What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

What was posted or written 5 years ago or even 6 months ago doesn’t matter anymore. We have seen multiple articles about Pakistan is buying Qatar and UAE mirage or Pakistan is interested in YAK-130 or Leonardo M-346 or A-50. What may have been true or shown interest, may have faded away due to multiple reasons.

Let’s Keep the childish emotions away and let’s discuss the AZM project.
I agree... List is even bigger and I dont know how people here with no shame at all comes with news of PAF buying EF2000, SU35, C130 J and arrival of Zulu... simply shameless..

Didn’t PAF hint that there’s an in-house AESA radar in development? If so, we know that won’t be for the JF-17,but rather for Project AZM. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but hasn’t PAF been investing in composite material technology? I think other than engines or perhaps the flight control, most other technologies are within its grasp?

Yes to the AESA.

The issue with stealth, atleast, modern stealth is the whole baking the coating onto the airframe, AFAIK, PAC has nothing on this and has not hinted towards anything suggesting they will

What was posted or written 5 years ago or even 6 months ago doesn’t matter anymore. We have seen multiple articles about Pakistan is buying Qatar and UAE mirage or Pakistan is interested in YAK-130 or Leonardo M-346 or A-50. What may have been true or shown interest, may have faded away due to multiple reasons.

Let’s Keep the childish emotions away and let’s discuss the AZM project.
There we go again, if you think what ever been posted doesn't matters then nothing matters today?
That news not just been posted because some day, accidently depty russian Def minster found pakistan on map?
And remember when our air cheif goes to meet russians, that news was more important cause Russia is the no 2nd largest 4th to 5th gen fighter jet manufacture in the world!
that is far more important then those slave Arabs who live in fear of West and seen bowing to the boots of nentenyahos?
Non of these Arabs can decide anything by themselves they need permissions from the countries and thier military establishments to make any dam Deals?
But Russians they don't need any permissions from anyone?
It takes lot of Clearence, trust building, knowing each others positions and then moving togather its not a bollywood movie that everything ill Jstbe happening in 1&half hours?
Defence deals do take longer times cause of diffeent situations, economic conditions and global conflicts it's not, that go and tell Russia to Pack a few of thier top line jets in a plastic and we swipe our credit card and there we come, check india which is a constent russian buyer, how long it took for them to get thier deals done with France and Russia?
Then think of our bad blood with Russia during cold War, afghan war and now because of Chinese pushing we are becoming closer partners as Russia sees us closer allies?
And that means not just getting their fighter jets but thier high tech air manufacturing industries has lot more to offer for a project like AZM , and now leme tell u a very open secret, what ever design details of F35s China hacked, it went through some pakistani hands and the same design blue print and other details China and Pakistan both have and then we decided to work on it and slowly try to build up, but what you think any dam. Western country will ever give you a dam single screw for AZM???????
Hope you know well, how F35 been devloped and what are the stakes of how money countries on it?
And you expect, to go and get a shopping for AZM from same countries?????
Think before you speak brother
And I hope you won't be asking, me about those hacking details of F35s docs and its tech!

Last edited:
Yes to the AESA.

The issue with stealth, atleast, modern stealth is the whole baking the coating onto the airframe, AFAIK, PAC has nothing on this and has not hinted towards anything suggesting they will
There is a thing called black markets, you can find a lot of things from there from expertise to softwares to products everything is avilble in this world my friend it's 2020!!!! 😜 😅 😊

There we go again, if you think what ever been posted doesn't matters then nothing matters today?
That news not just been posted because some day, accidently depty russian Def minster found pakistan on map?
And remember when our air cheif goes to meet russians, that news was more important cause Russia is the no 2nd largest 4th to 5th gen fighter jet manufacture in the world!
that is far more important then those slave Arabs who live in fear of West and seen bowing to the boots of nentenyahos?
Non of these Arabs can decide anything by themselves they need permissions from the countries and thier military establishments to make any dam Deals?
It takes lot of Clearence, trust building, knowing each others positions and then moving togather its not a bollywood movie that everything ill Jstbe happening in 1&half hours?
Defence deals do take longer times cause of diffeent situations, economic conditions and global conflicts it's not, that go and tell Russia to Pack a few of thier top line jets in a plastic and we swipe our credit card and there we come, check india which is a constent russian buyer, how long it took for them to get thier deals done with France and Russia?
Then think of our bad blood with Russia during cold War, afghan war and now because of Chinese pushing we are becoming closer partners as Russia sees us closer allies?
And that means not just getting their fighter jets but thier high tech air manufacturing industries has lot more to offer for a project like AZM , and now leme tell u a very open secret, what ever design details of F35s China hacked, it went through some pakistani hands and the same design blue print and other details China and Pakistan both have and then we decided to work on it and slowly try to build up, but what you think any dam. Western country will ever give you a dam single screw for AZM???????
Hope you know well, how F35 been devloped and what are the stakes of how money countries on it?
And I hope you won't be asking, me about those hacking details of F35s docs and its tech!

Let’s keep this thread for AZM discussion. You can discuss SU-35 in another thread.

Let’s keep this thread for AZM discussion. You can discuss SU-35 in another thread.
Who is discussing su35s here? Read what I posted, don't be a kid that without reading you are commenting just because your mind has stuck to that of ma thread! 😜
While what you think, how we can make project AZM succesfull flyin in pakistani skies, just some day our airchif will wakeup and will close his eyes and will say AZM and that project will be there????
We need, even it's screws which we aren't manufacturing right now it's diffent then what we have from JF 17, OR MIRRAGES factories??????

A really nice picture of the second FC-31 demonstrator ... it already looks really good, I would have no problem if the AZM was based on this :-) . Now I really wonder how the J-35 is going to look like after 4 years of continuous improvements.
1.jpeg

Assumptions, assumptions, & more assumptions. We'll see what pans out & what does not. Throwing around terminologies does not improve the quality of one's post if the purpose is to simply lash out (for whatever reason).

I'd rather have Pakistan invest in HDI than chase sexy technologies that will likely have little or no impact outside of military applications. Having atomic weapons did not improve literacy rate. Azm would not help improve quality of life for a common tax payer. I fear that the project Azm would be a drain on already tight finances. If decision-makers delve into unproven technologies without a cost-benefit analysis, they would be doing a great disservice. Had Pakistan had 90% + literacy rate, a steadily growing economy, & robust finances, I would be all for aggressive R&D on tax-payers' account. Sadly, it ain't so & therefore decision makers must make each rupee count.

Learn to do some holistic analysis. Anyone can type drivel.
U r wasting ur time brother. Way back when Block III was in its planning phase...this same guy was talking about having a diamond shaped nose on JF17 Block III...
...when I engaged him about setting realistic expectations...he did the same old getting on his high horse and being disrespectful. It's best to put him on the ignore list...
Such disrespectful comments/tone just bcuz somebody disagrees with u shows the character of that person. Time has a way of putting ppl like him in their place.

From conceptional designs to reality; the "Azm" excels.

This is how we are progressing (supposedly) from conceptional design phases to the final stage, in near future.

View attachment 667664

View attachment 667663

View attachment 667667

View attachment 667665

Are you sure this AZM?? It looks remarkably similar - IMO too much like - a single engined contender from Northrop-Grumman for the MRF contest, which later evolved into the JSF and finally the F-35 today.

Are you sure this AZM?? It looks remarkably similar - IMO too much like - a single engined contender from Northrop-Grumman for the MRF contest, which later evolved into the JSF and finally the F-35 today.

Let's see in near future.

Back
Top Bottom