What's new

PTCL introduces 4 Mbps speed as minimum benchmark across Pakistan

Instead of increasing speed, PTCL should pay attention to crappy media wires. They should start replacing old crappy copper wires with fiber optics first. In areas where the wires are too old, even 1 MB internet connection stops working after every few days.

Instead of increasing speed, PTCL should pay attention to crappy media wires. They should start replacing old crappy copper wires with fiber optics first. In areas where the wires are too old, even 1 MB internet connection stops working after every few days.

Wiring the whole country with fiber optics cable is an expensive and time consuming proposition.

That is too much to ask I think.

It's only been a year or two since the UK has switched from copper wire on the whole. Expecting Pak to start replacing cheap copper wires, you should wait a few years.

Wiring the whole country with fiber optics cable is an expensive and time consuming proposition.

The old copper wires are decades old and have already passed their life time years ago. And they should at least move to fiber optics in big commercial cities like Lahore, Islamabad etc..

That is too much to ask I think.

It's only been a year or two since the UK has switched from copper wire on the whole. Expecting Pak to start replacing cheap copper wires, you should wait a few years.

Sir, they can at least do that in commercial areas of Lahore and other big cities? I live in center of Lahore, and I cannot use above 1 MB wired internet because of crappy media, as a result I am forced to use expansive wireless Wateen since past 3 years. Meanwhile I've checked several times but they just keep saying they will upgrade the wires soon.

Dude... even in one of the most inhospitable terrain of Pakistan, I got fiber to home! :D

You iz crazy..... get an upgrade.... spend some moolah..... :P

Lun internet of Pakistan. Wateen? Tried it shitty. Qubee? Tried it shitty? Witribe? Tried it shitty. Worldcall? Tried it shitty. EVO dingo dongo same shit.

PTCL is somewhat decent and half the places cant suppord anything over 1mb because of shitty wires.

Sir, they can at least do that in commercial areas of Lahore and other big cities? I live in center of Lahore, and I cannot use above 1 MB wired internet because of crappy media, as a result I am forced to use expansive wireless Wateen since past 3 years. Meanwhile I've checked several times but they just keep saying they will upgrade the wires soon.

That's true, it would suit places in Lahore and Islamabad. But the problem is simple, fibre optic method is expensive, there are start up costs too, not just of the actual wire, even experimenting with a switch is costly even before you put it in to practise on the ground.

A firm's objective is to make money, when the demand for fibre optics is high enough, they will introduce that option in to the market, until then, I doubt you'll see it.

All the existing 1mb packages are upgraded to 2mb for the same price

That's true, it would suit places in Lahore and Islamabad. But the problem is simple, fibre optic method is expensive, there are start up costs too, not just of the actual wire, even experimenting with a switch is costly even before you put it in to practise on the ground.

A firm's objective is to make money, when the demand for fibre optics is high enough, they will introduce that option in to the market, until then, I doubt you'll see it.

There are areas in Lahore where there are lots of IT company offices, Gulburg main boulevard, Liberty, Barkat Market, Feroz Pur Roads etc, they should at least make change main wires in these these areas to fiber optics. I heard in past that they are moving to fiber optics in Gulburg, don't know about the status though.. Siddiq Trade Center, Gulbarg alone is full of IT companies, for just an example..

How is that possible?
The correct sentence would be "1Mbps n 2Mbps are being upgraded to 4Mbps at respective package cost :D

Which translates to, whether you like it or not, we are going to charge you more. So the ones who can't afford the better package, will be left with no package! :rofl:

How is that possible?
The correct sentence would be "1Mbps n 2Mbps are being upgraded to 4Mbps at respective package cost :D

Allowed only is 8 GB download. After that it nose dives to 256Kbps!!!!! WTF? :undecided:

But yes, if I want unlimited download at that speed then I gotta pay Rs 1800 pm for the service! And it's government owned BSNL! They boast of fibre optic cables etc etc but the end result is what was there in baba adam ka zamana!! Jeeez!

Dude.. wtf? I pay RS. 760 for 4 mbps (FUP: 20GB, after 20gb speed goes 1 mbps). Change to some other provider.

Dude.. wtf? I pay RS. 760 for 4 mbps (FUP: 20GB, after 20gb speed goes 1 mbps). Change to some other provider.
Wow! :woot: Who's your provider? BSNL sucks and I wanna trash it and migrate to greener pastures!!

20 gigs? Are you kidding me? PTCL provides unlimited ( in reality the limit is 150GB! ) , 20 gigs is like my 3-4 days!

Wow! :woot: Who's your provider? BSNL sucks and I wanna trash it and migrate to greener pastures!!

Beam Telecom!! For 1060, you get 15 mbps FUP is around 25 gb (edit: it's 50 GB), 2 mbps after fup..

20 gigs? Are you kidding me? PTCL provides unlimited ( in reality the limit is 150GB! ) , 20 gigs is like my 3-4 days!

20 GB at 4 MBPS and the rest is unlimited @ 1 mbps. btw how much do you pay and what's the speed?

Back
Top Bottom