What's new

Prahar Missile Test Postponed

Prahaar, Brahmos and Shaurya will form a lethal triad.

Pardon me for the sacrilege but I find Brahmos to be an entirely worthless missile particularly because of its range.

300km for a cruise missile is nothing.

Pardon me for the sacrilege but I find Brahmos to be an entirely worthless missile particularly because of its range.

300kms range.......yes......but at supersonic speeds and hypersonic speeds in the next version.

and Brahmos is primarily a anti-ship missile and Brahmos' parameters are quite good in that role.

Air launched version will be equally good.

The only mis-fit will be the LACM version of Brahmos which I also feel will not be of any major impact.

i think its actual range is not disclosed and can be increased

i think its actual range is not disclosed and can be increased

Ofcourse.....lowering its warhead size will increase its range.

But its warhead is already 300 kgs........so how much more can you decrease ?

Having said that...range cannot be increased given Russian membership in MTCR.

Are you too illetrate to read What he has wriiten in clear terms? Pakistan Never Announces it's failure, which means, all the Under development tests are not reported. Only when the missile becomes mature, and become fault less, then it is announced. Example is Sea version of Babur tested various times in 2008. 2009. But never reported on media, besides the insider sources. It's only become official When Cannister launched Babur was launched.

It took 9 years and many failures for Babur to become an Operational cruise missiles of our. It Took 3 or 4 years for our ALCM to become operational.
Then how the hell you can say that, all the tests are done by the missiles provided by some else?

To cut the long story short. You rehotric is nothing mere then Childish and Foolish and emotional rants, because Pakistan don't report under development tests, only when Missile become fully Ready it is test fired.

Correction there....the canister launcher for Babur GLCM is for efficient ground launches and for Naval Ships...

Submarines will fire Babur SLCM through their TORPEDO tubes,as in Tomahawk LACM...

Are you too illetrate to read What he has wriiten in clear terms? Pakistan Never Announces it's failure, which means, all the Under development tests are not reported. Only when the missile becomes mature, and become fault less, then it is announced. Example is Sea version of Babur tested various times in 2008. 2009. But never reported on media, besides the insider sources. It's only become official When Cannister launched Babur was launched.

It took 9 years and many failures for Babur to become an Operational cruise missiles of our. It Took 3 or 4 years for our ALCM to become operational.
Then how the hell you can say that, all the tests are done by the missiles provided by some else?

To cut the long story short. You rehotric is nothing mere then Childish and Foolish and emotional rants, because Pakistan don't report under development tests, only when Missile become fully Ready it is test fired.

Dear self acclaimed literate person, please re-read my posts again and I hope U will figure it out.
When U r doing some tests , you have to "book" an envelop (space) and for that U notify various agencies as also confirmed by AsheebA. But when there is no information like this and then the morning newspaper has the news of "missile test" , what would U make out of this.
At least, we agree that pakistan do not report it's failures (it maintains strict press censorship or u better call it discipline)..continuing on the same line...we must agree that whatever is reported may not be the fact.

@AsheebA :-
the point is not AAM and ALCM. point of discussion is "missile test". U don't test missile electronically one day and then line up your fighter plane to test it next day, endangering both. This is what pakistan has been doing with all it's "missile test".
( I expect someone to call me fool and say that they did not endanger Any Mirage while testing Haft/Gauri XX)
What do U make out of this. The agencies U mentioned may be there and with good articles about their "achievements" in "missile development".
Khan laboratories ( or something like that) was also hailed as the master"missile developers" but ultimately they were unmasked.
Missile programme in pakistan is following the nuclear development path, courtesy AQ Khan.

I don't think I can try harder than this.

Dear self acclaimed literate person, please re-read my posts again and I hope U will figure it out.
When U r doing some tests , you have to "book" an envelop (space) and for that U notify various agencies as also confirmed by AsheebA. But when there is no information like this and then the morning newspaper has the news of "missile test" , what would U make out of this.
At least, we agree that pakistan do not report it's failures (it maintains strict press censorship or u better call it discipline)..continuing on the same line...we must agree that whatever is reported may not be the fact.

@AsheebA :-
the point is not AAM and ALCM. point of discussion is "missile test". U don't test missile electronically one day and then line up your fighter plane to test it next day, endangering both. This is what pakistan has been doing with all it's "missile test".
( I expect someone to call me fool and say that they did not endanger Any Mirage while testing Haft/Gauri XX)
What do U make out of this. The agencies U mentioned may be there and with good articles about their "achievements" in "missile development".
Khan laboratories ( or something like that) was also hailed as the master"missile developers" but ultimately they were unmasked.
Missile programme in pakistan is following the nuclear development path, courtesy AQ Khan.

I don't think I can try harder than this.

Look....Ra'ad is based on Babur,which has proved itself...there is no harm in testing ALCMs,as they are simply detached and start up after detachment...If it fails,it simply drops down...

Khan Research Laboratories (KRL) merely reverse-engineered Nodongs...its NESCOM,which is coming up with more indigenous designs and approach...one can consider it to be the DRDO of Pakistan...

Look....Ra'ad is based on Babur,which has proved itself...there is no harm in testing ALCMs,as they are simply detached and start up after detachment...If it fails,it simply drops down...

Khan Research Laboratories (KRL) merely reverse-engineered Nodongs...its NESCOM,which is coming up with more indigenous designs and approach...one can consider it to be the DRDO of Pakistan...
Today what U say as reverse engineered ( world calls it assembled- to reverse engineer a product U have to have few copies of that before...and if U can get few copies from N Korea, U can get many copies too...may be in parts.) products were hailed as pakistani developments few years ago.
Few years down the time, u and the world will call , today missile development as, reverse engineered/assembled. Have patience, truth will prevail.
When AQ Khan is famous / infamous for it's clandestine nuclear programme, how and why should they take the time & money consuming hard work to "develop" missile. They always have the fruitful example of nuclear programme behind them.

Names may change yesterday KRL, today NESCOM..tomorrow something else.But to develop a system it takes years of countinuity...the exact reason APJ was called from ISRO to DRDO. ( Please read wings of Fire). Prior to him DRDO too was doing what pakistan is doing today...making a reverse engineered missile -Devil .

Anyway, I can bring horse to the water, but can not make it drink.

Today what U say as reverse engineered ( world calls it assembled- to reverse engineer a product U have to have few copies of that before...and if U can get few copies from N Korea, U can get many copies too...may be in parts.) products were hailed as pakistani developments few years ago.
Few years down the time, u and the world will call , today missile development as, reverse engineered/assembled. Have patience, truth will prevail.
When AQ Khan is famous / infamous for it's clandestine nuclear programme, how and why should they take the time & money consuming hard work to "develop" missile. They always have the fruitful example of nuclear programme behind them.

Names may change yesterday KRL, today NESCOM..tomorrow something else.But to develop a system it takes years of countinuity...the exact reason APJ was called from ISRO to DRDO. ( Please read wings of Fire). Prior to him DRDO too was doing what pakistan is doing today...making a reverse engineered missile -Devil .

Anyway, I can bring horse to the water, but can not make it drink.

The point is...we do this because we don't have the funds for the research...we cannot afford to cancel a project...

And I don't consider it as a wrong deed...when it comes to the country's defence,anything by any means must be done...

And yes,truth will prevail...

@ Tangent.....what method of "safe testing" of Ra'ad do you propose,which is an Air Launched Cruise Missile?

We have Su30mki's being built to carry Brahmos.
That is to primarily increase its range.
MKI can fly at Mach 2 even with Brahmos, slows down and fires Brahmos that can go at Mach 3. So over all it is a long range cruise missiles with MIRV of 3 supersonic warheads!!!
So Brahmos is worthy.

Dont worry we are developing LRCM of 1000 kms range with Mach3 speed . So it and Brahmos II supplement Brahmos.

@ Tangent.....what method of "safe testing" of Ra'ad do you propose,which is an Air Launched Cruise Missile?
Had it been a missile under development it's each system would have been tested independently and then only the missile or any product is tested in full configuration. U would say it is a version of Babur..But any of the Babur system was tested independently..??
Example Astra:- It's propulsion ,navigational and other systems are being tested independtly ...and once all are mature enough they will be integrated and a full configuration will be tested.

The point is...we do this because we don't have the funds for the research...we cannot afford to cancel a project...

And I don't consider it as a wrong deed...when it comes to the country's defence,anything by any means must be done...

And yes,truth will prevail...

So now U too accept -albeit, little diplomatically , that pakistani missiles are , at the best, copies of other's missile.
Yes, it serves your purpose well.
But my point from the very begning...( post on 1st page of this thread) ...is Indian missile development and pakistani missile development can not be placed on the same plank and can not be compared.

Failures and postponement are inherent and part of hard learning curve in the missile development path of India. But not in pakistan's.

qed

prahaar.jpg

There have been indications that the Prahaar will be visibly similar to the Indian endo-atmospheric interceptor missile, though this is not confirmed. The team is ready for the missile's first test-firing tomorrow morning.

prahaar.jpg

There have been indications that the Prahaar will be visibly similar to the Indian endo-atmospheric interceptor missile, though this is not confirmed. The team is ready for the missile's first test-firing tomorrow morning.
This may be the artist's impression.
Wishing good luck to Prahar and DRDO.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom