What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

The original max thrust of WS15 is 16 tons, but they renew the design in year 2015 for max 18 tons after we had some major breakthrough in new generation crystal blade, new thermal barrier coating, new Ceramics matrix composite application, T1000 Carbon fiber.

Now WS15 is flying with IL76, will be installed on J20 for test after that.
A promising beast with a brilliant future.

It nearly incorporated all the technology advancement of China.

The gem on the crown.

we have no idea what really Azm is ..there isnt any design or pro type or tech demonstrator or even name of the contractors..

we should expect a protoype in 5 years(Serial production in 10-12 years), i think that is when we would know ..unless something is leaked before

most likely that project AZM will have two WS-19 but @wanglaokan sir referring two WS-15o_O
I mean why PAF doesn't consider dual engine configuration heavy class for AZM?

Two WS19?
i know lots of PAF military fans prefer AZM to be single WS15 engine configuration of medium-heavy class.

most likely that project AZM will have two WS-19 but @wanglaokan sir referring two WS-15o_O
We can't exclude WS15 for AZM at Cureent stage. What if PAF want something like F35A?

Single engine fighter is the favourite of PAF, operate at low cost and easy to maintain.

Do you ever consider that CAC might be developing a single engine stealthy fighter based on WS15 engine to Meet PLAAF's need for high-low combo for stealthy squadrons? Think about the economy of scale in this case if both PLAAF and PAF induct it?

If F35A with single engine can operate on the high sea, why AZM can't?

The only possibility to bring down the unit cost is to produce the same type as many as possible.

I mean why PAF doesn't consider dual engine configuration heavy class for AZM?
We can't exclude WS15 for AZM at Cureent stage. What if PAF want something like F35A?

Single engine fighter is the favourite of PAF, operate at low cost and easy to maintain.
but you'e talking about two WS-15 @wanglaokan didn't youo_O
you mean J-20 class sir, its a over capability for PAF @wanglaokan sir:disagree:

but you'e talking about two WS-15 @wanglaokan didn't youo_O
you mean J-20 class sir, its a over capability for PAF @wanglaokan sir:disagree:
If they want heavy class, PAF will directly ask for J20. Why reinvent the wheel? You understand what I mean? PAF favors CAC Chengdu and they want a single engine configuration stealthy fighter of medium-heavy class. This is my guess.

Some like F35A, maybe not that fat and draggy.

If they want heavy class, PAF will directly ask for J20. Why reinvent the wheel? You understand what I mean? PAF favors CAC Chengdu and they want a single engine configuration stealthy fighter of medium-heavy class. This is my guess.

Some like F35A, maybe not that fat and draggy.
IMO, we should sell the export version of J-20 to Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom