranic scythian tribes because all modern east iranic people show high Caucasus component as their defining genetic component.

Last edited:
Sanjay dutt's phenotype is quite common in pakistani punjab and so is Salman khan's. These two have a lot of hum shakals in pakistani punjab from my experience.

You know what, i have relative who may resemble Sanjay Dutt or Sunil Dutt. Unless i am imagining things? Maybe when this guy was younger lol

Attachments

• ***.jpg
    ***.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 72
The agnikula rajputs of Rajasthan are said to be white huns. They are said to have converted to Hinduism and were awarded a kshatriya status by the Brahmans. I'm belong to an agnikula rajput clan.

Modern Rajputs are south indian kshatriya clans mixed with Gujjar clans of Rajashtan.

You know what, i have relative who may resemble Sanjay Dutt or Sunil Dutt. Unless i am imagining things? Maybe when this guy was younger lol

Yes there is some resemblence with Sunil dutt, nothing strage Sunil dutt was from neighboring jehlum.

He resembles a lot with afghan pashtuns in his phenotype substantiating a scythian connection to almost all east iranic races not just pashtuns, pashtuns are only one remenant eas iranic tribes. The Jaats of Haryana, Rajashthan and Western UP are different in norhtern european component from pakistani punjabi jatts which are more likely to be original jatts due to affinity to Sindh and generally higher Baloch genetic component in pakistani jatts compared to indian jatts. Moreover the new research is showing that NE euro component is closest to South indian component compared to all other west eurasian components. Many blogers on Anthrogenica forum are studying this NE component's similarity with South indian component on almost daily basis.
Moreover I saw some results from one Brahmin guy from Rajashtan and another from UP who was having same level of NE euro component as jaats from those areas despite having higher overall south indian component. So there are clans in Brahmins from the same states where jaats show high NE euro component with almost equal NE euro component. Since it is brahmins sometimes who show similar NE euro component as jaats from hindi speaking states , those jaats are in all likely hood more purer remanents of Indo-aryan settlers, NE euro is more likely to be a component that was contributed by Indo-aryaqn tribes rather than iranic scythian tribes because all modern east iranic people high Caucasus component as their defining genetic component.

I was reading posts on the forums you listed, Harappadna south Indian componenet is not actually ASI. Haryana and Rajasthani jats seem to have more actual ASI compared to punjabi jats. South Indian component is generally 50% ASI depending on population.

Upcoming new Reich's paper will also explain NE Euro component in South Asian populations.

Modern Rajputs are south indian kshatriya clans mixed with Gujjar clans of Rajashtan.

Those are just theories concocted by some non-rajputs. They base rajput origin in gujjars by judging the name "gurjara pratihara". They say "gurjara pratihara" actually meant defenders of gujjars or gujjaristan. It doesn't necessarily mean that rajputs were gujjars. And rathods are theorized to be of Rashtrakuta descent, but they hardly look South Indian. There are rajput rathores living in AJK and they don't look any different from other rajput tribes there. The present day 45% ASI in Rajasthani rajputs is probably due to them mixing with UP and Bihari rajputs, who themselves are mixed with aboriginal dravidian tribes like Gonds.

He resembles a lot with afghan pashtuns in his phenotype substantiating a scythian connection to almost all east iranic races not just pashtuns, pashtuns are only one remenant east iranic tribes. The Jaats of Haryana, Rajashthan and Western UP are different in norhtern european component from pakistani punjabi jatts which are more likely to be original jatts due to affinity to Sindh and generally higher Baloch genetic component in pakistani jatts compared to indian jatts. Moreover the new research is showing that NE euro component is closest to South indian component compared to all other west eurasian components. Many blogers on Anthrogenica forum are studying this NE component's similarity with South indian component on almost daily basis.
Moreover I saw some results from one Brahmin guy from Rajashtan and another from UP who was having same level of NE euro component as jaats from those areas despite having higher overall south indian component. So there are clans in Brahmins from the same states where jaats show high NE euro component with almost equal NE euro component. Since it is brahmins sometimes who show similar NE euro component as jaats from hindi speaking states , those jaats are in all likely hood more purer remanents of Indo-aryan settlers, NE euro is more likely to be a component that was contributed by Indo-aryaqn tribes rather than iranic scythian tribes because all modern east iranic people show high Caucasus component as their defining genetic component.

Good point but South Indians barely have any european component in them. I'd imagine the europoid component of Rajputs and Khatris to also be from the vedic aryans as well. Proto-Rajputs also fought back and defeated white huns under Mihirakula.

BTW the most ASI percentage is found in "Paniya" tribe at 67%. They look just like Papuans, Andamanese and Australian aborigines.

Those are just theories concocted by some non-rajputs. They base rajput origin in gujjars by judging the name "gurjara pratihara". They say "gurjara pratihara" actually meant defenders of gujjars or gujjaristan. It doesn't necessarily mean that rajputs were gujjars. And rathods are theorized to be of Rashtrakuta descent, but they hardly look South Indian. There are rajput rathores living in AJK and they don't look any different from other rajput tribes there. The present day 45% ASI in Rajasthani rajputs is probably due to them mixing with UP and Bihari rajputs, who themselves are mixed with aboriginal dravidian tribes like Gonds.

Well not only that but if the theory is true then what about Punjabi Jatts (90+% of whom claim descent from Rajputs, in personal life and elsewhere). . Moreover somebody said that Punjabi Gujjars ORIGINATED in Rajasthan and then came to Punjab (read my previous posts on this thread regarding this). Somebody also said that punjabi rajputs HAVE to be from Rajasthan originally.
Well if all Punjabi Jatts, Gujjars, Rajputs ORIGINATED elsewhere (rajasthan) and came to Punjab in the last 1000 or so years, do you know what this would imply lol?
What about the arain or countless other tribes who share 'gotras' with gujjars and Jatts etc. All these people came recently to Punjab?:lol::lol: That's millions and millions of people lol.
Most of Punjab's Jatts, Gujjars , Rajputs etc. are local people
who emerged from kingdoms like Kekaya and Kaurava IN THE PUNJAB. Granted there's continutiy to surrounding areas (including Rajasthan). But we have to be critical and nuanced about this. Heck not only Jatts, but so many other communities claim descent from Rajputs, are they all from Rajasthan lol?
If there was mating between locals and Hepthalites it must have happened IN THE PUNJAB too or did it just bypass Punjab and took place all the way in Rajasthan only to come back for whatever reason.
Morevover different rajput groups have been described everything under the sun from 'Turanian', 'Aryan' to even Turko-mongol and latter 'hepthalites'. There's a reason why this rajasthan theory is not accepted in academia but on this site people are pushing it:lol::lol:
Also if you test hundreds or thousands of people , you'll get what I'm pointing to. On harrapa there's hardly any info about PUNJABI gujjars and neither about punjabi Rajputs (barring one or two samples, I remember Zack finally had one punjabi rajput sample and he was cheering in joy :D but there's hardly much data). Moreover in Punjab many non-rajputs claim to be rajput nowadays so we need to have hundreds if not thousands of samples.
Rajputs, Gujjars, jatts are just kshatriyas or somewhere on the Kshatriya scale from ancient times in the Punjab who HAVE assimilated blood of Hepthalites etc. Yes, they have continuity to surrounding areas but they DIDn'T originate there . That defies simple LOGIC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom