What's new

Power Breakdown in Pakistan - Major cities plunged into darkness

You guys don't even know shit about Pakistan's Electricity System. Pakistan has one the of the advance electricity monitoring and grid system in South Asia. Whatever Fawad Ch's said, 101%, I know very well how Pakistan's entire bijli system is working :)

If anything happens, they system automatically shut-down (trip) the main lines, major transmission lines and related stations electricity. That auto course of action help to save many small and large devices, stations, factories, installations and equipment across the country.
This advance electricity monitoring and grid system need further upgradation.

Contingency plans and processes must be efficient to handle such situation after auto shutdown. National grids and power plants are strategic assets and must be maintained with utmost care.

ErUWpviXEAAyWx1.jpg

No light yet in my area in lahore.

Edit: we are back to the world of living... electricity restored.

Last edited:
I’m in bahawalpur and no light yet. But I have solar plates and am living on the borrowed time of my battery because there is no sun out.

Apparently Guddu Thermal developed a fault and caused the frequency in the main grid to drop to 0 Hz.

This tripped all power plants across the country.

Even a frequency drop from 50 Hz to 49.5Hz can cause plants to trip.

This exposes the lack of redundancies and obsolescence of our grid system.

Kinda depressed not hearing 'meray aziz humwatno' once the light is back.

Ministry of Energy spokesperson, tweeting from the ministry's official Twitter handle, said that according to initial reports, the Guddu power plant developed a fault at 11:41pm on Saturday night.

“The fault caused the country’s high transmission lines to trip, which in turn caused the system frequency to drop from 50 to 0 in less than a second.

According to Federal Information Minister Shibli Faraz "the breakdown had been caused by a "technical fault" in the National Transmission and Despatch Company (NTDC) system".

Serious technical investigation is needed by a high level independent technical team to identify all shortcomings in the National Grid, recommend short and long term solutions. The investigation and "complete" report must be transparent and open to public for reference and follow-up.

If one power plant like Guddu power plant trips and it causes this much mayhem across the country of 250 Million people, then these donkeys need to be really ashamed of themselves and drown themselves in a dirty toilet. These idiots have not decentralized the Grid. Only very backward countries like Pakistan, Ethiopia, and some barbarian country in Africa have such outdated transmission systems.

Every disaster is an opportunity to improve and demand a strong and immediate attention. Hope a wave of massive repair and new installation will be sanction to improve the country infrastructure for future.

If one power plant like Guddu power plant trips and it causes this much mayhem across the country of 250 Million people, then these donkeys need to be really ashamed of themselves and drown themselves in a dirty toilet. These idiots have not decentralized the Grid. Only very backward countries like Pakistan, Ethiopia, and some barbarian country in Africa have such outdated transmission systems.

Precisely.
In simple words, we need multiple routes for electricity to travel between the north and south of the country.

But the fault lies with previous govts specially the idiot Noonies who went on a spree to increase generating capacity without improving the transmission and distribution systems. A deliberate move to hamper the country's future development and to crush the power sector under the burden of increased circular debt and capacity payments since the new capacity would remain underutilized in the absence of a system capable of evacuating all that power.

The current govt is working on the transmission sector but it'll take time.

Last edited:
Please don't go on that tantrum specially when you don't know that taxing individuals is NOT THE ONLY WAY FOR GOVERNMENT TO EARN MONEY. I can give you a few hours of lecture on tax system and other basic finances, but I don't want to do it. Providing reliable electricity networks is NOT THE JOB OF PEOPLE but the job of Governments.
Watch Shabber Zaidi interview PowerPlay with Arshad Shariff Jan 4th... let me know what you think..

Zaid Hamid agar abhi tak zinda hey tu usko subha baldiya walay utha kay dump kardain kaheen Pakistan ko Major Ghada Arya jesay cartoons nahi chahyeen ... bijli dunya may har jaga asay karti hey aur jin ghadoon ko nahi pata Pakistan ka bijli ka nezaam bana aur chalta kesay hain woh internet pe apnay tajziyee dena bandh karain jinka kaam hey unko pata hey kia masla hey aur kesay sahi karna hey

PMLN walay, infact sab apnay tajziye dena bandh karain ye masla dunya may har jaga huta hay .. 2015 and then in 2016 News - Power blackout in 80% Of Pakistan local and International Media.

E4F3D4F8-2013-4517-9F43-CBA4FCBAADD7.jpeg

F26F77FF-BE0E-4703-A418-8C5A88074D6E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom