What's new

Possible steps to counter the rising threat from IAF ?

mundaus

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Quality or Quantity - What's better for PAF?

Please express your views. Thanks

Last edited:
We are already outnumbered 3:1 so further reducing quantity is not an option. The only thing we can do is catch up with the technology and put our superior pilot-training to good use.

balanced Quantity with best Quality!;):agree::tup:;)

Sorry Buddy stealing your line with a few thoughts of mine:

Balanced Quantity will always out match Quality. A quality plane has so much in it if the same fighter goes head to head with a low grade fighter 4 vs 1 . The quality will have only so much to offer before he or she decides to bugg out.

Then again last year F-22 shot 8 F-15s only 1 pilot saw it rest were sitting ducks. They are all taken out by missiles what is there was a ninth one than he had to go up close. Now the real question arrives what if 2 F-15 attach the same F-22. F-22 is left is bullets only and the F-15s are fully loaded.

Pakistan is not outnumbered 3-1.

At best its 400 PAF fighters V 650 IAF fighters.

Quality & in good quantity is wat is needed

its good to go some research before posting. You could have easily checked that out on google

Q. How do you compare Pakistan Airforce with Indian Airforce?

Ans. In the present scenario, the role of Pakistan Airforce is to ensure peace in the region and to defend Pakistan from all sorts of aggression. The ratio between PAF and IAF is still the same 1:3 in IAF’s favor.

Complete Interview

in the 65 war, we had qualitative edge, which we have lost now

1]if we are considering a 400 jets paf inventory , then around 100jets should be of hitech level.. near to the 4.5 gen mark.

2]there should be different jets combo variety
f16/j10 or rafale to deal with su30/f18 combo

so iaf could not make a universal strategy to deal with our frontline jets i.e
if one frontline aircraft fails in war or gets embargoed, others might compensate]

3]our airforce should also be balanced and have aircrafts of light/medium and heavy category..
like indian lca-f18-su30
we should have jf17-f16/j10-rafale?

4]rest of the 300 can be filled by jf17 different batch versions to boost quantity and some quality

5]iaf might endup with f35 aswell.[once iaf tastes the american stuff, theres no going back]
we should keep our eyes open for alternative 5th gen jets

a little note on rafales..
*the platform can be less in quantity.i.e if bought in only couple of squadrons ,, it would not damage our relations with china rather diversify our front line options and take the pressure away from our jf17 fleet
*french equipments are costly yes.. but reliable aswell.also they are willing to sell... these 2 variables are also important... (how many other countries are offering their front line/ 'qualitative/ jets to us?).
cost will always be a problem.... but qualitative defence must always be the priority
now the question would be if the program slows down so much that we would have to skip a 4.5 gen combo [f16 +rafale] in favour of some 5th gen fighter

Last edited:
cost is the biggest issue so i guess we just need to train harder on our qualitive edge...as long as we have that i guess we can maintain some sort of balance be it 1:3 but if we loose quality then that 1:3 becomes a daunting 1:5 easily. so yes looking at our current fiscal position i guess rafales,typhoons are out question.

1]in the 65 war, we had qualitative edge, which we have lost now.
tell me what freaking "qualitative" edge we had over IAF other then pilots?
if we are considering a 400 jets paf inventory , then around 100jets should be of hiteck level.. near to the 4.5 gen mark.
indeed thats initially the plan and we could well expect well over 100 4.5 generation MRCA. not to forget that last 100 JF-17 batch will be a advance variant with all 4.5 generation systems. we do know that we will have f-16, FC-20, JF-17 by 2013 then what will be cooking by 2019 the AFFDP-2019? i personally wanna see Rafael as part of 4.5 gen fleet.
2]there should be different jets combo f16/j10/rafale to deal with su30/f18/paka combo
well we are going to have 5th generation fighter to counter PAK-fa

iaf might endup with f35 aswell.. we should keep our eyes open for alternative 5th gen jets
now come on dude... IAF cant afford everything! its just technically, politically impossible for india to operate F-35 PAK-FA side by side.. india is already facing alot of head aches from US regarding restrictions on Fa-18s.
a little note on rafales..
*the platform can be less in quantity.i.e if bought in only couple of squadrons ,, it would not damage our relations with china rather diversify our front line options and take the pressure away from our jf17 fleet
*french equipments are costly yes.. but reliable aswell.also they are willing to sell... these 2 variables are also important... (how many other countries are offering their front line/ 'qualitative/ jets to us?).

:enjoy: well said.

I am very happy to hear that we're buying lots of J10..I think 100+ 4.5th Generation Jets (J10's and F-16's) and 250+ 4th Generation Jets (JF'17) are more then enough to deny Air Superiority to India considering the fact that our pilots are far better trained then Indians and in future we might buy more hightech jets (Gripen NG or Maybe Rafale ) if our economic condition improve!

Perhaps we can concentrate more on avionics, advance/early warning and recon capablities.

Advance or less advanced aircraft are in the ends weapon systems and we might be able to enhance our capablities, by not necessarily investing in entire systems and instead enhancing capablities of what we have.

PC, i think the sabers were the frontline jets that were being used by U.S itself in the early 60s... like f35s or f15 etc nowadays.. so they were definately qualitative.[the f-4 were in the process of induction at the moment]

would the j10 and later versions of jf17 endup with the same avionics? im not sure.. but it might be easy for iaf to have the same stratedy for both of them as they might endup with the same pros and cons?
[but i do seriously love to have a lot of 'em]

*f16 might get embargoed again, chinese products are in the process of maturity.. leaving with a mature ,western ,frontline aircraft need

rafales will keep the indians guessing on tactics as they couldnt generalize

once indians get a taste of american systems, they might change there mind on f35s afterall they want to stand against the might of china... i have my fingers crossed though
f35 at that time will be far more advanced / mature platform then jxx

[ive heard sweden is going for a 5th gen programme?]

regards

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom