What's new

PTCL introduces 4 Mbps speed as minimum benchmark across Pakistan

when I was in patna 1 year ago, i was using airtel 3G. i was using unlimited 3g pack of half an hour at just rs 9. the speed was awesome. i never got less than 5mbps speed. but airtel terminated that pack. don't know why.

On 2mb I get 400kb download speed.
Then to let u know your connection is not 2mb its 4mb. You could always go to your router page and check your downstream to make sure what are you actually getting.

I have to praise PTCL for one thing

I was in Pakistan, we had 1MBPS connection at home.. were getting about 1.3 mbps instead. (so higher than what is advertised).

We upgraded the packaged to 4mbps. We were getting 4200Kbps all the time. There was no speed issues and in every test it was close to 4200kbps.

All the internet connections were upgraded free to cost from 1mbps to 2mbps so I reverted back to 2mbps as I didn't need 4mbps anymore. I was getting speed of above 2000kbps all the time.

------

In UK, unless you have a fibre optic broadband, you subscribe to 16MBPS package, 20 mbps package, 24 mbps package your average speed is going to remain close to 10-11mbps. As they would come up with excuses that it's up to 24mbps.. and the distance to my local telephone exchange, the line quality and other things would reduce my speed etc.

Then to let u know your connection is not 2mb its 4mb. You could always go to your router page and check your downstream to make sure what are you actually getting.
I used 4mb for three years, the download speed was around 500kb, six seven months ago I reduced the package to 2mb, the bill is half now but speed is 400kb :)

i have a bsnl 2 mbps broadband connection and i am getting 100 KBPS(800 kbps) speed.
If u are actualy getting 800kbps for sure thats a 8mb package.
To make it clear 2mb connection will have a downstream of around 2000kb to 2048kb which is equal to 2mb
1024kb=1mb
So practically if you have a 2mb connection u cant get more than 200kbps thats a true 2mb connection on 8mb package u will be enjoying speeds up to 800kbps and on 10mb connection u cant go above 1mbps. Simple maths.

I used 4mb for three years, the download speed was around 500kb, six seven months ago I reduced the package to 2mb, the bill is half now but speed is 400kb :)
Its better for you enjoying 4mb on 2mb bill beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom