What's new

proposal for a new division of south asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
In China, 400 million people can't speak in National Language Mandarin.

The speciality of CHinese is that when they point fingers at other they do not see that 3 fingers are pointed at them.

The speciality of CHinese is that when they point fingers at other they do not see that 3 fingers are pointed at them.

China actually don't have a unifying language, its only their pictographic script that unites Chinese across so many unintelligible dialects/languages and many Chinese feel they don't need to learn the national language Mandarin, even in South China they tried to ban Cantonese from TV. @Luca1 Can explain you in a better way. ;)

China actually don't have a unifying language, its only their pictographic script that unites Chinese across so many unintelligible dialects/languages and many Chinese feel they don't need to learn the national language Mandarin, even in South China they tried to ban Cantonese from TV. @Luca1 Can explain you in a better way. ;)
English is the language of communication not Hindi...... Hindi speaking people take advantage of it. Even though I know Hindi I had to say that.

Hindi =! Indian language. Its one of the many Indian language. Other language are as important as Hindi. Its not mandatory to know Hindi for every Indian but Hindi speaking people don't understand that.

What mistake Pakistan did with Urdu, India shouldn't do with Hindi.

English is the language of communication not Hindi...... Hindi speaking people take advantage of it. Even though I know Hindi I had to say that.

I disagree with that, Hindi is still the language of communication in most of India if not everywhere in South India. Honestly saying, I have seen only in South India that people speak English for communication mostly Tamils and Malayalis. So, you claim is far from reality.

Hindi =! Indian language. Its one of the many Indian language. Other language are as important as Hindi. Its not mandatory to know Hindi for every Indian but Hindi speaking people don't understand that.
What mistake Pakistan did with Urdu, India shouldn't do with Hindi.

People has opinions and having an opinion doesn't mean Hindi is being imposed on people who don't want it for themselves. You know we are not Pakistan, multilingualism is essence of India.

Correction* Mandarin Chinese is the most widely spoken language in the world. English is probably the most understood language in the world, due to British colonialism, and is also the most widely used from people who use is as their first language and second langues users, Remember English is the business language of the world. Not Hindi. :D

Hindi is understood in more countries than Mandarin. Mandarin is only confined to China and Singapore.

I disagree with that, Hindi is still the language of communication in most of India if not everywhere in South India. Honestly saying, I have seen only in South India that people speak English for communication mostly Tamils and Malayalis. So, you claim is far from reality.

People has opinions and having an opinion doesn't mean Hindi is being imposed on people who don't want it for themselves.

OK, most of the people know how to read their native mother tongue. Everything from Central govt comes in Hindi or English. For Educated and Hindi speaking people this is OK but what about rests? Theydon't know either of them. Its discriminatory to those who doesn't know Hindi.

You know we are not Pakistan, multilingualism is essence of India.
Thats a misconception. Ideally Hindi is dominating. People expect you to know Hindi otherwise they will look at you, "OK, you even don't know Hindi" lol

OK, most of the people know how to read their native mother tongue. Everything from Central govt comes in Hindi or English.

So, what solution you suggest, how to accommodate 22 languages at once.

For Educated and Hindi speaking people this is OK but what about rests? Theydon't know either of them. Its discriminatory to those who doesn't know Hindi.

so, will English serve that purpose seeing the kind of proficiency people have in English in India. Atleast people can understand our ministers speaking in Hindi in majority of India, but what about English.

Thats a misconception. Ideally Hindi is dominating. People expect you to know Hindi otherwise they will look at you, "OK, you even don't know Hindi" lol

In reality, English is dominating, Hindi is just confined to broken lingua franca or signboards. If you have to succeed you ought to know English, your hypothetical fear of Hindi dominance has no basis.

BTW are you from Tamil Nadu. ;)

No, only English.

Majority doesn't make India, whole India does. Sorry to say Hindi speaking BIMARU states are most backward in India. but they are largest in population.

People must learn English or publish in regional language along with English.

lol I have seen it. As my parents doesn't speak Hindi well.

lol Thats the problem!!! Sorry I am not a Tamil, I wish if I could! :D I am a simple guy from ambala haryana.

I have traveled all across India, so I am quite aware how much people proficient in English outside Hindi belt keeping aside your BIMARU bashing and thus my opinion aren't based on some stereotype. :girl_wacko:

You think switching only to English won't see a resistance.

BTW if you are from Ambala, how come you bashing Hindiwalas, that sounds unusual. :lol::lol:

I have traveled all across India, so I am quite aware how much people proficient in English outside Hindi belt keeping aside your BIMARU bashing and thus my opinion aren't based on some stereotype. :girl_wacko:

You think switching only to English won't see a resistance.

BTW if you are from Ambala, how come you bashing Hindiwalas, that sounds unusual. :lol::lol:

Ambala is not of Hindiwalas!!! lol Anyways, I am not Hindiwala!!! I have nothing against them but there should not be any special advantages given to some people!!!

Like many central govt papers (exams) coming in English and Hindi. Hindi knowing people answer in Hindi, guys from other states answer in English. Why it should be like that?

Ambala is not of Hindiwalas!!! lol Anyways, I am not Hindiwala!!! I have nothing against them but there should not be any special advantages given to some people!!!

Like many central govt papers (exams) coming in English and Hindi. Hindi knowing people answer in Hindi, guys from other states answer in English. Why it should be like that?

So, what you suggest, have you ever talked to the people who appear for these exams. I see you are here to defend English. :o: Ambala is not Hindiwala, then saying you are from Ambala, when I asked a simple question. ;)

Writing Hindi mother tongue in census forum doesn't make one Hindi speaker :pop:

Ambala is a Hindiwala town unlike the migrants from Himachal and Haryana who started to call themselves as Punjabis after migrating to Pakistan. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Ambala is a Hindiwala town unlike the migrants from Himachal and Haryana who started to call themselves as Punjabis after migrating to Pakistan. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

LOL!! Now a Bihari babu will tell me that what language my grandfather used to speak... :pop:

LOL!! Now a Bihari babu will tell me that what language my grandfather used to speak... :pop:

Ok, you are free to fool around people by Haryanvis/Himachalis as Punjabi in Pakistan, here we are clear what constitutes a Hindi belt.

map_1.gif

Ok, you are free to fool around people by Haryanvis/Himachalis as Punjabi in Pakistan, here we are clear what constitutes a Hindi belt.

map_1.gif

As i said writing Hindi as mother tongue in census forums doesn't make one native Hindi speaker but yeah after 2-3 more generation people in those areas will become genuine Hindi speakers after losing trace of their original languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom