What's new

Punjabi Culture in the subcontinent and beyond….

not saying that. there are many dalits who converted to islam believing the false notion that they will be respected even more because there is no caste, but found that was false and they couldn't come back to Hinduism as they would be killed according to the Islamic laws.
any examples of this? there are no dalits in pakistan, everybody is equal here.
There are some muslims in india who are now converting back to Hinduism.
do more hindus convert to islam or the other way around?
Even for you I am saying this. you guys once converted to islam. now if you did that once what is wrong in doing it again this time back to the warm embrace of Hinduism.
that would be fine but why go from the light into the darkness?
why go from the truth back into falsehood?
why should i stop eating cheeseburgers?
who would want worship a statue?

the caste system is still there in pak. Do your own research.

more hindus convert to islam because they want to keep many women.

it depends on what is light and darkness.. a bomb blast also gives of light. islam is that kind of a light. and darkness can also mean shade. Hinduism is that kind of beautiful shade where there is no falsehood but multiple truths. 2+2 = 4 and 1+3 also =4. In islam the truth is that there are so many interpretations of islam that today there is not even 1 muslim who is following any one version. so it proves that isslam is false.

you can eat cheeseburger. whats stopping you.

you are worshipping god not a statue. like I said there are many paths in Hinduism. you can explore the paths and find that there are many where you don't have to worship statues or animals (nature). Only thing in Hinduism is that you are a seeker not a believer, so you need to use the brain that god has given you not just obey like a cow led to slaughter :)
your posts will be reported after this , if you do not clean up your act we really going to wrap you up and turn you into a burrito.

I am hindu , I believe that I will come back as a fajita.

but seriously, you are representative of the fact that muslims cannot argue their point but only slay people into submission.
how do you expect me to argue or discuss anything with you when you say things like this:

"more hindus converted to islam because they want to keep many women"

if you really want to have a serious debate then stop bullshitting around and talk like a man not like a 14 year old kid.

on first point - please - that was a response to what? you said something about burrito eh?
yeah but you were saying whole lot of crap before as well.

ok lets have a serious debate - yes the number of hindus converting to islam may be more
there is no may about it, it is more hindus convert to islam then vice verse period.
- hindus don't proselytize
and in islam the person gets killed
what are you trying to say here? I'm not sure if i understand.
- misuse of islam for plygamy.
do you seriously believe this? please show me just 10 cases of such occurrences.
by the way more dalits convert to Christianity (again for material gains) than Islam.
christian missionaries might be more active and probably provide money for the people who convert and the poverty stricken dalits fall for it.
and I'm not even sure if i believe that more dalits convert to christianity rather then islam. i would have to see some kind of proof.
and please do show some proof for your claims otherwise ill just ignore them.

Punjabi is a tonal language, one word with same spelling can have more than one meaning depending on the tone during its pronunciation which only native speakers know about. Dhol = Tol in punjabi so Dhola = Tola, and Yes Gang is also Tola but with a different tone, it is kind of air flow that changes when pronounced in either sense.
In seriki it's dhol for drums .. As for tola it's an Urdu word for measuring gold etc.. Dhola as I said before = beloved .. Like mendha Dhola = my beloved.

Here Saraiki is clearly trying to corrupt persian word "Sheer" with "kheer" which means milk. Kheer also in punjabi means so because it is prepared from milk, both are actually corrupting persian word "Sheer".

Nope .. The word you are referring to is sheerien which means sweet.. Kheer or rice+milk sweet dish .. They use kheer for milk ... You say aithey or here .. In seriki it's edai.. And so on ..

tola means= gram or ounce
@Shabaz Sharif am i right?

dhola sounds like drums to me, like dhol

kheer means rice pudding

Can you read Urdu? The word Tola in Urdu means ounce or gram. It begin with Tey, while Toula which means gang begins with Tay which is also an urdu word

تولا ٹولا

Last edited:
Thts why I call you Indians ignorant .. Punjab has a population of 7? Crore but it's not the number of actual punjabis but overall population .. There is no census of ethnicity.. Apart from tht look at this thread of ex . @Imran Khan he is a serieki (u Dnt even know what tht is) but by ethnicity he is a Baluch whose ancestors migrated to Waseb region .. Than you have the truck load of Pakhtun immigrants like Khakwanis,Barbars,Sadozais,Badozais,Kukikhels,Jadoons etc etc etc .. Than Baluch tribes like Khetran,Rind.Mazaris,Lasharis,Lagharis,Buzdars etc etc tetc .. All these people migrated centuries ago from neighbouring provinces.. Punjab borders KPK,Sindh,Baluchistan,Kashmir .. Apart from tht we have outsiders like Gillanis @Ghareeb_Da_Baal ,Chagtais,Qazalbash,Awan (nawab of kalabagh is also Aman(descent from Hazrat Abbas RA), than we have araiens,Khatars etc etc all .. They make a huge population of Punjab .. And none ethnically are punjabis or of indo aryan origin !!!!!

I can count a billion more tribes who exist in Punjab .. Speak punjabi,serieki or their native language or both..

So tell me what should be the definition of "Punjabi" wrt Pakistani Punjab?
Bhut falto time hai tery pass inko samjhany ka hahahahahah
Yes we are baluch by our grand perants just crossed indus river live here not only we alone dozens of small tribes as example we badani baluch shikrani jhakrani and so on many more but yes we are saraiki now in fect saraiki called us riyasti as we belong 300years to riyasat bahawalpur.and yep all its now punjab.

Those whom id card issued by punjab gov lols mine too.its just land and people yaar since thousands of years things change people change and world move on.

Jangli jangli tribes mein bhi faraq hota hai. Europe ke jangli tribes goray lambay qad key khoobsoorat log they, lekin south asia ke jangli log kaale bad shakal midget log they

bhai gora ho ya sanwla ya kala... yeh toh dekhne waley ki ankhon per hota hai ki woh kisse khoobsurat samjhe. mujhe gori ladkio mein koi interest nahi.. mujhe to desi pasand ati hai.

yeh concept hi galat hai ki jo gora ho woh khoobsurat ho.

bhai gora ho ya sanwla ya kala... yeh toh dekhne waley ki ankhon per hota hai ki woh kisse khoobsurat samjhe. mujhe gori ladkio mein koi interest nahi.. mujhe to desi pasand ati hai.

yeh concept hi galat hai ki jo gora ho woh khoobsurat ho.
Ye gungli tribes kya hoty hai kya sab gangli na thy phly kuch jaldi civilized hooy kuch bad main abut colorr its just skin few grams of tisses cover our ugly meat

Ye gungli tribes kya hoty hai kya sab gangli na thy phly kuch jaldi civilized hooy kuch bad main abut colorr its just skin few grams of tisses cover our ugly meat

obviously... lekin I will still believe that .. subcontinent mein zada civilized thy isliye yahan rich culture hai. ab nahi rahy that'S a diff. story.

Another thing I remember we used to have in our childhood a circus like event which we used to simply call as "Saikal" (bicycle") where the guy used to ride cycle in a round circle of about 50 meters and he used to dance on punjabi songs of ajuman/noor jahan etc. during night when people used to give him some money as a reward. He was supposed to not touch the ground for 7 days (including nights), he would take shower also on the cycle and would do a lot tricks with cycle riding to get appreciation and reward from the crowd, they also used to had a rangeela like character to entertain people. Then this cyclist guy was also burried under the ground for few hours as a trick, he would also let the tractor roll over his legs and all other crazy stuff.

One song over which one such cyclist performed has stuck in my mind, it was this song of Noor jahan /Anjuman and whenever I listen to it, I just get memories of that cyclist guy who performed on this song while riding the cylce to entertain us.
the only thing I remember is someone making their monkey do tricks or the reech (bear) do something an me being the paindu from abroad would look all awestruck! :P

Have been to any north Indian city? I am not talking about Faith!!
and we are talking about "hakikat" (reality) esp since the ancestors of some of us came from India....Mind you the culture they brought around is not really similar...maybe some aspects do touch but you cant call it the same!

maa sadkay. hum to bohat socialite tap log hain. no name putting.
bhar da direction us taraff
arrow-11-512.gif

the only thing I remember is someone making their monkey do tricks or the reech (bear) do something an me being the paindu from abroad would look all awestruck! :P

and we are talking about "hakikat" (reality) esp since the ancestors of some of us came from India....Mind you the culture they brought around is not really similar...maybe some aspects do touch but you cant call it the same!

i was talking about wearing, eating, body language while talking, respecting the elders, Marriage, etc..

Obviously in India itself if you move from one state to other, you will see the difference in culture.. But similarities are more.

Indian history khol kar kyun baith gaye. I am telling you.. India or Pakistan, its all mixed, accept for south India.
So when did you last visited Pakistan? :pop:

i was talking about wearing, eating, body language while talking, respecting the elders, Marriage, etc..

Obviously in India itself if you move from one state to other, you will see the difference in culture.. But similarities are more.
Well, wearing is different you dont see Saris in Pakistani Punjab nor do we have vegetarian eating habits nor does our body language even equate to Indians head shake :rofl:

Respecting alders spans all over Pakistan its not restricted to Punjab (maybe restricted in India) Marriage is very culture and varies alot!

India has 29 states with different culture yaar... Pakistan kya comparison karega? You have majority of Punjabis only.

I am not desperate, I am only correcting you that. Caste and race are two different things.
Correcting is done when you bring in some written material not coz I said so attitude...You coz I said so attitude about Pakistan shows desperation! :enjoy:

Last edited:
So when did you last visited Pakistan? :pop:

Well, wearing is different you dont see Saris in Pakistani Punjab nor do we have vegetarian eating habits nor does our body language even equate to Indians head shake :rofl:

Respecting alders spans all over Pakistan its not restricted to Punjab (maybe restricted in India) Marriage is very culture and varies alot!

Correcting is done when you bring in some written material not coz I said so attitude...You coz I said so attitude about Pakistan shows desperation! :enjoy:

the post is a written material.. and Caste comes from profession where as race comes from region. Itni aqal toh rakho.. you are on defence forum, Itni choti choti baat samjhani parhegi toh its a time waste.

Back
Top Bottom