What's new

PROUD to be POOR

Nah ew....i cant help you with the song you quoted......though runa laila is a huge hit in wb .with 'sadher lau' and 'tin din' playing in full high in every festivals here esp during the durga puja.......not only in kolkata,she is famous in rural and sub-urb bengal as well.....,..btw,though i mostly listen to western metal stuffs,rabindrageeti and najrulgeeti are favs of any bengali u see,including me

Nah ew....i cant help you with the song you quoted......though runa laila is a huge hit in wb .with 'sadher lau' and 'tin din' playing in full high in every festivals here esp during the durga puja.......not only in kolkata,she is famous in rural and sub-urb bengal as well.....,..btw,though i mostly listen to western metal stuffs,rabindrageeti and najrulgeeti are favs of any bengali u see,including me
Never mind Jako - Just fill in the rest of the lyrics of this hauntingly beautiful song and lets all sing it together:

Koto dur aar koto dur

Which BD TV channel do you guys get out there?

Though local(private) cable tv operators offer some bd channels.......it is true that number of bd channels in wb are almost null.........my airtel digital tv offers no bd channels.......do you get any bengali or other channels from india in bd?

Though local(private) cable tv operators offer some bd channels.......it is true that number of bd channels in wb are almost null.........my airtel digital tv offers no bd channels.......do you get any bengali or other channels from india in bd?

We get all Indian Bangla channels and off course all the hindi channels here(Man I hate these serials,can't watch match properly :angry: ).I know they don't show Bangladeshi channels in WB.May be because of losing out to Bangladeshi channels in competition.There was a protest a few years back for this reason.

Off-topic:Anyone saw Shakib's hundred today..it was awesome:cheesy:

Ah!! so that's where you have been - watching cricket all day and we have been wondering where you gone.
My memories of wonderful cricket are the ones - that we beat Pakistan here - and the one we beat India in the Caribbean.

Jako - I recommend you watch some of our Bangla Natok on the private channels - though I watch them neither. But I am sure you will enjoy them very much. Just try and see.
And listen too, to some of the songs by our new talents on FM radio channels.

I listned to the songs of the new age bd bands here in this forum itself courtesy my dear friend RAQUIB......and they were great!!!......but my alltime favourites are MILES and LRB.......i a few years back,in my schooldays also performed 'phiriye dao' and 'tumi khoma kore dio amay' by them in the school fest with my friends!(those days were great,you know).........quite a hit here even after so many years those songs are

I listned to the songs of the new age bd bands here in this forum itself courtesy my dear friend RAQUIB......and they were great!!!......but my alltime favourites are MILES and LRB.......i a few years back,in my schooldays also performed 'phiriye dao' and 'tumi khoma kore dio amay' by them in the school fest with my friends!(those days were great,you know).........quite a hit here even after so many years those songs are

Try the band called "Aurthohin". I just had the opportunity to listen to one of their songs and loved it. I dont listen to songs, so I cant tell more about them but try it.
:cheers:

Folks,
Good news for all of you.
My pc has broken down. Kaput.
So I shan't be around for a while - may be a long while. Because I am not even trying to have it back on again.
Actually enjoying the bliss that comes with the escape of tyranny from the pursuit of knowledge that has plagued me for the past couple of years.
Pls continue on this good work from which you shall learn a lot of things in differing perspectives. I may join you at a later time even if sporadically.

Today is also the anniversary day of the Day of Independence for INDIA.
From all members of this community let us all extend our warm wishes and happy greetings to our friends in India.

My special thanks to the moderators, who have tolerated me thus far, with their clenched teeth.
And high regards to our WebMaster and all the members of this community.
This is indeed a 'great place' to be.

The Very best of my wishes
To you all

Folks,
Good news for all of you.
My pc has broken down. Kaput.
So I shan't be around for a while - may be a long while. Because I am not even trying to have it back on again.
Actually enjoying the bliss that comes with the escape of tyranny from the pursuit of knowledge that has plagued me for the past couple of years.
Pls continue on this good work from which you shall learn a lot of things in differing perspectives. I may join you at a later time even if sporadically.

Today is also the anniversary day of the Day of Independence for INDIA.
From all members of this community let us all extend our warm wishes and happy greetings to our friends in India.

My special thanks to the moderators, who have tolerated me thus far, with their clenched teeth.
And high regards to our WebMaster and all the members of this community.
This is indeed a 'great place' to be.

The Very best of my wishes
To you all

Get back soon sire.Get ur PC fixed sire.

the same way, lots of WB/Bengal musician are extremly popular in BD. Practically, when we talked about Bengali cultural icon like musicians, writer,poet basically we talk about hindu( not to take in other way) personal. Only a few were muslims. Till the british time,
most of the banglai intelectual were hindu(muslim were mainly farmer/peasent and not interested into english education).

We lost 90% of our educated elite to india as after 1947 most them stayed or migrated to india.

It is way too bad that we are not having enough people to people contact between BD and WB. Both side we are taking narrow views.

We lost 90% of our educated elite to india as after 1947 most them stayed or migrated to india.

Brother at the end of the day it's a very good thing. Tagore has done enough damaged to muslim thinking process as it has diluted islamic socity.

Brother at the end of the day it's a very good thing. Tagore has done enough damaged to muslim thinking process as it has diluted islamic socity.

Funny hearing that from someone sitting in a christian country.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom