Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Prince Charles’ visit boosts Saudi Arabian-UK ties

470160199-britains-prince-charles-wears-traditional-gettyimages.jpg
RIYADH: RASHID HASSAN

Published — Wednesday 19 February 2014

Last update 19 February 2014 3:46 am

Prince Charles, the heir apparent to the British throne, called on Prince Muqrin bin Abdulaziz, second deputy premier and special envoy of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah and Prince Saud Al-Faisal, minister of foreign affairs, on Tuesday.
Prince Charles arrived on a three-day tour of the Kingdom on Monday, his 10th trip to the Kingdom since his first official tour in 1986. The current tour is part of his four-day trip to Saudi Arabia and Qatar and comes just under a year since he last visited the two countries.
The Prince of Wales, who is also expected to meet King Abdullah during this trip, will visit the historic sites here as well. He was received by Prince Muqrin at the King’s ranch in Janadriyah on the outskirts of Riyadh, where the national festival for heritage and culture, Janadriyah 29, is currently being held.
The two leaders applauded the bilateral relations between the two friendly countries and discussed various issues of mutual interest.
The UK and the Kingdom share a common position on regional issues including the ongoing crisis in Syria and Palestine.
Commenting on the trip, Sir John Jenkins, British ambassador in Riyadh said, “The Prince of Wales’ return to the region only a year after his last visit demonstrates the importance the British government places on its association with key partners in the area. It is testament to the importance attached by the British government’s strong existing relations with key partners like Saudi Arabia; a long-term relationship based on mutual respect between the two countries.”
Linking the friendship rooted in a long period to establish the modern Saudi state, Jenkins said, “Ensuring continuity of personal relationships is essential for us, especially if we are to understand each other better. The visit is the embodiment of our desire to establish communication between officials of the two countries at the highest levels and our determination to preserve the personal nature of the relationships.”
“In a time of turmoil in the Middle East which is dotted with most types of suffering humanity, particularly those taking place in Syria today, the visit of the Prince of Wales highlights his support to the principle of inter-faith understanding and dialogue between communities as a necessity
more than ever. The king has a deep concern himself. I am sure that His Royal Highness will discuss a lot of topics related to the need for reconciliation and aspirations for the future of the region,” the ambassador stated.
He, however added that most of the engagements on his tour are private.
Prince Charles also had a meeting with Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Saud Al-Faisal where they discussed bilateral issues.

Prince Charles’ visit boosts Saudi-UK ties | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

470159475-britains-prince-charles-wears-traditional-gettyimages.jpg

Nice visit by the emir of Wales Sheikh Sharif Charles ibn Philip al-Windsor al-Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.

Is this the sick man that killed Princess Diana who supported Palestinians and was against western injustice in the Middle East?

Is this the sick man that killed Princess Diana who supported Palestinians and was against western injustice in the Middle East?

Yes, that is the Emir of Wales Sheikh Sharif Charles ibn Philip al-Windsor al-Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg. Next in line to become Malik of United Kingdomistan where he will rule directly from Londonistan.

@Hadbani :lol:

Yes, that is the Emir of Wales Sheikh Sharif Charles ibn Philip al-Windsor al-Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg. Next in line to become Malik of United Kingdomistan where he will rule directly from Londonistan.

Nice reply, she's still a more honorable lady than most people here.

Nice reply, she's still a more honorable lady than most people here.

Don't care about neither of them. This news is about mutual business relations. That's all. Don't see where all the other issues you talk about come into the picture?

Anyway it is just a little inside joke we KSA users have after the news came out yesterday.

Literally crying tears of laughter at this.....I can't stop .... im so done lmao

Don't care about neither of them. This news is about mutual business relations. That's all. Don't see where all the other issues you talk about come into the picture?

Anyway it is just a little inside joke we KSA users have after the news came out yesterday.

What are they discussing that will actually help change the region?

Literally crying tears of laughter at this.....I can't stop .... im so done lmao

:lol:

Did I forget to mention that we will obviously control him. Then we can conspire with them and our great and trusted allies Israel to cause havoc in the region while we will only move forward on all levels.

What are they discussing that will actually help change the region?

KSA business. Quite frankly I have started not to care about the "region". If you want my honest opinion. Judging by most users hostility to my people and country. So I say loudly and clearly "pfuck them". We don't owe anything to anybody. Not to our so-called "Arab/Muslim" neighbors and "brothers and sisters" who have caused nothing more to us than havoc and being a burden. Outside of a few GCC states.

@al-Hasani

This is why you drop your beliefs in a globalist system where nobody cares about anybody. What do you think will happen next? Our culture and identity will slowly disappear and Arabic people's will join the 'popular lifestyle' which Muhammad(SAW) warned us against.

This is why there's something called a Muslim brotherhood, doesn't matter if no organization is perfect, no one can prevent some wrong things from happening such as slight corruption. But, it's about the bigger picture, they will solves smaller issues and their movement will be more appealing to many in years to come and more just to many. However, the larger picture is to find loopholes around this globalist system and still preserve our identity and ethics.

Btw, the reason I asked, was because the article says they're discussing regional developments.

@al-Hasani

This is why you drop your beliefs in a globalist system where nobody cares about anybody. What do you think will happen next? Our culture and identity will slowly disappear and Arabic people's will join the 'popular lifestyle' which Muhammad(SAW) warned us against.

This is there's something called a Muslim brotherhood, doesn't matter if no organization is perfect, no one can prevent some wrong things from happening such as slight corruption. But, it's about the bigger picture, they will solves smaller issues and their movement will be more appealing to many in years to come and more just to many. However, the larger picture is to find loopholes around this globalist system and still preserve our identity and ethics.

Btw, the reason I asked, was because the article says they're discussing regional developments.

No, I care about good news relating to my country just like you do with Palestine. What is our "identity"? I am a global citizen. This brotherhood nonsense is nothing more than hot air. Just look at the real world and if you look outside of it (the virtual one like this forum) then it becomes even more clear how sickly divided everyone is even fellow citizens of country x or y or so-called Muslims and non-Muslims. Why waste time with all this? I don't bother anymore.
The only people that we can truly trust are fellow Sunni Muslim Arabs. That's the reality and to be honest I like it that way.

As I said let people solve their own problems first before they can solve others.

I have no idea. I was not there. Probably nothing extraordinary. After all Prince Charles has little to no say in the politics of UK. It is mostly just about business and enhancing friendship.

I almost choked at my tea while seeing him like this :lol:

He looks cool but obviously you have to be really pathetic if you can't look cool with such badass clothing and swords.

He looks cool but obviously you have to be really pathetic if you can't look cool with such badass clothing and swords.

Yeah but i wasn't expecting him in a Saudi attire i thought he might be in a formal suit or something and here when i saw him i couldn't keep my laughter in check.

I like Prince Charles, he is dignified and has lobbied for some very decent causes.

@al-Hasani

Please look less at brotherhood and more at the globalist system that you're getting yourself into at the same time not many people have an alternative to it. It's going to corrupt us badly, my points about brotherhood I made.

We have no hope because there is too much corruption and ill mannered intentions. Our leaders are failures, on the other good so are misguided extremists. We need smart and dedicated people and we learn from past experiences.

I agree we have to pay a heavy price to rid ourselves of corrupt leaders which US/EU/Russia all support. We also pay a heavy price to rid ourselves from misguided Muslims. Also trying to preserve our identity, it may seem fine now but you need to look ahead many things will change very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom