What's new

Post Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Idea here is if someone breaks a rule in his/her posts only then a negative ratings should be given.
And i am sure that the title holders i named can use this application with responsibility.

here the name of the feature is "negetive rating", it indicates the rating of a post negetively based on the reader's perception. If "breaking rules" is concerned, there is a "ruport function" there/

LOL!!! That mean if any post is not as per wishes of a block of TTAs they can gang up and delete posts.

Anyway this hovering thing for thank is not user friendly, how new members will know it? It should be always visible.

Bad idea IMO.

Moderation rights given to title holders. Mods should be neutral. TTs, R&Ds and ect....are going to be neutral ?..... I don't think so.

@WebMaster
There is no specified criteria for negative rating and anybody of title holder may use it in wrong meanings or to discharge personal revenge or to show its higher status while discussing issue even if victim of this rule will be right in his/her point. Moderator is moderator but giving this right to many people will cause of unnecessary complications. I think this should be switched back to moderators and management only.

Looks like a good initiative, stop gap moderation attempt which could work if not abused. The thanks list is also not doing it for me, have to make an extra click which will not be used. I would suggest to put back the names because there is no room issue plus also doubled up as a neat divider between posts.

no need to PM, I can openly tell here which title holders are trolls... because you will conviniently ignore pms and pretend nothing happended.
1. aeronaut -
2. faujhistorian -
3. asad (bd mil professional)

Let me scan through my brain and find some more..

I am stunned and shocked at finding @Aeronaut and @FaujHistorian here.

After listening in on someone else's discussion in a private part of the forum, I went through past posts methodically, checking @Aeronaut's posts. It was my very pleasantly surprised discovery that he scrupulously maintains a Chinese wall between his role as moderator and his role as ordinary member of the forum. This, delivered not in the deadpan Swiss manner one might have expected to see, but almost with a swagger, with panache, as if defying us to find him at fault.

@FaujHistorian a troll? Oh, well, that explains those warts on my eyeballs, then. If he is a troll, I must be one too.

I couldn't agree more heartily with you about our sinuous neighbour from the east, however.

@Joe Shearer

Thank you, thats very kind of you.

I deal in controversy and thats because i learn better this way. You only get to see a man's real opinion when he's either behind a mask or pushed to his wits end. PDF is the mask, i do the second bit. :D

I'm yet to use my stick against any member for personal reasons. I get hatemail and people like @hinduguy making false claims about me because they are too lazy to read between the lines.

I know who's who quite well as i deal with the nasty ones on daily basis. At any given moment, if i have zero opposition, for me that is time to reform.

Thanks again for a sound judgement.

Did someone say @FaujHistorian is a troll. Wah wah, maa sadqay hehe :D

One of the best things with this is that now TT's Jn TT's and Professionals along with moderators can curb the nonsense and insulting posts.. Good move Webby..

Errrrr........
I can't find 'like' button in my mobile PDF,plus my mentioning/tagging feature is not working,please @WebMaster ,kindly fix it-
Regards-

@Joe Shearer

Thank you, thats very kind of you.

I deal in controversy and thats because i learn better this way. You only get to see a man's real opinion when he's either behind a mask or pushed to his wits end. PDF is the mask, i do the second bit. :D

I'm yet to use my stick against any member for personal reasons. I get hatemail and people like @hinduguy making false claims about me because they are too lazy to read between the lines.

I know who's who quite well as i deal with the nasty ones on daily basis. At any given moment, if i have zero opposition, for me that is time to reform.

Thanks again for a sound judgement.

Did someone say @FaujHistorian is a troll. Wah wah, maa sadqay hehe :D
I never made any false claim about you(or any mod), if you can show even a single one, I will instantly apologize to you.

After listening in on someone else's discussion in a private part of the forum, I went through past posts methodically, checking @Aeronaut's posts. It was my very pleasantly surprised discovery that he scrupulously maintains a Chinese wall between his role as moderator and his role as ordinary member of the forum. This, delivered not in the deadpan Swiss manner one might have expected to see, but almost with a swagger, with panache, as if defying us to find him at fault.

@FaujHistorian a troll? Oh, well, that explains those warts on my eyeballs, then. If he is a troll, I must be one too.

I couldn't agree more heartily with you about our sinuous neighbour from the east, however.
Two things.
1. I cannot possibly elaborate about aeronaut because I dont believe in scrutinizing mod behaviour. So its your observation against mine. I have a right to complain and I exercised it.
2. About historian, his views do not matter. Sometime I agree sometime I dont. But he goes personal in almost every post you argue with. And thanks you if he agrees with your view. I have not seen a single well researched and well written piece (aero has written some good ones)
You can call him passionate if that makes it less palatable, but my views are my views.
Conversely I hold zarvan in much less contempt than other members do, because of his behaviour and adherence to forum rules. I disagree with him on almost everything.

@FaujHistorian Had his 'way' of expressing his opinions. Though i very often disagree with his opinion, i do believe him to be an asset to the forum.

One of the best things with this is that now TT's Jn TT's and Professionals along with moderators can curb the nonsense and insulting posts.. Good move Webby..

Which means i can sleep longer. :D

It also means the democratization of moderation powers and much burdon off us. Now we'd have more time to chase down the bhoots of PDF.

Last edited:

I was also searching his previous post and found this gem. As someone who's been reading Nehru's Discovery of India, I can only laugh at the his knowledge of history or lack thereof.

Nehru writes in his biography

how mullah Azad would go to him to beg, and leave when Nehru would hand him a bag of money.

Can you imagine this?

Can you?

These champions of Islam, these so called Ulemas, throwing $hit on Jinnah while taking bags of money from Nehru?

Doesn't it make you feel angry? or even more?

Which means i can sleep longer. :D

It also means the democratization of moderation powers and much burdon off us. Now we'd have more time to chase down the bhoots of PDF.

Which means you can flirt longer.. You dont sleep anyway.. Yea, this move will definitely take burden of moderators and our poor @Resuce Ranger sir, who do more reporting the posts than reading :omghaha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom