What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

Finally some progress. Even if these are not final designs.

My question if these images are part of some choreographic presentation to mislead the "certain" parties, then what the need of showing these images in the first place? Simply ignore any graphics at all.

If it's a Chinese origin ASCM, it'd have to be CM-302 or HD-1A.
Failed to understand how these guys come up or even start from YF-32 concept. The purpose, concept, and development background of YF-32 wasn't a fighter jet. Not even Russians, Chinese or even Koreans begin with such idea.

Simplify, these are all optics. Pakistan at the end will go for the J-31 and called it so called Proj Azm - Wait & Watch!
I wouldn't be that pessimistic.

The PAF should (and may) de-link its fighter needs for the next 15 years from AZM. Basically, for the next 15 years, it would likely acquire the FC-31 (or J-35) off-the-shelf, but in parallel, continue working on AZM.

Finally some progress. Even if these are not final designs.

My question if these images are part of some choreographic presentation to mislead the "certain" parties, then what the need of showing these images in the first place? Simply ignore any graphics at all.
IMO the concepts are all too high-level/abstract right now to make anything of them. Basically, the PAF could've shown exactly what it chose (or will choose), but it's just the direction. The truly sensitive model would be the design the PAF put through wind-tunnel tests, and there's not a single image in the video to suggest anything as advanced at this time.

I wouldn't be that pessimistic.
The PAF should (and may) de-link its fighter needs for the next 15 years from AZM. Basically, for the next 15 years, it would likely acquire the FC-31 (or J-35) off-the-shelf, but in parallel, continue working on AZM.

Exactly! J-31 will full fill all the requirements. Wait and Watch....

What is this?

20200908_013503.jpg

Failed to understand how these guys come up or even start from YF-32 concept. The purpose, concept, and development background of YF-32 wasn't a fighter jet. Not even Russians, Chinese or even Koreans begin with such idea.

Simplify, these are all optics. Pakistan at the end will go for the J-31 and called it so called Proj Azm - Wait & Watch!
YF23?

I don't think YF32 was ever a designation for anything.

The purpose, concept, and development background of YF23 was indeed a fighter jet that was to compete in the ATF(Advanced Tactical Fighter). Under the ATF program USAF wanted to incorporate emerging technologies(stealth being part of it) and the companies whose designs were eventually selected for the ATF competition ended up being Northrop Grumman(YF23) and Lockheed Martin(YF22). It just so happens that YF22 got selected...
...but YF23 was definitely a solid design that met the parameters set out under the ATF program.

YF23?

I don't think YF32 was ever a designation for anything.

The purpose, concept, and development background of YF23 was indeed a fighter jet that was to compete in the ATF(Advanced Tactical Fighter). Under the ATF program USAF wanted to incorporate emerging technologies(stealth being part of it) and the companies whose designs were eventually selected for the ATF competition ended up being Northrop Grumman(YF23) and Lockheed Martin(YF22). It just so happens that YF22 got selected...
...but YF23 was definitely a solid design that met the parameters set out under the ATF program.
It was thought to be less manuverible but more stealthier and a riskier design.
We are talking 40 years ago..remeber that..aviation designing has came a long way with simulations

It was thought to be less manuverible but more stealthier and a riskier design.
We are talking 40 years ago..remeber that..aviation designing has came a long way with simulations
YF22 was a more manueverable design mainly bcuz of the its 2D TVC. YF23 had fixed engine nozzles with heat ablating tiles around the exhaust to dissipate heat...
...either the design team was more focused on protecting the jet against IR homing missiles and put more emphasis on this...
...or the tech didn't exist that would have allowed them to implement a TVC in addition to that layout...
...or both

In any case YF23 met all the criteria laid out under the ATF program. YF22 did better in some aspects like maneuverability while YF23 did better than YF22 in other aspects like stealth and a higher max speed. In any case saying one is better than the other is like saying rock is better than scissors. They both had different design philosophies.

The YF23 still holds value...and still has a lot to offer.

Just some couple of interns working on their projects.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) Supposedly this YF-23 like design has been a thing for a while though. Take a read through that link. I cant remember the original thread where i saw this but the person has been credited. It seems to be reasonably credible however, these tweets were from 2019.

So this video cleared some design cues. PAF at least pursuing following design elements, though final jet can be very different, as it is in initial stages.
1- Dual Engine
2. Delta wing
3. without canards

Back
Top Bottom