What's new

Project 71 :: Aircraft-carrier launch delayed by few weeks

Come on guys, India is amongst a VERY, VERY small group of nations able to build an ACC (China isn't one of them in the group) and the first was always going to be a challenge but this project is going to build extensive experience and expertise and a good industrial base for future projects. This is a first and has introduces revolutionary building techniques in India such as modular shipbuilding, the only way is up from here. (and btw 2-3 years to build an ACC isn't bad)

Same goes for Arjun and LCA. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Well said mate. AC is a very complex machine. First one would take some time. Look what Russia doing with Gorshkov since early 2004, a big mess.

Few weeks of delay is nothing if they are on schedule for final delivery ie 2014.

Not really, because I quoted the real reason that was mentioned in the article and that we can discuss here, while you estimated that the reaon of the delay has something to do with politics, but this is not based on the article. So one of us is not talking about things related to this thread.
I would be happy if you can add something in regard of the problem in the production, that the article is talking about, because I am interested to know what the issue is and how difficult it really can be, but not in unnecessary blame games of politicans or parties.
Ok, so you quoted the REAL reason...and I quoted the FALSE reason.

If you think, I interpreted my quotation wrongly, then why did you quote a different portion of the thread...why didn't you bother to explain correctly what I have quoted.

Why don't you explain the first line of the thread itself, "India’s poor record in meeting deadlines of defence projects........"
What does "poor record" mean??.....that previous defence projects have also been delayed.....
Name one govt. project that has not been delayed.....so when each and every project is geting delayed without an exception, then as a responsible citizen, we should raise our doubts.

However, you are partially right, as in this case, the thread starter has given a probable reason for the delay, which apparently seems to be apolitical.
Now, he is not an inside-man of the project, he found the probable reason from a website(i.e his information is 2nd hand)....so his reason may not be 100% correct i.e there is room for further discussion/argument.
BUT, if we take this reason to be 100% correct, then there is no point in discussing the thread at all(as we all know the real reason and there is no room for further argument).

A thread is meant to be discussed....and discussion means what??.....It's a kind of logical argument....and if you believe that every sentence written in the thread is 100% correct then there is no room for further argument and a perticular matter cannot be discussed....you can only say "yes, I agree".

I have given enough reasons logically, as to why the reason for delay given by the thread starter might not be 100% correct(see reasons hilighted in red)...BUT I never said that he is completely incorrect....i.e I never said that the reasons for delay is only political, instead I said, there can be both political as well as apolitical reasons.......this creates room for discussion.
BUT you are assuming all the facts given in the article to be true.....without giving proper logic.

So the bottom line is, if you strictly want to discuss things related to the thread, then there are two options:-
1. you can argue whether the reasons of delay stated by the thread starter is true or not i.e what is the actual reason behind the delay.
2. Assuming the reasons to be true, how can we avoid such hindrance resulting in delays, in future i.e making our own engine, steel etc.
(I was discussing point 1)
In no way, we can discuss specifications of an AC in this thread.(which people are actually discussing....LOL)

Back
Top Bottom