What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

You're now delving into conspiracy theories. They tested us last year and we tested them with a retort. They lost 2 fighter aircraft and a helicopter along with their mythical aerial supremacy.

More than a year later they've not done anything to retrieve their lost pride and their mythical aerial supremacy. They simply can't, since now China has decided to keep the trouble maker in check.

Had India said, "agar F-35 hota to yeh na hota", Pakistan would've probably needed to think past Project Azm but since the enemy hasn't, it's Azm all the way so far.
There isn't any conspiracy theories at all, be it Biden or trump Americans long term strategical partnership is with India not pak?
Now, if you wana live in ur dream land, I don't mind that brother

Mark my words, india is about to get F35 s then what you ill do, fight with just dreams and the knowledge from a few posts on PDF?

Don’t over think these things....PAF planners are well aware of our Airforce capabilities and they know challenges we may face in near future and how to deal with them. PAF will always remain as defence force. As discussed in many threads, if situation changes, PAF will adjust to it. There are many options or possibilities but Pakistan main focus is block 3 and possible J-35 as an off the self solution in near future.

Don’t over think these things....PAF planners are well aware of our Airforce capabilities and they know challenges we may face in near future and how to deal with them. PAF will always remain as defence force. As discussed in many threads, if situation changes, PAF will adjust to it. There are many options or possibilities but Pakistan main focus is block 3 and possible J-35 as an off the self solution in near future.
I don't know how much to laugh on ur dreams about F35s while BLK 3s are coming but there is no plans of getting a F35s cause it cost our national sovereignty in the end so pls take it out of ur mind

Every engine been made for a different machine, and won't settle in all the CUSTOMIZED jets as our will, RD93 sets perfectly in JF17, while AL31s don't?
It's not the fault of manufactures its the fault of the customer where it's trying to use them, while making engines isn't that eazy, China with its decade experiences in reassembling Sukhois differnt versions still is far away in making a good working engines and needs more time to reach a final stage and a finished ptodouct and that's why you can see they still are buying SU35s in case of any emeergyncy they still have the real machine in thier hands, well I hve chinese friend who was aeronautical enginere in PLAAF leme ask him a few question and get back to you for more on the subject
This is information that is extremely outdated ... the purchase of the Su-35 was mainly for its TVC control (integration of TVC to flight control software), to use as an OpFor force, to provide immediate capability boost due to the (then) delays in the J-16 program, and lastly some political games. The Chinese have never bought any Su-35s since 2015 and they do not plan so on the future. As for the engines, I am quite confused you say they are still far away from making finished engines when J-20s, J-10Cs, J-15s, and Y-20s are being produced with Chinese-made WS-10s. The WS-10 has already been in service for almost 11 years ... during which time reliability goals were finally achieved in 2016.
I don't know how much to laugh on ur dreams about F35s while BLK 3s are coming but there is no plans of getting a F35s cause it cost our national sovereignty in the end so pls take it out of ur mind
You are aware that the J-35 is different from the F-35 correct?

This is information that is extremely outdated ... the purchase of the Su-35 was mainly for its TVC control (integration of TVC to flight control software), to use as an OpFor force, to provide immediate capability boost due to the (then) delays in the J-16 program, and lastly some political games. The Chinese have never bought any Su-35s since 2015 and they do not plan so on the future. As for the engines, I am quite confused you say they are still far away from making finished engines when J-20s, J-10Cs, J-15s, and Y-20s are being produced with Chinese-made WS-10s. The WS-10 has already been in service for almost 11 years ... during which time reliability goals were finally achieved in 2016.

Go chcek how many of J31 been inducted in PLAAF frist?
Then if chinese all engines are good then why not used in JF17s and if PAF needs a russian made platform then why not to get real russian jets which not only bring sure solution but also will open a lot of doors for mutual cooperation in some joint projects with Russias long and strong history in fighter jet manufacturing!
While chinese, have thier problems with thier locally made engines Jst yestady a J10 fell down, don't know what are its reasons but still Chinese made engine versions needs sometime to get matured, while yes its J16s, J11bs are good upgrades versions sukhois and can be adopted in PAF but with russian direct or joint venture will bring a lot of needed experience, sources, and opportunities for future, while China and Russia are the closest stratigical allies above all while, why China has buyed Russias SU35 s?
Because they don't have its equal in thier airforce and the best of thier jets are still slowly been assembled, 5th gen J20 and evn on the trails J31s are very difficult to produce and they can produce it like other J16, j10s , so for stop gap solution is SU35 evn for PLAAF

Last edited:
Go chcek how many of J31 been inducted in PLAAF frist?
The FC-31 is a AVIC privately sponsored program, it was never sponsored by the PLAAF itself (unlike J-20, J-10, etc) so being inducted into the PLAAF is unlikely as that aircraft was tailored towards exports.
Then if chinese all engines are good then why not used in JF17s and if PAF needs a russian made platform then why not to get real russian jets which not only bring sure solution but also will open a lot of doors for mutual cooperation in some joint projects with Russias long and strong history in fighter jet manufacturing!
Did you not read the post I sent out two replies ago? I specifically told you that the WS-13 (the engine meant for the JF-17) has very low developmental priority because it is privately funded and is not needed by the PLAAF. Therefore, developmental progress has been slow as the resources have been completely diverted towards the TWR 10 WS-19 engine.
While chinese, have thier problems with thier locally made engines Jst yestady a J10 fell down, don't know what are its reasons but still Chinese made engine versions needs sometime to get matured,
Are you serious? The J-10 that feel down yesterday was due to an AL-31F ... people with specific knowledge of the incident say it was due to lubrication problems long associated with the 31F. If you didn't know already, the powerplant has been the number one reason for J-10 crashes. This is reason why the PLAAF is very keen on replacing Russian engines as soon as possible out of the pre-existing fleet with the more reliable WS-10 engines. Even the Indians can attest to the reliability of the AL-31F, which has literally caused many crashes in a double engine fighter o_O .

On one hand you are telling, Chinese jets are as good as Russians, but on the other hand you are telling, J10 fell because of its russian made engines?
I never said anything of this sort ... I just mentioned the deficiency of the AL-31F engine, which is widely known.
And with your logics, as F35 also fell that means its engines aren't good?
Are you seriously comparing the AL-31F with the F135? I really don't know what you are trying to achieve here.
Can you put any report from PLAAF insuring that fallen J10 fell because of its engine failures?
If you actually read the reports and summaries of past J-10 crashes, you will see that engine failure was the number one cause. Go search it up yourself in the J-10 thread or online.
While your knowledge about Chinese manufacturing of its differnt jets isn't correct no matter if a J31 wasn't a PLAAF project its still is a govt sponsored company for Chinese defence, in China most of the high end companies always are thier govt financed companies and thats the blame why india, america went to ban even smaller companies like we chat and tiktok?
Lol if my knowledge isn't correct, then you have zero knowledge. Whatever you're saying is complete nonsense. Numerous insiders in SAC (the guys responsible for the FC-31) stated the FC-31 was a privately funded project. It was developed following SAC's loss to CAC for the fifth generation fighter tender, which later became the J-20. When I say it is privately funded, I mean it was funded by numerous investors within AVIC, but not the PLA. Jets funded by the PLA include all the major types in service right now, such as the J-20, J-10C, J-15, J-16, J-11, etc. Because it was not directly funded by the PLA, the FC-31 was not built in accordance to PLAAF requirements/standards (nor given adequate funding/priority) and thus is mainly routed for export prospects. Of course, SAC hoped the PLAAF to pick up its FC-31 to salvage something after their defeated tender against CAC, but this has inevitably not happened, which is why the FC-31 has faded into obscurity in recent years.

Last edited:

I think your confusing J-35 (Chinese project which is variant of J-31) with F-35.

He obviously doesn’t know about J-35.

Kid that's a updated form of basic project Grey dragon, which is still in testing phases and pakistan has gone beyond it, making its own AZM which I'll be better then that but that is still a long shot and will take at least 5 more years and still not clear when!
And that's why, PAF is in talks for SU35s with Russia since past 2 years and technical terms and its customization according to PAFs needs, while talks are still in process😁👌😁👌😍

You obviously know more about defence Acquisitions than PAF and Army defence planners and you have a problem understanding basic English that’s why you confused J-35 for F-35. Also, from your response, I can tell that you are very young and immature.

Any new platform, whether it’s J-10, SU-35 or any other plane, will require massive investment to develop required infrastructure to support that platform, plus pilot training and operation cost to maintain that platform. There are many Youtubers making fake videos for views but I have not heard anything recently about SU-35 purchase from a credible source.

Last edited:
You obviously know more about defence Acquisitions than PAF and Army defence planners and you also have a problem understanding basic English that’s you confused J-35 for F-35. Also, from your response, I can tell that you are very young immature.

Any new plateform, whether it’s J-10, SU-35 or any other plane, will require massive investment to develop required infrastructure to support a plateform, plus training and operation cost. I have heard anything about SU-35 from creditable source. There are many Youtuber make fake videos for views.
Fake videos? SU 35s me?
F35s is american 5th gen fighter get which fell down sometime ago, so that means it's bad or it has bad engines?
As you claimed, that AL31 russian engines are the cause of a crash of PLAAF J10 and when I ask you any statement from PLAAF you ran away?

☝️
Here is the news from dawn. Com which is a very credible news source of Pakistan, are they blind putting up that news of talks between pskistan and Russia for su35s and the person quoted was depty defence minster of Russia, do you have any idea what that means? 😉
I'm mean hello! 😜

There are no Russian fighters coming into PAF, probably ever.
Be thankful they agreed to supply up to 500 RD-93s, mostly due to China at the time. The thaw in Pak-Russo relations is still new and limited in scope and hampered further by own weak economy and fiscal capacity.

Fake videos? SU 35s me?
F35s is american 5th gen fighter get which fell down sometime ago, so that means it's bad or it has bad engines?
As you claimed, that AL31 russian engines are the cause of a crash of PLAAF J10 and when I ask you any statement from PLAAF you ran away?

Here is the news from dawn. Com which is a very credible news source of Pakistan, are they blind putting up that news of talks between pskistan and Russia for su35s and the person quoted was depty defence minster of Russia, do you have any idea what that means? 😉
I'm mean hello! 😜
You just posted a 5 year old article ... come on man. I actually took the time to read the outdated article you posted and no Russian or Pakistani officials made any mention of the Su-35. Most likely another piece of speculation by Sputnik. If there were true talks, we would have heard about them a very long time ago. Sorry to bust your bubble. Besides, why do you want an aircraft whose BVR capabilities is going to be weaker than than the upcoming JF-17 Block III anyway?

What was posted or written 5 years ago or even 6 months ago doesn’t matter anymore. We have seen multiple articles about Pakistan is buying Qatar and UAE mirage or Pakistan is interested in YAK-130 or Leonardo M-346 or A-50. What may have been true or shown interest, may have faded away due to multiple reasons.

Let’s Keep the childish emotions away and let’s discuss the AZM project.

Back
Top Bottom