What's new

Premier quits after landslide KMT defeat

The southern Taiwanese are purely the descendants of the Min Nan groups, whereas the northern Taiwanese are heavily mixed with many different Chinese sub-ethnicities, although their accent and culture have also been localized.
Ah never knew that, interesting.

@Chinese-Dragon , how to pronounce "ah yee san yan" in mandarin? it's one of the natives in Taiwan.

There's a lot of Japanese Family Names that are of Chinese origin. One example is the Clan, its pronounced in Japanese as 'Oh', but in Chinese it is "Weng. "
Yeah i noticed that too, many Japanese surnames use two Chinese characters. In China we only have 2 surnames with 2 characters or something like that.

he he he, that's true. The Mandarin version spoken in Taiwan is very unique from Mandarin in PRC, too!

Some northern Taiwanese born during the 1950s might speak the Mandarin with an accent which is identical to the Mainland accent.

But most northern Taiwanese have a localized accent even they don't speak any Minnanese, including those northern Taiwanese who descended from the pre-1949 North Chinese.

Ma Ying-jeou is purely Hunanese, but his accent has also been slightly localized which most Mainlanders can easily tell that his accent is from Taiwan.

Some northern Taiwanese born during the 1950s might speak the Mandarin with an accent which is identical to the Mainland accent.

But most northern Taiwanese have a localized accent even they don't speak any Minnanese, including those northern Taiwanese who descended from the pre-1949 North Chinese.

Ma Ying-jeou is purely Hunanese, but his accent has also been slightly localized which most Mainlanders can easily tell that his accent is from Taiwan.

I like the Beijing accent of Mandarin. :partay:

But I learned to speak the Standard pronunciation, I'm not good with the rolling "r" sound.

Dream of taking back TW is just like dream of taking back lost lands from Russia. I told u guys many times already, ur corrupted -poorly trained PLA never can fight in a real war without daddy back up like in 1979.:pop:

Dream of taking back TW is just like dream of taking back lost lands from Russia. I told u guys many times already, ur corrupted -poorly trained PLA never can fight in a real war without daddy back up like in 1979.:pop:

So why did you fail to stop China taking the Xisha islands back in the 1970's? :cheesy:

@terranMarine ,

In my opinion , Chen was unfairly targetted since back in 2010 the Taipei District Court declared him not-guilty of charges; that's why they changed his sentence from life sentence to 20 years. Still, that's excessive. During his presidency, Taiwan's economy was impressive. Compare that to the current presidency of Ma, it has floundered.
Are you sure what you are talking? During Chens time, Taiwan economy performance is the worst. That's why he loses the businessman support and most Taiwanese support which result in landslide victory for Ma..

Cross strait trading is inevitable. Mainland tourist has huge spending power. The close proximity also faciliate Taiwanese business investment to flourish in mainland. Finally not to mention the huge mainland market. Just China market alone is enough to make you a super billionaire. Ask Jack ma will do.

But when you speak the r sound in English it's not a problem right?

Haha luckily I learned Mandarin and English when I was young, and I went to a HK international school. So my pronunciation should be quite neutral.

So I have no problem with the "r" sound. However most Cantonese do have problems with that sound, since there is no "r" sound in Cantonese. And no "th" sound either.

"Firty fee dollars!" :cheesy:

Haha luckily I learned Mandarin and English when I was young, and I went to a HK international school. So my pronunciation should be quite neutral.

So I have no problem with the "r" sound. However most Cantonese do have problems with that sound, since there is no "r" sound in Cantonese. And no "th" sound either.

"Firty fee dollars!" :cheesy:
:rofl:

Are you sure what you are talking? During Chens time, Taiwan economy performance is the worst. That's why he loses the businessman support and most Taiwanese support which result in landslide victory for Ma..

Cross strait trading is inevitable. Mainland tourist has huge spending power. The close proximity also faciliate Taiwanese business investment to flourish in mainland. Finally not to mention the huge mainland market. Just China market alone is enough to make you a super billionaire. Ask Jack ma will do.

Although I am not a big fan of Jack Ma, but he is the only non-western private businessman who can rival those Anglo tycoons.

Even though he got China's gigantic market on his back, but his idea is still brilliant, that's for sure.

He has also dwarfed any of those businessmen from HK and Taiwan.

Back
Top Bottom