What's new

Power and Principle: UNSC Reforms

Maybe for the Indian media, but the media here seems to get along fine.

That headline is a complete lie.

Even the Indian government itself, said that they have no evidence of any connection between China and Indian Maoists.

dude calm down..i have not seen any thing like that in indian media..i was just giving a hypothetical example for proving my point

p chidambaram. has said that there is no evidence of chinese involvement with maoists

you haven't read my post , have you? "not what he said, but perhaps more importantly..."

btw, do you think the person under a false flag would call himself "Ching Ching Chong" to save both my time, and his? :rofl:

Its not going to be that easy, and yes I read your post.

happy hunting

dude calm down..i have not seen any thing like that in indian media..i was just giving a hypothetical example for proving my point

p chidambaram. has said that there is no evidence of chinese involvement with maoists

Unfortunately many ignorant souls think China is involved. The logic being, China is an enemy (to some), Mao is from China, therefore the Maoists in India must be connected with China.

We have had some arguments on this forum over that issue.

The Indian government was forced to make that "clarification"... because they had previously said something vague, which was spun out of control by your media.

Maybe in India, but the media here seems to get along fine without having to constantly spew hatred against other countries.

Even the Indian government itself, said that they have no evidence of any connection between China and Indian Maoists.

it reminds me a year ago during google-china dispute when Michael Dell went to see M Singh in support of google. Singh's PM office and Times of India published loads of statements the very next day claiming that Dell promised to the PM in person to quit China and invest in India instead.

Guess what happened the week after? Machael Dell said in MSNBC that he never said that...

months later, Dell decided to invest $100 billion into China R&D centers in the coming years as its largest corporate overseas investment ever, with zero cent in India!

Indians and their toilet papers ... :rofl:

I hope India and Brazil get UNSC 5 + 2. They represent more than 1/5 of humanity.

I am not optimistic about India's long term economic prospects simply because natural resources are finite. US, China & EU all have a huge head start on India. When Japan modernized during the Meiji restoration, it made it all but impossible for Imperial China to modernize. When India goes looking for copper in Afghanistan, China is already there. Oil in Iraq, China is already there. Iron ore in Australia, China is already there. Potash in Canada, China is there. Africa, China is already there. Brazil, China is already there. In a zero sum game like that, it took WWII to stop Japan's huge head start. Unless there's WWIII, India's chances of catching up is not good.

Maybe I'll be wrong and India can move 1.2 billion people straight from an agricultural economy to a knowledge economy, but it's never been done before.

Even if I believed the IQ thing I certainly wouldn't try to convince people on a defense thread about it.

And yes he is much better than the majority of posters but we can always improve.

Speeder2 is cool as long as he doesn't have to bring in that argument

no, it's not me who raised the issue first, but the other guy who used a completed twisted notion of IQ first as an evidence trying to convince others ...

...not his day when i happened to be on line, though...:lol:

I hope India and Brazil get UNSC 5 + 2. They represent more than 1/5 of humanity.

I am not optimistic about India's long term economic prospects simply because natural resources are finite. US, China & EU all have a huge head start on India. When Japan modernized during the Meiji restoration, it made it all but impossible for Imperial China to modernize. When India goes looking for copper in Afghanistan, China is already there. Oil in Iraq, China is already there. Iron ore in Australia, China is already there. Potash in Canada, China is there. Africa, China is already there. Brazil, China is already there. In a zero sum game like that, it took WWII to stop Japan's huge head start. Unless there's WWIII, India's chances of catching up is not good.

Maybe I'll be wrong and India can move 1.2 billion people straight from an agricultural economy to a knowledge economy, but it's never been done before.

Ahh but they're counter by saying they are a"service based" industry.

Unfortunately many ignorant souls think China is involved. The logic being, China is an enemy (to some), Mao is from China, therefore the Maoists in India must be connected with China.
that and along with some another things are exactly the reason why some indians (due to their ignorance) give anti china statements, that was the point i was trying to explain..indians in general are not bad or ill spoken as some of you consider..hell even i have some good pakistani doctor as friends too..its just media propaganda which brainwashes the youth..

that and along with some another things are exactly the reason why some indians (due to their ignorance) give anti china statements, that was the point i was trying to explain..indians in general are not bad or ill spoken as some of you consider..hell even i have some good pakistani doctor as friends too..its just media propaganda which brainwashes the youth..

Let me tell though, defence forums are not a place for changing minds lol. Welcome nevertheless and hope you don't take this place too seriously.

Maybe in India, but the media here seems to get along fine without having to constantly spew hatred against other countries.

Indian Moast has direct links with the communist party of India. Not with China's ;)

Ahh but they're counter by saying they are a"service based" industry.

Yeah, but a service based economy like US, EU and Japan takes wealth. You have to build that wealth through years of hard work like US and Japan or be lucky to be sitting on a pile of it like Qatar & Brunei. How else can India afford $10 per day for Starbucks and 3 cars per family. That's a real service based economy.

Yeah, but a service based economy like US, EU and Japan takes wealth. You have to build that wealth through years of hard work like US and Japan or be lucky to be sitting on a pile of it like Qatar & Brunei. How else can India afford $10 per day for Starbucks and 3 cars per family. That's a real service based economy.

Hence outsourcing... but yea I can only see that going to so far. I don't see anyone building a country like Japan or US through service growth to the developed world.

Brazil is fine , as it represents more than 2 dozens Spanish and Potugese -speaking latin America nations;

but India? the problem here is war-mongering India's govt doesn't represent either 1 Billion + Indian people or anyone, but their own Swiss bank accounts.

Funny that UNSC reads as United Nation SECURITY Council, a war-mongering India govt fancies to be there.

Think about it, It even can not gurantee the security of its own capital New Delhi, let alone his own country ( armed rebels accupy more than 1/3 of India); and it fancies to gurantee the security of the world. :rofl:

Sorry, but India adds zero influence and support to UNSC , apart from several Hindus' bragging right, alongside with their biggest ever begging bowl for aids.

Back
Top Bottom