What's new

Punjabi Culture in the subcontinent and beyond….

thats fine but lets keep religion out of this bro.
we do have similarities i have met punjabis from india who do the same things as us. my family is originally from kharian and we have always lived there so you can't say that there is no similarities.
we essentially the same people but we are divided by our religions.

But the problem is for muslims most of the their day to day life is governed by religion than anything called culture that is also the reason why pakistani punjabis don't protest about preservation of anything called punjabi but you will see huge protests in pakistani punjab over some derogatory videos posted on youtube about islam like the event two years ago, I think this should tell a lot to the people who live in the bubble of imaginary culture of pakistani punjab which does not exist on the ground but only in their romantic desires and wishes.

But the problem is for muslims most of the their day to day living is governed by religion than anything called culture that is also the reason why pakistani punjabis don't protest about preservation of anything called punjabi but you will huge protest in pakistani punjab over some derogatory videos posted on youtube about islam just two years ago, I think this should tell a lot to the people who live in the bubble of imaginary culture of pakistani punjab which does not exist on the ground but only in their romantic desires and wishes.
don't be a party pooper can we for once leave religion out of this?
@Imran Khan how about you? can you share your thoughts with us.

Last edited:
:angel:

Yea What is wrong with Gujjars? Where are you guys from...I mean which area Gujrat? I get confused with like Gujrat, Gujranwala and Gojra or something :blink:
I'm from kharian which is in gujrat pakistan.
gujjars are every where though in pakistan, afghanistan, and india.
we the guys who gave pakistan its name:azn::azn:

@Azlan Haider can you shed some light on this.

@Akheilos what about arains whats their origins? and why are they all fundamentalists lol?

don't be a party popper can we for once leave religion out of this?
@Imran Khan how about you? can you share your thoughts with us.

Look you have started this thread but it seems like you are unaware of any typical traditions or aspects that are limited only to punjab, OK I tell you when I grew as a child in central punjab we used to play very punjabi specific children sports even in the cities like
Baandar killa
Bantay (many genres of this sport like nishana, ek vich sarey, goli pilla, nakka pur)
Latu ( again different genres like shartan, gith)
Baadi
Gajji Chara
Bara tain
Sua/langra sher
lakiran
chor sapahi ( a very sophisticated game)
Maran maraan
Kushti
kaudi (kabaddi )

Actually more chances are that people from amritsar played all these games too but people from Rawalpindi did not because our "culture" in central punjab was more similar to neighboring border areas of indian punjab like amritsar/Gurdaspur because both areas are dominated by same jatt clans, notable Cheema and Sandhus are quite widespread jatt clans in both amritsar/Gurdaspur and Gujranwala/Sialkot/Lahore/Narowal areas and hence a lot of cultural similarities between these two areas.

@Akheilos what about arains whats their origins? and why are they all fundamentalists lol?
:rofl: no idea ...whats the obsession about them and onions @LoveIcon uncle plz explain!

Well not all are fundamentalist: @Bratva @S.U.R.B. there are another 2-3 on the forum
we punjabis are short tempers, if you hear us the first time we might have to yell lol
Yea...like when I get mad I jsut pick an onion and throw it...hits you, knock out doesnt hit you, you cry when it swishes by :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom