What's new

Punjabi Culture in the subcontinent and beyond….

He is from AJK, I was talking about kashmir valley where indo-aryan phenotype is quite strong just like punjab.

Few examples
photo.jpg

_41142652_dar2_203_bbc.jpg

1385429_568870903186593_262236617_n-620x330.jpg

You remember i posted pictures to show types of pagri in our pind. In page 25-26, what is their phenotype?

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan | Page 25

Well only one was family member, rest are random people from pind.

If you are more interested in phenotypes and their evaluation then zetaboards anthropology forum is the right place for that purpose but there too indians with sense of inferiority complex dominate and troll any pakistani that joins that forum to get him banned.

Last edited:
Another thing that I forgot to mention there is also some Armenoid influence in some of the individuals that you posted there. If you are more interested in phenotypes and their evaluation then zetaboards anthropology forum is the right place for that purpose but there too indians with sense of inferiority complex dominate and troll any pakistani that joins that forum to get him banned.

In that case i will just read posts lol

In that case i will just read posts lol
That would be the best and wise option, the banning system of that forum is such that once you are banned there you cannot access that site unless you delete all your browser histories, cookies, login cache etc. , you can access it sometimes but then you never know and it becomes again unaccessable, I feel there is very very sophisticated banning mechanism on zetaboard forum, the adminstrator is an italian guy who bans people on petty issues and complains even when they have contributed on that forum for years , he is a moody person and quite brutal in banning and as I said the banning system is quite high-tech there :lol:

hahaha...
excellent thread..... have experienced most of thing mentioned here...
kanche, chor sipahi, roti-yoghurt ... kaccha makan.... lol...
glorious days....

Bandar killa , I think most pakistani punjabis must have played it in childhood :lol:

She was daughter of a tawaif.
I remember something similar but not really the same..

How widespread is kabutar bazi/palna in Punjab? Kabutar bazi was normal from where i come from.
My uncle had alot!! I would love to stair at them, pet em kiss em and fly em around....mostly chasing em :D

What about Yassu Panju Haar Kabootar Dolli :woot:

How widespread is kabutar bazi/palna in Punjab? Kabutar bazi was normal from where i come from.

20-25 years ago , there were pigeon cages on many roofs of my area even in gujranwala city, our village also used to have kabootar cages on the roofs in high quantity. Kabootar-bazi was considered to be the most addictive hobby and was mocked by parents due to this reason. Now I think the trend of kabootar bazi has fallen drastically.

I remember something similar but not really the same..

My uncle had alot!! I would love to stair at them, pet em kiss em and fly em around....mostly chasing em :D

What about Yassu Panju Haar Kabootar Dolli :woot:

Used to play it a lot

i believe the real Punjabis are similar to the real Sindhis, and they are now the South Indians. Few remnants of the real Punjabis left over are the Punjabi Dalit biradaris. Kashatriyas, Aroras, Arains were Aryans who came later. But due to inter-mariage [ before castes were made ], this dravidian blood is found in all baradaris in Punjab.

Dravidian blood? :rofl:

You realize we only give a shit about our cultures, as for the rest of the Indian cultures we consider them inadequate and inferior so no we are not missing out so spare us.

We don't give a shit..

:enjoy:

Punjabi khatris, aroras (sheikhs in muslims punjabis) and Arains are the oldest people continuously inhabiting punjab since pre historic times. Punjabi is actually their language and all of us late arrivals are speaking their language and adopting their culture.

I was just about to ask this, so these are the oldest Punjabi groups. I read somewhere Jatts came from Sindh before settling in Punjab, is that the case?

I doubt mixing happened on big scale with central asian muslims, most probably pre islamic.

Of course it happened why you think those of Central Asian descent look as South Asian as the rest of us today.

Last edited:

You realize we only give a shit about our cultures, as for the rest of the Indian cultures we consider them inadequate and inferior so no we are not missing out so spare us.

:enjoy:

arse on fire :flame:

I was just about to ask this, so these are the oldest Punjabi groups. I read somewhere Jatts came from Sindh before settling in Punjab, is that the case?

The oldest attestation of jatts is in Sindh where they were mentioned as one of the main tribe of Sindh whom Arabs encountered after Muhammad Bin Qasam's conquest of Sindh in 711 AD. They were described by muslim arab historians of the time as an oppressed community of pastrolist animal herders at the hand of tyrant brahmin ruler of sindh Raja Dahir , the reason was that Jatts in sindh were following bhuddism at that time which Brahmins with help of remanant fanatic kshatriyas were eliminating to revive hinduism in the north west of south asia in places like Sindh, Gandhara and Kashmir.

Jatts gradually moved northwords into plains of punjab. They remained predominantly pastrolist animal herders (like nomadic Gujjars of kashmir) with little bit of agriculture until the time of the mughals when agriculture saw a boom starting in 1500s due to the introduction of persian irrigation wheel that made agriculture more professional than ever before after which jatts of punjab gave up pastolist way of life and founded numerous agricultural villages throughout punjab and achieved such excellence in agriculture that jatt became an equivalent word as farmer in punjab society.

Pastrolist Jatt remanants still live in their native Sindh and neighboring balochistan where they are engaged in pastrolist animal herding and animal (camel) trade. Actually many of so-called Baloch tribes are of ancient jatt origin who have adopted balochi language and identity due to the dominance of neighboring Baloch tribes. Many so-called baloch tribes of sindh and balochistan such as "Jatoi", "chandio" and so on are ultimately of indigenous sindhi pastrolist jatt origin.

Similarly many clans in punjab who now identify as jatts were not historically descended from pastrolist jatts of sindh but were degraded hindu kshatriya clans of punjab who took to agriculture centuries ago and assimilated in modern jatt punjabi identity.

The oldest attestation of jatts is in Sindh where they were mentioned as one of the main tribe of Sindh whom Arabs encountered after Muhammad Bin Qasam's conquest of Sindh in 711 AD. They were described by muslim arab historians of the time as an oppressed community of pastrolist animal herders at the hand of tyrant brahmin ruler of sindh Raja Dahir , the reason was that Jatts in sindh were following bhuddism at that time which Brahmins with help of remanant fanatic kshatriyas were eliminating to revive hinduism in the north west of south asia in places like Sindh, Gandhara and Kashmir.

Jatts gradually moved northwords into plains of punjab. They remained predominantly pastrolist animal herders (like nomadic Gujjars of kashmir) with little bit of agriculture until the time of the mughals when agriculture saw a boom starting in 1500s due to the introduction of persian irrigation wheel that made agriculture more professional than ever before after which jatts of punjab gave up pastolist way of life and founded many agricultural villages throughout punjab and achieved such excellence in agriculture that jatt became an equivalent word as farmer in punjab society.

Pastrolist Jatt remanants still live in their native Sindh and neighboring balochistan where they are engaged in pastrolist animal herding and animal (camel) trade. Actually many of so-called Baloch tribes are of ancient jatt origin who have adopted balochi language and identity due to the dominance of neighboring Baloch tribes. Many so-called baloch tribes of sindh and balochistan such as "Jatoi", "chandio" and so on are ultimately of indigenous sindhi pastrolist jatt origin.

Similarly many clans in punjab who now identify as jatts were not historically descended from pastrolist jatts of sindh but were degraded hindu kshatriya clans of punjab who took to agriculture centuries ago and assimilated in modern jatt punjabi identity.

Jaats or Gaaths are much older tribes than 700 AD and much beyond Sindh province.

They have dominated Sindhi River valley (Sindh+Rajisthan, Punjab, Frontier etc) for a long long long long time.

Jaats or Gaaths are much older tribes than 700 AD and much beyond Sindh province.

They have dominated Sindhi River valley (Sindh+Rajisthan, Punjab, Frontier etc) for a long long long long time.

Whatever you are saying is fairy tale, in the books the jatts are first time attested to be living as pastolist opressed tribe in sindh in Chachnama book. There is no mention of jatts living anywhere other than sindh before that time.

Back
Top Bottom