What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

Are you sure this AZM?? It looks remarkably similar - IMO too much like - a single engined contender from Northrop-Grumman for the MRF contest, which later evolved into the JSF and finally the F-35 today.
The pictures look to be like it's a twin engine design...looking closer to a YF23 IMO.

Are you sure this AZM?? It looks remarkably similar - IMO too much like - a single engined contender from Northrop-Grumman for the MRF contest, which later evolved into the JSF and finally the F-35 today.

Source = PAF Official video

1599496870009.png

From conceptional designs to reality; the "Azm" excels.

This is how we are progressing (supposedly) from conceptional design phases to the final stage, in near future.

View attachment 667675

View attachment 667676

View attachment 667684

View attachment 667691
I'm sure this is just one of the reference designs that was investigated early on (very clearly the YF-23). There must be many many more such low-fi investigations. I doubt this Azm's FGFA or a finalized design. Just a little tease to keep us fanboys excited lol.

On the other hand the MALE seems to have a pretty detailed design in the video:
1599498605210.png

which is not surprising considering the things we know about it.

Also:
1599498857388.png

You can read "flight controls group" on the very deliberately placed slide on the left lol so this is right down my alley. I am pretty sure we are looking at DATCOM+ Pro here. For reference this is what DATCOM+ Pro looks like:
1599499049741.png

DATCOM:

Is a useful tool for quick and dirty stability derivative computations based on approximations and historical data. Very rough stuff only used in early stages.

Yup, look like it is inspired with Black Widow design.

View attachment 667739

It looks very similar but final design will look different. We are in the 2nd stage of design phase. Once the design is finalized then we will work toward building the infrastructure to prepare for prototype phase.

Back
Top Bottom