What's new

Possible steps to counter the rising threat from IAF ?

The pilot however is only well trained to the technical limits of it's fighter! A well trained F16 MLU pilot that is limited to AIM 9M, will still find itself in the inferior position against a more maneuverable fighter, with a better WVR missile (lesson the western forces learned after pitting their fighters against Mig 29s with R73).
The same pilot in the same fighter, limited to an active radar as the only sensor for detection, will find itself in the inferior position against fighters with modern passiv sensors too, let alone with more advanced radars.

Of course training is important, but it only adds to an advantage when you roughly have the same technical capabilities.
Are u implying something perhaps something about the capabilities F-16 mlu?.

Pakistan air force needs quality...though it is out numberd by the iaf, but iaf would not deploy all the jets against pakistan...as then other regions would be left vulneravle so if paf has some good jets in there , it can take care of 4-5 squardrens of iaf.
But for that paf needs some damn good planes which i have to say that they dont have...so increasing the quality of planes along indian borded can be the key for pak...

The most suitable is the best.
Within the range they can afford, try to improve the combat, which is being done in Pakistan.
India and Pakistan, the probability of occurrence of large-scale war is very small, JF-17和F16 is sufficient to meet the daily needs, and the cost is very high.
Much later, Pakistan's economy will progress, then a direct transition to the 5th generation fighter just fine.

Well Following Western military Doctrine Quality have always been Choice of PAF over Quantity.
But still Quality should be in sufficient Quantity or elase you would end up like Nazis. With a unit of fully trained well equipped soldiers of germany overwhelmed by Ppsh wielding Swarm of ill trained Soviet Conscripts :p

i say by the looks of current economy improvement. PAF should be in near future like.
250 JF17 Thunder MRF
100 F16 Falcon MRF
100 J10 or Mig35 Air Superiority Fightera
100 F7pg Interceptors (With SD10 upgrade)

Considering we have to replace aging Mirages and older F7s. but F7pg will remain in service. there airframes are newer then blk F16s

I say look at current technology! I mean, obviously you can't have 15 Su-27s defending a nation the size of Pakistan, but if you buy, maybe even 250 4th or 5th gen fighters combined with several hundred F-15s or MiGs, then you'd have the size needed for "constant presence" with a size able force of premium aircraft to turn the tides of ongoing aerial and even ground or naval battles. Hover jets are always a good idea for CAS- but the F-35 is expensive and flawed. Harriers work much better. Get some Harriers, some F-18s or Su-27s, few hundred F-15s and MiG-21s, and Pakistan will be set for a contemporary war.

Plus Pakistan already has a very good Air Force with custom versions of modern fighter aircraft it can produce (relatively) cheaply, so really just back that up with proven but cheap aircraft (Mirages, MiG-21s, old Harriers, etc.) to add fluff planes so that the AF is never undermanned for a war and has a constant battlefield presence.

Late to the thread...

This isn't mommy papa game.

You need quality to intrude into enemy territory. Send 6 jets, render their airports etc useless. They come back easily. You're going in to cause havoc, not fight. It's like gureilla warfare, hit and run. If you send 20 bad quality units, some may not even come back and the impact won't be good.

When enemy is intruding in your base, then you need quantity. Enemy never likes to come in your base to fight jets, they only come to attack ground stuff. Why? Because the air units are backed by SAMs and other anti air weapons. So enemy prefers to only attack ground units with quantity units when they've acheived air superiority.

This is why you don't go and buy F22 and no f35. You need balance. Currently PAF is doing ok. It doesn't have best quality, but no airforce will come and attack PAF over its terrirtory without taking heavy losses, unless they're doing pre emptive strikes or it is USA airforce. PAF can easily launch their mirages and other old planes backed with SAMs.

When attacking another country, PAF will send f16, not mirages, until it has acheived air superioty. Remember, if enemy knows your plan, you only lose 5 good quality planes vs 20 bad quality planes. And easier to coordinate 5 good quality planes vs 20 bad. Over enemy air space, conditions are unknown and hostile. Over ones base, conditions are familiar and everyone can do as they deem fit.

So Pakistan needs quality and quantity. Quality to attack inside enemy territory and quantity to defend its airspace.

Late to the thread...

This isn't mommy papa game.

You need quality to intrude into enemy territory. Send 6 jets, render their airports etc useless. They come back easily. You're going in to cause havoc, not fight. It's like gureilla warfare, hit and run. If you send 20 bad quality units, some may not even come back and the impact won't be good.

When enemy is intruding in your base, then you need quantity. Enemy never likes to come in your base to fight jets, they only come to attack ground stuff. Why? Because the air units are backed by SAMs and other anti air weapons. So enemy prefers to only attack ground units with quantity units when they've acheived air superiority.

This is why you don't go and buy F22 and no f35. You need balance. Currently PAF is doing ok. It doesn't have best quality, but no airforce will come and attack PAF over its terrirtory without taking heavy losses, unless they're doing pre emptive strikes or it is USA airforce. PAF can easily launch their mirages and other old planes backed with SAMs.

When attacking another country, PAF will send f16, not mirages, until it has acheived air superioty. Remember, if enemy knows your plan, you only lose 5 good quality planes vs 20 bad quality planes. And easier to coordinate 5 good quality planes vs 20 bad. Over enemy air space, conditions are unknown and hostile. Over ones base, conditions are familiar and everyone can do as they deem fit.

So Pakistan needs quality and quantity. Quality to attack inside enemy territory and quantity to defend its airspace.
I don't get what you are trying to say... Even PAF send F 16's in some double digit number, the enemy territory contains SAM network. .. you are talking like none can attack PAF because SAM network. .. but PAF can because f 16... but you won't consider SAM network of enemy territory. .. what Enemy uses stand off missiles from boarder?

I don't get what you are trying to say... Even PAF send F 16's in some double digit number, the enemy territory contains SAM network. .. you are talking like none can attack PAF because SAM network. .. but PAF can because f 16... but you won't consider SAM network of enemy territory. .. what Enemy uses stand off missiles from boarder?

You don't get what I'm saying is because you're Indian (no offense). You consider yourself to be the only enemy of Pakistan. Does Afghanistan have as much SAMs as India (After complete US withdrawal)? I was simply giving a general opinion. And what better jets PAF has? If PAF has to do pre emptive strikes or take intrude in enemy space, it'll send F16s or whatever best jets it has. It'll not be sending old tech in bunch of numbers (this includes jf17 as it may not be good as F16s, despite being new, so you know what I mean).

If USA has to intrude into enemy territory, it sends the best. Remember when it killed Osama? It didn't send bunch of F15s or alike, just a couple choppers (really advanced ones too). Easier to manage and so forth. Which is precisely what I mentioned, do the job and get out.

We don't know what the future holds. Pakistan could be broken apart or Iran. Afghanistan could be an advanced nation.

The bottom line is, send small amount of best capable jets for the job, achieve target and withdraw. No sending 50 useless jets.

Operation Opera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel sent F15s and F16s (which they acquired just before the attack), then one of the top tech they had. Sent small amount. Didn't raise alarm. Coordinated easily.

If there ever is a need to attack Indian nuclear sites (Assuming India has only one, for simplicity and for giving example), PAF will send a few of best jets (F16s for now) instead of 20 JF17. Plus, not the entire border is covered with SAMs and sometimes they don't notice intrusion. In case of Israel, they dodged Jordan and Saudia. So much goes into planning. But the bottom line is, send a few jets rather than all.

Also you didn't make sense with bunch of dots between sentences. I type on tablet, what's your excuse? :P

Last edited:
A good combination that will have Quality as well as Quantity. Having a single squadron of the best planes in the world is not good enough and just like that having a fleet of low grade planes wont last long either.
Hasing said that emphasis should be given to quality as well as you need dominant planes to create air dominance. It was was proven in 1965 pak-india war and the atrab-israeli war of 1967.

Currently our PAF is on the right track having self made planes in the form of jf-17 and F-16.

You don't get what I'm saying is because you're Indian (no offense). You consider yourself to be the only enemy of Pakistan. Does Afghanistan have as much SAMs as India (After complete US withdrawal)? I was simply giving a general opinion. And what better jets PAF has? If PAF has to do pre emptive strikes or take intrude in enemy space, it'll send F16s or whatever best jets it has. It'll not be sending old tech in bunch of numbers (this includes jf17 as it may not be good as F16s, despite being new, so you know what I mean).

If USA has to intrude into enemy territory, it sends the best. Remember when it killed Osama? It didn't send bunch of F15s or alike, just a couple choppers (really advanced ones too). Easier to manage and so forth. Which is precisely what I mentioned, do the job and get out.

We don't know what the future holds. Pakistan could be broken apart or Iran. Afghanistan could be an advanced nation.

The bottom line is, send small amount of best capable jets for the job, achieve target and withdraw. No sending 50 useless jets.

Operation Opera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel sent F15s and F16s (which they acquired just before the attack), then one of the top tech they had. Sent small amount. Didn't raise alarm. Coordinated easily.

If there ever is a need to attack Indian nuclear sites (Assuming India has only one, for simplicity and for giving example), PAF will send a few of best jets (F16s for now) instead of 20 JF17. Plus, not the entire border is covered with SAMs and sometimes they don't notice intrusion. In case of Israel, they dodged Jordan and Saudia. So much goes into planning. But the bottom line is, send a few jets rather than all.

Also you didn't make sense with bunch of dots between sentences. I type on tablet, what's your excuse? :P
they are not your enemy for you either...

Quality is relative to each country.

eg FOR PAF quality id F16/52 or MLU F16

For RAF or Luftwaffe its a Typhoon.

Keeping it relevant to PAK threats ie India Quality would be Rafale F4 Aesa equipped.

But each of india 200 su30mki
50 upgraded Muirage 2000-5
100+ Mig29 smt/k

Are around the same standard as the 76 F16

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom