What's new

Possibility for PAF

Well first of all Pakistan is not an Arab state it is in south asia. Now what you are suggesting is that PAF is trying to get the Mirage 2000-9. What i think is that this will not happen. The reason is that the fighter is an advanced fighter so i doubt that UAE will replace all of them. Another thing is that the fighter is expensive even though its second hand. Pakistan has fighter programs going already so i doubt that they will try and go for an used fighter which is also very expensive.

Pakistan and Afghanistan is now part of Middle East according to CIA map.

There is big chance that Pakistan might acquire some Mirage-2000-9. As far as a new platform, I think it will be difficult to go for 2 new aircrafts, Rafale and F-20 at the same time. F-20 may not be as capable as Rafale but it will add some muscle to PAF.

If Pakistan can afford it, i would like Pakistan to sign Rafale deal, 36 Rafale, 12 build by Dassault rest build in Pakistan, an option to build another 36 in Pakistan. Limited TOT, frame and some Avionics, some parts of Engine, etc. Total cost 3.5 Billions. This would be an ideal deal for Pakistan if there is no kickbacks

Last edited:
There is big chance that Pakistan might acquire some Mirage-2000-9 but it is difficult to go for 2 new aircrafts, Rafale and F-20 at the same time. F-20 may not be as capable as Rafale but it will add some muscle to PAF.

If Pakistan can afford it, i would like Pakistan to sign Rafale deal, 36 Rafale, 12 build by Dassault rest build in Pakistan, an option to build another 36 in Pakistan. Limited TOT, frame and some Avionics, some parts of Engine, etc. Total cost 3.5 Billions. This would be an ideal deal for Pakistan if there is no kickbacks

actully here we want to know that if PAF get second hand mireags from UAE how much this deal is efectiv to fill the gap because we know at this time havey fundinge's is the problem to purches the new one instently
so please you'r opnion jupiter2007 thank's

paf is trying to hi there number's of fighter's

asian defence

It is widely presumed the UAE will require Dassault to take back the used fleet and find them new homes. For the transfer to work politically, the 2000-9 fighters may have to be picked by another Arab state, such as Egypt or Pakistan. However, Romania is reportedly also involved in talks for the UAE's used fighters.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

umm..since when did pakistan become an Arab state..did I miss something? :)

lolz guess you ve been visiting an indian forum lately
ok
lets analyze

MIG-21,LCA ---------->We have Thunder
MIG-27---------->We have Thunder
MIG-29, Mirag 2000----------> Thunder Bl 2 and F-16 MLU
MKI---------------> Bl 52's+ FC-20
MCRA-------------> Undecided (perhaps FC-20 upgradation)
FGFA,PAKFA,(possiblity of F 35)-------------->:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

yah tell me wat u gonna do with PAKFA,FGFA OR F 35...LOL U WONT SOLVE problem by laughing

yah tell me wat u gonna do with PAKFA,FGFA OR F 35...LOL U WONT SOLVE problem by laughing

What about economical issues of Pakistan?? In present scenario the deals of Jf17 and FC20 are perfect for PAF. Lets not forget we are nuclear state as well.:pakistan:

Which one's ur talking about dude ?

i am talking about mirage 2000_9
two squadronsin naval role can do havock to any aggressor aircrafts a carrier a ship or a submarine.....

Great for sea patrol too

The better way to handle this situation is to either get Rafale or Eurofighter Typhoon before 2015 minimum of 30-50 Jets. No matter how costly they are because countries defence is way to far important than money or budget.

We have to cut the expances which our political leaders are doing in big numbers.

i dont know why do you guys underestimate FC-20 here read it out
Background

The pinnacle of indigenous Chinese fighter design is the Chengdu J-10, a single engine delta-canard agile multirole fighter which was alleged to be a clone of the IAI Lavi design, enhanced through alleged access to Pakistani F-16A examples. Even cursory comparison of the J-10 and Lavi indicates that 'Lavi-cloning' is not the case, even if the fighters share the same general configuration . The nose and vertical tail shape are however near enough to the F-16 to raise serious questions.

Development of the J-10 commenced in 1988, with the first prototype flying in 1996, and production planned to commence in 2005. The J-10 occupies the same niche as the F-16C/D/E/F and the Rafale, being smaller than the F/A-18E/F and Eurofighter. It is to form the low end of a hi-lo mix with the Su-27SK/J-11/Su-30MKK and be used for air combat and strike roles, replacing the J-6, Q-5 and J-7 in frontline combat regiments.

Early models are powered by the Russian AL-31F common to the Su-27/30, with Chinse sources claiming the indigenous WS-10 fan will be introduced later. The design is claimed to use a quadruplex digital fly-by-wire control system, a glass cockpit similar in layout to the Gripen is employed, and a HMS is expected to be used. Chinese sources claim the Phazotron Zhuk series and indigenous JL-10A to be the likely candidate radars for production.

The J-10 represents an important milestone for China's industry - it is modern combat aircraft competitive in cardinal parameters with current EU production technology, and is clearly a unique indigenous design despite the comments of Western critics. Just like the Su-27/MiG-29 blended the best ideas in the teen series types, the J-10 blends the best ideas from the Eurocanard series and the F-16, to produce a high performance low cost mass production fighter.

While the J-10 will not have the strategic impact of the long range Sukhois, it is well matched to the PLA-AF's established Soviet-like all-arms warfare doctrine, providing local air superiority over land forces and close air support / battlefield interdiction capabilities. With the likelihood of large scale production, we could see in time well over a thousand airframes built and exports made to various established PRC clients in the region.

In close combat the J-10 is apt to match or outperform the teen series fighters, and match the Eurocanards. Its principal limitation will be in its sizing and combat radius performance - the top end roles being ceded to the Sukhois.

With the J-10 China has finally joined the club of nations capable of designing a modern agile combat aircraft.
Resources

J-10A Single Seat Variant

The J-10 glass cockpit is unique and differs from the design in the Su-30MKK/MK2 and Su-27SMK.

J-10B Advanced Single Seat Variant

In early 2009 images of the first prototype of the advanced J-10B variant emerged on a number of Chinese websites.

The design has a number of prominent changes which will improve performance and capabilities.

The radome geometry has been altered with a new tilted bulkhead which will reduce radar bay RCS. Aft of the radome is mounted a new electro-optical sensor turret, most likely an Infra-Red Search / Track (IRST) set. The dark colour could be a painted dummy optical dome, or a Germanium longwave dome.

The most important design change is the completely revised higher massflow inlet design. The new inlet combines two design features observed in earlier US designs, a general arrangement similar to the F-8U3 Crusader III prototype, and a diverterless inlet bulge design similar to the F-16 demonstrator used to prove the inlet design for the X-35 JSF demonstrators. The inlet to fuselage join will significantly reduce the radar signature of the forward fuselage in the upper bands.

Other interesting changes include an extended antenna fairing on the vertical fin, and large inboard pylons - or instrumentation pods - with what appear to be dielectric radomes over the front and aft of the pylon. The prototype carries inert PL-8 Python 3 rounds.

To date no performance figures have been disclosed. What is clear is that this design has been engineered to be fitted with a more powerful engine and radar than the J-10A.
trust me FC-20 will turnout to be the 40 Mio USD Eurofighter

i am talking about mirage 2000_9
two squadronsin naval role can do havock to any aggressor aircrafts a carrier a ship or a submarine.....

Great for sea patrol too

Brother
The mirage series has a tendency to corrosion in salty environments , they may not be suitable for the role you are suggesting . You may remember Taiwan retiring their M2K fleet for te same reason along with high maintenance costs.
Araz

i think last year or few months back our most senior members debate on this option and reselt was we no need these old horses we have to look for new and more modren systems .now there is no sanctions that we look for used or old systems we have to spend on jf-17 fc-20 after that we have to see more forward to j-11b or j-xx or refale in 2020 no need to waste money on these jf-17 type mirages we use jf-17 for naval role i am 100% clear abut it.we have ulimeted options if we have $$$$$ 60 refales are ready to delever and there is no custmer go ahead for EU fighter j-11 why we go back in 80s ira?

I WILL LOVE TO SEE THIS BEAST IN PAF COLOURS...
0558608bfde9c6f3aa8378e6ecd93975.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom