What's new

Punjabi Culture in the subcontinent and beyond….

Horse dance in an event organized in Gujranwala, a cultural hobby of some punjabi shauqeens hazrat in pakistan :D

Lol! When Punjabi meets Punjabi - the only language they speak is their Maa Boli (Mother Tounge) i.e. Punjabi. For a Punjabi speaker, it's easier to learn Hindi or Vise-Versa. If a Sikh migrate to Delhi - in Delhi Local population speaks Hindi & don't understand Punjabi. Therefore, to converse with them; he has to learn Hindi or you expect Delhites to Learn Punjabi to interact with him? Kon si duniya ma jee rahe ho janab? :crazy:

Delhi is surrounded by Haryana and UP.

It is filled with Jats & Gujjars and they dont find punjabi all that different.

Only issue is that most migrants to delhi were from rawalpindi and Jhelum and such extreme north west districts.

so their punjabi is much different from what was spoken by the jats and gujjars and their crude rustic haryanvi.

Can anyone share Dullah Bhatti's detailed story here? As to what his fight tactics were and how big of a militia he formed?

Delhi is surrounded by Haryana and UP.

It is filled with Jats & Gujjars and they dont find punjabi all that different.

Only issue is that most migrants to delhi were from rawalpindi and Jhelum and such extreme north west districts.

so their punjabi is much different from what was spoken by the jats and gujjars and their crude rustic haryanvi.

I met a Delhiite here and his grandfather had migrated from Rawalpindi. Sunjay Dutt is a full blooded Potohari.

Neza bazi (Tent pegging) in an event organized in Gujranwala, another cultural hobby of some punjabi shauqeens hazrat in pakistan :D

Can anyone share Dullah Bhatti's detailed story here? As to what his fight tactics were and how big of a militia he formed?

I met a Delhiite here and his grandfather had migrated from Rawalpindi. Sunjay Dutt is a full blooded Potohari.

sanjay dutt 's father Sunil Dutt is a Mohyal Brahman from Jhelum,his mom Nargis Dutt was the daughter of another Mohyal Brahman from Jhelum and her mom was a punjabi muslim.

Bandar killa , I think most pakistani punjabis must have played it in childhood :lol:

sanjay dutt 's father Sunil Dutt is a Mohyal Brahman from Jhelum,his mom Nargis Dutt was the daughter of another Mohyal Brahman from Jhelum and her mom was a punjabi muslim.

She was daughter of a tawaif.

Last edited:

Check out Kitasraj temples of Chakwal. It's a must visit place in Pakistan. Simply out of this world. Al-Beruni predicted Kitasraj to be the center of earth. It was a temple complex populated by Mohyal brahmins. I heard Mohyals were warrior brahmins, is it true?

And Sanjay's grandfather and mother were from Rawalpindi I think.

Check out Kitasraj temples of Chakwal. It's a must visit place in Pakistan. Simply out of this world. Al-Beruni predicted Kitasraj to be the center of earth. It was a temple complex populated by Mohyal brahmins. I heard Mohyals were warrior brahmins, is it true?

And Sanjay's grandfather and mother were from Rawalpindi I think. He looks like Chaudhary Aslam Shaheed I think :P

And Sanjay's grandfather and mother were from Rawalpindi I think. He looks like Chaudhary Aslam Shaheed I think :P

Sanjay dutt's phenotype is quite common in pakistani punjab and so is Salman khan's. These two have a lot of hum shakals in pakistani punjab from my experience.

Sanjay dutt's phenotype is quite common in pakistani punjab and so is Salman khan's. These two have a lot of hum shakals in pakistani punjab from my experience.

Agreed. I was just pointing out his strong resemblance to Chaudhary Aslam, who's a hazarewal btw.

yeah Mohyals are warriors,many of them are sikhs too.

Also the Kapoors,including neetu singh who is jatt sikh.

Bandar killa , I think most pakistani punjabis must have played it in childhood :lol:

She was daughter of a tawaif.

no,her dad was a wealthy mohyal businessman of rawalpindi.

yeah Mohyals are warriors,many of them are sikhs too.

no,her dad was a wealthy mohyal businessman of rawalpindi.

Tawaifs make up such stories of manufactured descents, they are not reliable.

I think this phenotype is passed on from ancestral north Indians or "Aryans" like Pandavas and Kauravas of Mahabharata. I don't think its due to scythian influence because I'd imagine scythians to have predominantly hooked noses, which is a characteristic of iranid races. People like Sanjay, Hrithik etc on the other hand lack that phenotype.

Tawaifs make up such stories of manufactured descents, they are not reliable.

Mohyals are a close knit clan and it is impossible that the Dutt clan allowed sunil to marry otuside.

I think this phenotype is passed on from ancestral north Indians or "Aryans" like Pandavas and Kauravas of Mahabharata. I don't think its due to scythian influence because I'd imagine scythians to have predominantly hooked noses, which is a characteristic of iranid races. People like Sanjay, Hrithik etc on the other hand lack that phenotype.

Hrithik is also a punjabi pandat from his dad side.

generally Jatt Sikh/Hindu Jat/Dogar/Arain/Gujjar, these people i found have had very sharp noses and also many many indian kshatriyas,they all have very hooked noses.

Back
Top Bottom