What's new

PTCL to Offer 50 Mbps Internet Speed

lol

i cant afford 1mb bt their is no option below 1mb in PTCL

sorry this is out of my reach

In shahzadon ki EVO tu chalti nahai hai..!!

Well Sir, I don't know about other parts of the country but it's working fine here in Peshawar. Keep in mind that they do have different frequencies for cities. Means, the EVO bought in Peshawar won't work in ISB or elsewhere.

Well Sir, I don't know about other parts of the country but it's working fine here in Peshawar. Keep in mind that they do have different frequencies for cities. Means, the EVO bought in Peshawar won't work in ISB or elsewhere.

really???? i very much doubt this. otherwise wat exactly is the point?

also their website says something else........

Pakistan’s Fastest growing wireless coverage network, covering virtually entire Pakistan. Employing the latest 3G technology, we are continuously expanding our coverage network to make sure you stay connected wherever you move throughout Pakistan!
http://www.ptcl.com.pk/related_pages.php?pd_id=203&rp_id=144

Below are the total PTCL Broadband packages now available for customer;

256Kbps @Rs 299*
1Mb @Rs 1199
2Mb @Rs 1499
4Mb @Rs 1999
6Mb @Rs 4999
8Mb @Rs 6999
10Mb @Rs 9999
*Limited download with 1 Gb

Welcome to PTCL

PTCL Starts Offering 50 Mbps Internet to Beta Testers

Soon after PTCL’s press release regarding 50MB broadband connections for home users, people started tagging this thing as something from the far far future.

But the news is that PTCL has once again banged the industry by launching 50MB broadband connection for beta testers, with the name “UltraNet”.

For now, network deployment is under way, and during this company is offering test account (as part of network testing) to limited home and business users in Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi.

Moreover PTCL is conducting, kind of, survey on what people really think about this new launch and is collecting their feedback before the official launch of this plan.

During a joint press conference of PTCL and Alcatel-Lucent, held today, PTCL said that home users will be offered 50 Mbps for Rs. 10,000 per month, while corporate users will be charged Rs. 20,000 per month. PTCL announced that service will be commercially launched with-in 3 months from now.

PTCL says that this high speed network in Pakistan will be first commercial use of VDSL2 technology in the telecom industry globally.

PTCL said that it will be using VDSL2 Bonding technology to provide existing digital subscriber line (DSL) customers with speeds up to 50 Mbps. The project leverages Alcatel-Lucent’s VDSL2 Bonding expertise and will be completed by the end of the second quarter of 2011.

During the conference, while commenting on this achievement Walid Irshaid – President and CEO PTCL stated

“PTCL is the first service provider worldwide to deploy a commercial VDSL2 Bonding solution that aims at doubling the bandwidths provided to its existing customers.

We are thus setting the trend in international telecoms, and are taking the broadband experience in Pakistan to the next level. Alcatel-Lucent’s VDSL2 Bonding technology and comprehensive services and network integration expertise is helping us to keep pace with the increasing bandwidth requirements of our customers, while capitalizing on the existing copper infrastructure. This will enable us to quickly deliver high-quality, high-speed and high-availability business and residential services – even in areas where it was not possible before.”

Alcatel-Lucent is providing PTCL with its Intelligent Services Access Manager (ISAM) IP access platform – which is the first platform to commercially support VDSL2 Bonding. Alcatel-Lucent will also supply Bonding-ready customer premises equipment (CPE). Alcatel-Lucent serves as the project’s master network integrator, and is providing a range of professional services – including project management, installation and commissioning, integration and technical support.

“We understand that service providers need the right tools to bridge the gap until fiber deployments have become ubiquitous. VDSL2 Bonding is an ideal approach: service providers like PTCL can almost double the speeds supported by their DSL infrastructure or expand their network’s reach. This makes it a fast and cost-effective approach to bridging the digital divide,” said Aadil Rauf CEO Alcatel-Lucent. Pakistan Ltd,. “This commercial VDSL2 Bonding project with PTCL marks the beginning of VDSL2 Bonding deployments outside of the US – where the technology is typically used to expand the reach of the copper network.”

Alcatel-Lucent is the driving force behind the world’s most advanced VDSL2 roll-outs, with customers such as Belgacom, STC, Swisscom and Telekom Austria. Our VDSL2 solution has also been deployed by competitive operators, including M-net (Germany) and South Yorkshire Digital Region (UK).

Have you tested your connection/bandwidth to see what you can actually get?

Speakeasy - Speed Test

I am on the east coast of America and, right now, am getting download 5.5 mbps if check Atlanta and 4.1 mbps if Seattle.

It is a good information about internet speed.........
In this way i test my internet everyday , because it is useful to know about the uploading and downloading speed, so i check my speed through this site ScanmySpeed
My speed test results are,
upload speed:0.52 kbps
download speed:1.96 kbps
It has the best & accurate results for my internet speed test!!!!

Slowly Slowly 50 mb pakage will come to the price of 4 mb then i will get it:devil:

PTCL is more concerned about the speed then quality. Honestly, there pathetic customer services sometimes makes you through away all these modems and devices etc. I don't want a 50Mbps connection, I want my 2Mb connection to work flawlessly and when a problem arises, they should send in the technician in time. For a disconnection problem you've to wait for weeks to be fixed - and I don't want to say anything about their DNS servers. But yes, I did try that EVO and I'm really impressed with that - PTCL should divert their resources to wireless aka 3G implementation because that's the way to go hassle free in implementing the infrastructure.

do u know wat i do if i need any help?

i just go to the nearest exchange and get a line man from there...and try to be friends with him..that helps...
so u just need to know where to find help and you will find it there..

September 26, 2011

Etisalat launches high-speed 4G mobile network

The LTE, known as 4G, will be available in a month in the UAE's major cities, said Nasser Bin Obood, acting CEO of etisalat, adding that the LTE permits download speeds more than double those of previous mobile networks.

"The LTE network is now ready in major cities in the UAE and it will help to load data at super high speeds reaching more than 150 mbps with better latency and capacity," said Obood.

Etisalat has spent Dh6 billion on its local fixed, mobile, LTE and fibre optic network, added Obood at a press conference.

gulfnews : Etisalat launches high-speed 4G mobile network

--------------

October 10, 2011

Dubai: Etisalat says customers with laptops will be able to surf with 4G internet before mobile phone users.

Ali Al Ahmad, chief corporate communications officer at etisalat, said the company would start selling USB dongles giving users super speeds within two months.

His comments come amid a reported row over which UAE telecom operator will be first to go live with higher speed broadband.

Speaking to Gulf News yesterday, Al Ahmad said there is no question etisalat would be first past the post after spending Dh6 billion on rolling out 4G broadband services.

"Yes, it's ready and we have covered over 80 per cent of the UAE," said Al Ahmad, noting that the new 4G service went live in late September.

Three times faster

With speeds of up to 150 mbps, Al Ahmad said "the speed is incomparable to any network" and is three times faster than 3G networks.

The difference in speed will be noticeable for customers, especially those who download movies. Files that now take two hours to download will take seconds on the new 4G services.

But Al Ahmad said that while etisalat is ready for the shift to 4G, there are still no mobile handsets with the ability to use the super speed.

"Keep in mind, there are no devices yet," Al Ahmad said, pointing out that it could well be next year before major phone manufacturers release 4G-enabled mobile phones in the UAE.

On the other side of the Gitex event at the Dubai International Conference and Exhibition Centre, du CEO Osman Sultan said, when asked by Gulf News, that his company won't be actually offering live 4G services until sometime next year.

"The rollout, launch, will probably not be in 2011," he said. "No rush."

Problems dismissed

"This is not yet in commercial use," Sultan told reporters in a media roundtable at the du exhibition display.

He dismissed reports of problems between his company and etisalat.

Sultan claimed that du was "first to offer 42 mbps in the region" and affirmed that etisalat has nothing to do with du's push to become 4G compliant.

"Everything on mobile is our own network," he said. "We do not share any telecom structure [for the 4G network services]."

gulfnews : Etisalat to launch 4G for laptops ahead of phones

Back
Top Bottom