What's new

PROUD to be POOR

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!

WE SHALL NOT HAVE THIS HERE SAINT - I HAVE MADE THIS ABUNDANTLY CLEAR TO TOXIC IN MY WORDS - AND I AM DOING THIS TO YOU ALSO.

THIS PARTICULAR THREAD, FOR ALL THOSE WHO PASS BY, IS: 'A SHRINE TO HUMANITY.'

WE SHALL NOT DESECRATE IT - NOR ALLOW ANY ONE TO DO IT

Last edited:
I hope you will remove your comments, Saint. This is a poor reflection of who we are as Muslims.

Proud to be Poor-sure sounds good.......but matter of fact is,are the ones saying this themselves poor???.......surely no.....the words are for 'moner shantona'........a man struggling to get proper food on a daily basis can never be proud,infact he would have no time to do such philosophical thinking,they rather try to find food than do such thinkin.......we who dont suffer that way,may talk to be proud to be poor but never get the hard hit for the country being poor,which is not the case for the true representatives of the poor......,.being poor is not a thing to be proud of,as proudness brings a feeling of containment within us which we can never afford as third world countries.......we must grow,grow to be rich one day,and work hard for that rather than being proud of poverty........this refers for whole of the subcontinent

Proud to be Poor-sure sounds good.......but matter of fact is,are the ones saying this themselves poor???.......surely no.....the words are for 'moner shantona'........a man struggling to get proper food on a daily basis can never be proud,infact he would have no time to do such philosophical thinking,they rather try to find food than do such thinkin.......we who dont suffer that way,may talk to be proud to be poor but never get the hard hit for the country being poor,which is not the case for the true representatives of the poor......,.being poor is not a thing to be proud of,as proudness brings a feeling of containment within us which we can never afford as third world countries.......we must grow,grow to be rich one day,and work hard for that rather than being proud of poverty........this refers for whole of the subcontinent
Jako, you are right - but the heading does not catch everything. We are proud of the wealth that is still in us in our poverty. Hardship has a purpose a learning curve.
As you can see in the body of that essay itself, that we once were rich too in the Golden Bengal of our yesteryears.
Why would the British set up shop here for their East India Company - the British were extremely poor then. Poorer than us
And just in case you are yet to see more of this life like our young friend Leon, the same advise goes: 'It is important for us to be happy not RICH'.
The Americans, europeans, Japs are super rich but they are extremely unhappy.
More next time.

Good Nite

I get you seagull,but my point is,ek jon manush jar kashe nun kenar-o taka nei,sukhi hote pare???......i bet no,if i'm wrong i am yet to see many new things in this beautifull world!!!......he may say he is happy to you,but when you are gone he will weep seeing the dry faces of his small kids........just remembered a small quote-when a man is poor with no food,to him-'purnimar chand jano jholsano ruti'

Jako, you are right - but the heading does not catch everything. We are proud of the wealth that is still in us in our poverty. Hardship has a purpose a learning curve.
As you can see in the body of that essay itself, that we once were rich too in the Golden Bengal of our yesteryears.
Why would the British set up shop here for their East India Company - the British were extremely poor then. Poorer than us
And just in case you are yet to see more of this life like our young friend Leon, the same advise goes: 'It is important for us to be happy not RICH'.
The Americans, europeans, Japs are super rich but they are extremely unhappy.
More next time.

Good Nite

On a more personal level, money may not be everything but it is a lot of things. The more the merrier I say!:cheers:

Whatever mask a sleazy, hybrid, shallow chanakya wears and whatever name like Ram, Laxman, Raban he takes; his real color is bound to pop up when push comes to shove. Now listen up, Intoxicated-vocabulary wiz, being a Muslim we need to show as much respect to Christ as to Mohammad. Otherwise we can't even be Muslims. If you need lesson of Islam 101 let me know, otherwise don't sound like a mean coward.
My comment had nothing to do Islam or any religion. Maybe sometimes, just for a change, you may want to take off that tin foil hat of yours and actually make an honest attempt at comprehending what is being said. It will do whole lot of good to your blood pressure, which for no reason, keeps reaching for the sky.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

But not my good friend Toxic - he can barely tell poetry from prose.
Ehhh ???;)

Title best be "Content to be Poor". It shouldn't be a matter of pride or shame in being poor, but being content (and grateful) for what we have, not being greedy and unsatisfied. This is difficult virtue to achieve.

Title best be "Content to be Poor". It shouldn't be a matter of pride or shame in being poor, but being content (and grateful) for what we have, not being greedy and unsatisfied. This is difficult virtue to achieve.
'Pride' is sexed up 'contentment'. Jako's argument applies unabated.

Romanticizing poverty is so 19th century (and mid 20th century).

Thank you for the suggestion - but I am not changing it

We still are proud of the wealth in that poverty that you cannot find. Nazrul's bit of poetry is possibly foreign to you but not to my friends in India.

'Pride' is sexed up 'contentment'. Jako's argument applies unabated.

Romanticizing poverty is so 19th century (and mid 20th century).
Pride is WHAT???

Its much more than what you think - Jako's comments neither applies nor goes unabated.

I shall reply to JAKO in due time, don't you worry Toxic. I don't mince for words and you know that.

Gotta go for now

Last edited:
EW - why not ask our good friend Jako, perhaps he can help us out. Our Indian friends are all great lovers of music and song.
But not my good friend Toxic - he can barely tell poetry from prose.
It is good to know Jako is fond of music and songs. To tell you frankly, I despise the GHOTIs only because they are so miser. But, on the other hand, I also like their one character, that is, their creativity in songs and music. I cannot stop listening to the songs of Dhananjay Bhattachariya, Jaganmay Mitra, Manabendra, Shotinath, Salil Chowdhury, Subir Sen, Shyamol Mitra, Hemanta (not his slow songs), Geeta Dutt, Sandhya Mukherjee, Talat Mahmud, Manna Dey and some others. Even Muhammad Rafi also sang very beautiful Bangla songs.

I think, Jako being of a new generation, may not like the songs of those famous singers. Now a days, Kolkata is also awash with disco songs, same as Dhaka. God save me! By the way, can Jako tell me who is the original singer of "Amaro Deshero Matiro Gondhey Bhore Achey Shara Mon----," Ferdousi Rahman or Runa Laila?

Pride is WHAT???

Its much more than what you think - Jako's comments neither applies nor goes unabated.

I shall reply to JAKO in due time, don't you worry boy. You know me very well, don't you/

Gotta go for now
I will be eagerly waiting for your reply.:tup: Only after that will I respond, of course, time permitting.:pop:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom