What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

First prototype in 2022-2025 IOC will be 2030-2035 timeframe i would say
Too much gap between JF-17 block 3 production and 5th gen fighter....what's going to happens to the production line and technical stuff unless they are planning to build 300 to 400 more Jf-17 (block 3, 4 and 5)

to me, if i believe on timeline given, nothing will be done in Pakistan on the fighter physically. Pakistani team will be involved in R&D and very limited participation in actual manufacturing.

This knowledge will be used in future projects. I might be wrong but keeping in mind JF 17 is still under development / improvements our all available resources are fully occupied.

Same timeline for PAF FGF as of TFX (2022). Interesting.
But personally I'd like J-31s in green color before 2030.

As Expected Pakistan Airforce will Collaborate with Chinese in buying J-31 for the short term Plan and will Partner with Turkey im TAI TFX in the long term project :D :D

TAI-TFX will replace F-16's after 2028-2030
TFX HAS LEAST CHANCE TO GET IN NEAR FUTURE, I AM NOT SAYING THAT WE NOT GET TFX AND REMEMBER THAT TFX IS IN THE INITIAL PHASE OF DEVELOPMENT (FIRST FLIGHT WILL BE EXPECTED 2023- 2025) AND MASS PRODUCTION WILL BEGINS IN 2028-2030 TIME-FRAME AND ALSO NOT TO FORGET PAF PREFER MULTIROLE JETS NOT SINGLE MISSION (AIR SUPERIORITY) LIKE TFX, AND ALSO REMEMBER THAT IAF WILL BE GETTING FGFA IN 2023-2025 TIME-FRAME TO COUNTER THAT THREAT J-31 WILL BE MORE FEASIBLE THAN TFX
Too much gap between JF-17 block 3 production and 5th gen fighter....what's going to happens to the production line and technical stuff unless they are planning to build 300 to 400 more Jf-17 (block 3, 4 and 5)
You think 5th generation development is that easyo_O look to examples (USA started ATF program in 1980 and finish 2005 and similarly JSF program initiated 1992 and completed 2016,J-20 1999-2017) and those countries have a very strong industrial and R&D base, so how it could be possible to assume than PAKISTAN's project "AZM" will be mass produce in lets say 2025-2028, think about it bro:pakistan::china:

TFX HAS LEAST CHANCE TO GET IN NEAR FUTURE, I AM NOT SAYING THAT WE NOT GET TFX AND REMEMBER THAT TFX IS IN THE INITIAL PHASE OF DEVELOPMENT (FIRST FLIGHT WILL BE EXPECTED 2023- 2025) AND MASS PRODUCTION WILL BEGINS IN 2028-2030 TIME-FRAME AND ALSO NOT TO FORGET PAF PREFER MULTIROLE JETS NOT SINGLE MISSION (AIR SUPERIORITY) LIKE TFX, AND ALSO REMEMBER THAT IAF WILL BE GETTING FGFA IN 2023-2025 TIME-FRAME TO COUNTER THAT THREAT J-31 WILL BE MORE FEASIBLE THAN TFX
YOU CAN STATE YOUR OPINION WITHOUT CAPS!

Look bro what you are saying make sense , but lets consider few other aspects .. First TFX right now is mainly Turkish, so if in future PAF decide to pitch in that mean our expertise will get in as well, this will pump up the funds + R&D work as well, resulting faster process for prototype and production ..
second point right now PAF has different War strategy , but that does not mean it wont change in future , if and lets pray that Pakistan economy gets better and so than we will have a need for long air superiority Fighter to back J-31 who will be main carriers of payload .
as for IAF, we cant match them, so have to come up with overall package of Fighters , Ground based Radars , aWAC's and SAM's to counter IAF in any future conflict .. as for TFX i am pretty optimistic that it will get in production post 2028 , and very likely will end up in small or medium numbers in PAF as Air superiority fighter backed by J-31 aka AZM, and JF-17 block 2/3/4 .

Look bro what you are saying make sense , but lets consider few other aspects .. First TFX right now is mainly Turkish, so if in future PAF decide to pitch in that mean our expertise will get in as well, this will pump up the funds + R&D work as well, resulting faster process for prototype and production ..
second point right now PAF has different War strategy , but that does not mean it wont change in future , if and lets pray that Pakistan economy gets better and so than we will have a need for long air superiority Fighter to back J-31 who will be main carriers of payload .
as for IAF, we cant match them, so have to come up with overall package of Fighters , Ground based Radars , aWAC's and SAM's to counter IAF in any future conflict .. as for TFX i am pretty optimistic that it will get in production post 2028 , and very likely will end up in small or medium numbers in PAF as Air superiority fighter backed by J-31 aka AZM, and JF-17 block 2/3/4 .
look bro the rest of the world are standardize jets like F-22, F-35, J-20, JXY and PAK-FA, LFMS to Complement 1st tier air superiority jets (F-22, J-20, PAK-FA) to 2nd tier multi-role jets ( F-35, JXY, LFMS) PAF in that positions to induct 2 different types of 5th gen jets not in the near future or nor in the distant future, it will be burden/liabilities on future PAF, if we need to induct TFX lets forget J-31 and opposite will be same conclusion, how about we put 5th gen Turkish avionics on J-31, just my 2 cent:angel:

PAF is like Merhum Muhammed Ali inside the ring- fluttering like a butterfly around the hippopotamus like opponent while raging like a bull and delivering periodical punches!!! Provided this 5th gen turns out to be a success like JFs, PAF is going for a right hook to knock out the opponent at the 3rd round!!!! Congrats!!! Paks are in no mood to go home and die no matter how many heinous plans RAW/CIA/MOSAD/NDS etc. produce like the children of Sheyatin*!!!!

*Imam-I Rabbani (RA) was given the privilege to have a preview of the Alem-I Jinn. He found them to be so numerous that not a pin can be inserted among them!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
look bro the rest of the world are standardize jets like F-22, F-35, J-20, JXY and PAK-FA, LFMS to Complement 1st tier air superiority jets (F-22, J-20, PAK-FA) to 2nd tier multi-role jets ( F-35, JXY, LFMS) PAF in that positions to induct 2 different types of 5th gen jets not in the near future or nor in the distant future, it will be burden/liabilities on future PAF, if we need to induct TFX lets forget J-31 and opposite will be same conclusion, how about we put 5th gen Turkish avionics on J-31, just my 2 cent:angel:

“Turkish Avionics”, I am not sure I would bet on that if I were pakistanis, turkey has never even made a low end fighter must less to be considered to have “turkish avionics”.

you miss one point brother, J-31 might be Project Azm, and if that Happens than we are building around 60% of the J-31 at home in PAC kamra Aviation City, and buying off the shelf TFX in lets say 36-52 wont be a headache once the economy will pace up ..
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) your thoughts sir .

you miss one point brother, J-31 might be Project Azm, and if that Happens than we are building around 60% of the J-31 at home in PAC kamra Aviation City, and buying off the shelf TFX in lets say 36-52 wont be a headache once the economy will pace up ..
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) your thoughts sir .
you said MIGHT BE but it may be clean sheet design who knows just your thought/rumors:angel:

It's tough to say.

There's value on both points:

1. FC-31 is closest to fruition, the PAF can get a FGF in the mid-2020s and early-2030s

2. But there's the Aviation Design Institute which is explicitly tasked to "design" a FGF. The CAS said 60% of its staff are civilian. The CAS also said that the PAF is thinking about "beyond" 5th-gen. Does any of that sound like the statements of someone who is just going to import the FC-31? They could literally have said that the Chinese have advanced considerably and that they'll procure a state-of-the-art 5th-gen fighter off-the-shelf, like they had for the Hangor (II) submarines or even Chinese frigates.

Back
Top Bottom