What's new

Problems Faced by Pakistan Army in 71 war // Reasons for surrender

Where did you come up with this number? Can you provide a link
Fun fact the total number of Chinese troops that participated in 1962 war = 80,000
total number of Indian troop that participated in the same war = 12,000
Even if we add all troops involved in war = 80,000+12000 = 92000

That figure still doesn't seem to add up to 98867

I wonder if the figure is fantasy cooked up to compensate for fragile ego shattered of some individual from a nation with over 90,000 troops surrendering in war that happened 46 years ago ;)

The funny thing is the Sikhs a minority have been at the forefront of the fight for Gangadesh, despite being a despised and mistrusted minority by the men of the Ganga, they are very able soldiers , complete opposite of the men of the Ganga.
And the funny thing is the Sikh are from the only portion of Indus Basin that falls in India. They are indeed a Non Ganga people. Map below.

qjFgPq7.jpg

A rough guide to the three geographic divisions of South Asia.

(1) Indus Basin ~ Pakistan
(2) Ganga Basin ~ India
(3) Dravid ~ India

uYV6ztD.jpg

*Ps. Notice most of Indus Basin is dived from India by the desert.

This image should clear some cobwebs in the Indian minds, it shows IAF Sikh pilots in just one POW camp in Pakistan, now considering that Sikh were/are minority so add majority Hindu pilots and other minorities to this plus those in other camps, gives a good idea how many IAF aircraft were shot down in Western sector, taking into account that according to Indian MOD, most air battles took place over India.

View attachment 376612
Pakistan, Lyalpur camp, 12 April 1972, visit to Indian prisoners of war (POWs).
"Sikh pilots, now POWs, passed their time flying kites. Camp authorities forbade this activity. An "homme de confiance", also a POW, explains the visit of Red Cross delegates, emphasizing that he hopes the ICRC can negotiate on their behalf the return of the kites."

Basing the question on the pic posted and your commentary,
How did the PAF manage to shoot down so many Sikh only operated aircrafts? Maybe some special radars?
Also, please provide the source for the Photos and the commentary.

And the funny thing is the Sikh are from the only portion of Indus Basin that falls in India. They are indeed a Non Ganga people. Map below.

qjFgPq7.jpg

A rough guide to the three geographic divisions of South Asia.

(1) Indus Basin ~ Pakistan
(2) Ganga Basin ~ India
(3) Dravid ~ India

uYV6ztD.jpg

*Ps. Notice most of Indus Basin is dived from India by the desert.
Absolutely, great analysis, ISI really should go overdrive in mission Khalistan.Kudos yaar

are you a fuing idiot?? I didn't expect them to win but to fight till the last man till the last bullet, and Not to Surrender.

Rather die fighting like men or to become POW then to offer surrender when you still have plenty left in the arsenal.

and armies have fought battles thousands of miles away from home all the time in the history , if you wish I can give you 100s of examples of it..
Bro there were 50000 thousands civilians trapped in east Pakistan if the fight continued what happened to them

The problems were simple

Pakistan had floods between late 50's all the way to 1970's , so there was tremendous burden on our economy specially on the Eastern front.

That pressure on economy caused us to not being able to have enough strategic assets purchased and navy was also very trivial

• The area was devestated already by a Cyclone before war started

India took advantage of a weakened state due to natural disaster

• We lacked a BIG TICKET equalizer to counter the 3 front war

May be if economy was not slow on East side due to recurring floods, the tools would have been more in quantity (Tanks , Guns, Helicopters, Cannons , Ships)

• Purely done on basis of Lack of Equipment
  • Lack of supply route

Last edited:
are you a fucking idiot?? I didn't expect them to win but to fight till the last man till the last bullet, and Not to Surrender.

Rather die fighting like men or to become POW then to offer surrender when you still have plenty left in the arsenal.

and armies have fought battles thousands of miles away from home all the time in the history , if you wish I can give you 100s of examples of it..

Oh dear...

As Hitler told Rommel during the Africa campaign that fight to the last.man. t
Romnel withdrew and told the little Austrian that by withdrawing they live to fight another day. Here there was nowhere to withdraw so no real options on the table. Easy to say fight to the last man especially for us sitting at home. In the field with no food, no ammo, poor political leaders and traitors all around not easy. Even NATO lost in Afghanistan and Iraq. In wars this happens.

Bhai ya quetta kaha h I think Pakistan me he h ya Chand pr nd recently there was terrorist attack on the post of Pakistan near Afghan border is it right or wrong... its told by Pakistani anchor lol..
48 u have attacked kashmir first read something beyond Pakistan study books or some world view they show reality nd in 48 u lost 2/3 kashmir NT us...
In 62 our surrender was 3 to 5 thousand which much lower than Pakistan in 71 ...
In 65 baby read something first or listen some of ur experts which also says it was u who started operation gebralter to capture kashmir bt u cnt bt still u think u won then I will not disturb ur dreams keep dreaming..
I think u cnt remember the peak u have after that kargil war belongs to u which was captured by India in 71 war bt until now u cnt able to capture kashmir pls cry again fr it...
Nd pls show some data on how many terrorist r killed until that tym...
Nd in cross border ur soldiers killed more Thn 7000...see first..

HAHAHAAAAAA India beat China in a war, what have you been smoking hahhahaahahahaaaaaaa btw it was Kushan who destroyed your Ashoka kingdom,,Kushan tribe is the main tribe of Indus people you gangadweller.Log off

Lol if u read Pakistan board Thn its NT which was graded as the worst education, system of world...Hahahahaha..nd u idiot ashoka was the king of the biggest empire of south Asia nd also one of the biggest in world nd pls don't be idiot ashoka power is only seen in that he left to fight bt still fr 40 years, anyone never dare to attack his kingdom that's called real power... nd pls don't go off-topic...[/QUOTE]
Mauryans were destroyed by Kushans, they could not cope with swift and agile attacks of men from the steppes, who bought their families and colonized Indus area, prominent tribes of Indus area are descendant of Kushans who DESTROYED your Ashoka kingdom hahahaaaaa.

Lol if u read Pakistan board Thn its NT which was graded as the worst education, system of world...Hahahahaha..nd u idiot ashoka was the king of the biggest empire of south Asia nd also one of the biggest in world nd pls don't be idiot ashoka power is only seen in that he left to fight bt still fr 40 years, anyone never dare to attack his kingdom that's called real power... nd pls don't go off-topic...
Mauryans were destroyed by Kushans, they could not cope with swift and agile attacks of men from the steppes, who bought their families and colonized Indus area, prominent tribes of Indus area are descendant of Kushans who DESTROYED your Ashoka kingdom hahahaaaaa.[/QUOTE]

Yar don't quote that child. Its best to ignore such children. They have no life and find solace from their miserable existence by trolling on this board. Its better not to engage them as they will only bring you down to their level which is extremely low. Best to avoid them. We both know he has no knowledge about current affairs or history or geopolitics or geographical existences and limitations.

Mauryans were destroyed by Kushans, they could not cope with swift and agile attacks of men from the steppes, who bought their families and colonized Indus area, prominent tribes of Indus area are descendant of Kushans who DESTROYED your Ashoka kingdom hahahaaaaa.

Yar don't quote that child. Its best to ignore such children. They have no life and find solace from their miserable existence by trolling on this board. Its better not to engage them as they will only bring you down to their level which is extremely low. Best to avoid them. We both know he has no knowledge about current affairs or history or geopolitics or geographical existences and limitations.[/QUOTE]
I think I have learnt my lesson,in future I will try to avoid taking bait to these H!ndian trolls.Kudos yaar

Then why don't he dare to come in front of ashoka when he was fighting...nd well he was come after the ashoka era so don't compare him with ashoka...[/QUOTE]
Your posts are barely comprehensible, I suspect you are an alumni of IIT Madras LOL,,, now young man do not quote me as you have no knowlledege whatsoever of history, especially of the Indus region,By bye gangadeshi

You are right it was wrong to not handover power to the elected leader(Mujib). It was also wrong how Bangladeshis(East Pakistanis) were treated and the disproportionate amount of spending between the East and West wings.

However I feel that a lot of that hatred was taken out towards Pakistanis in general instead of directing it towards those responsible. It was the stupid power hungry and greedy politicians. U can see this even today, the disproportionate amount of spending/development in different provinces etc.

(Note: Below is just for the sake of discussion. I'm not trying to belittle all the sacrifices Bangladeshi ppl made)
Yes injustices were done but does that mean that everytime injustices are done public demands secession? If Haseena out of her hunger for power and greed treats one Bangladeshi province wrong should they secede? And if yes then where does it stop? Until every man declares his house a country? Also wouldn't it be unfair to the rest of Bangladeshi ppl who would end up paying for Haseena's actions even though they had no part to play in it?

From the beginning(under British Raj) it was proposed that Bangladesh(probably a different name used), India, and Pakistan be three different entities but the British refused and therefore Bangladesh and Pakistan were lumped together as one. It was obvious that we differed culturally and the only binding thing was religion. Not to mention the geographical separation. Rifts were created and the differences were emphasised between both sides so much so that overtime it became a us vs them kind of thing mainly by the likes of Mir Jafars and Mir Sadiqs among us. It's kind of like what Altaf Hussain does to Mohajir community. In order to get their votes he is always instigating Mohajir this and Mohajir that.

We couldve resolved our differences among ourselves without involving India. There couldve been something like an EU kind of a Union. As in Pak and Bangladesh govern themselves but have same currency and possible joint defence etc. Instead we played right into our enemy's hands.

I hold our politicians and their greed for power and money responsible for causing this mess and I have no grievances towards Bangladeshi ppl but one, which is that they shouldnt have involved India. When two brothers fight, one of them shouldn't turn to the enemy of both of them for assistance.

Even today Bangladesh has a tilt towards India. India has hegemonic ambitions in the region and with its rising power it will try to bend Bangladesh to its will. I hope u guys recognize it sooner than later. Things that happened in the past between us shouldn't keep us from being brothers again.

I completely agree with this post.

I am more amused to find out how they came up with that exact figure.

Most likely the house troll came up with that. He keeps posting POW pictures everywhere too as if people don't know the difference between POWs captured in war (all wars, all sides) and en masse official surrender by people with a 2000 year history of being ruled by outsiders.

Given his "crowd", they probably don't. After all these are people who celebrate their conquerors and rapists.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom