What's new

Possibility for PAF

sorry PAF can't distroy her future plans and millions of dollors for your love.

I would really like to see PAF go for grippen although wat we want is not wat we get!

I heard that as per a contract in past PAF pilots were initially operating these aircrafts for the Abu Dhabi govt and as per that contract PAF pilots should participate in case of war (with Iran in mind) and even PAF can use these 36 Mirage 2000-5 in case of a Pakistan war.
This was reported much earlier by an IOndian monthly magazine, I think named "India Today".
So there can be a possibility that UAE can offer these to PAK on easy terms looking the strategic relations between the two brotherly countries.

I heard that as per a contract in past PAF pilots were initially operating these aircrafts for the Abu Dhabi govt and as per that contract PAF pilots should participate in case of war (with Iran in mind) and even PAF can use these 36 Mirage 2000-5 in case of a Pakistan war.
This was reported much earlier by an IOndian monthly magazine, I think named "India Today".
So there can be a possibility that UAE can offer these to PAK on easy terms looking the strategic relations between the two brotherly countries.

Didn't UAE sold their Mirage V to Pakistan?

I would really like to see PAF go for grippen although wat we want is not wat we get!

I think Rafale is better choice for Pakistan if we compare top 3 eurpopen aircraft Gripen, Eurofirghter and Rafale.

Pakistan should try to get 20 Euro Fighters -
:coffee:

300 - JF17 Thunder would be the work horse for Pakistani Air Force
36 , J10 & F 16 would be backup for Air Superiority

So having 20 , Euro Fighters would be icing on cake as these could be used for strategic intercepts , and assitance to main force for JF17Thunder piolets -

rafale would be too costly for Pakistan i doubt you can afford it

Another option is to get used F-16s from USA. US Air-force is going to retire 134 F-16s around July 2010. I think Pakistan should acquire additional 36 used F-16s.

300 JF17 Thunders, would be work horse in Pakistani Airforce

We could easily see Squadrons of JF17 Thunders protecting Pakistani Air - regularly

The New J10 (36)- crafts from China , can act as something the Ace pilots can fly to provide , Protection and Assitance in Air for Air Superiority to Pilots flying the JF17 Thunder.

Similarly the F16 50-60 crafts we will have could be moved to more of Striking Role/Defensive options -

The only thing that would be left for Pakistan at thats Stage would be to get access to 20 Euro Fighters , which could be a Insurance policy.

Wouldn't it be nice to see 8 JF17 Thunders, 2 F16 , 1 J10
and 1 Euro Fighter in Stand by Role , this kind of variety , would give options to Pakistani pilots in Air -

20-36 Euro Fighters would be a great addition , while hard to attain , it would be great

I would probbly advice Pakista Air Force to Donate all of the Mirag Rose fighters to Iran in return for Free Oil for Pakistan for 10 years this would help our energy crisis , and also help Iran - in term of their much needed air defence needs

Hopefully Iran can use these 100 or so crafts to protect the Pakistan/Iran peace gas line - or Pakistani can fly it with in our territories just to secure the interest of Pakistan and Iran in a more of a security role in around the gas pipe line -

One of the ways Pakistani Airforce is crippled is oil or lack of it in time of war, its a strategy that has been used to black mail pakistan so Pakistan should work to setup its oil reserves in time of war - etc

Last edited:
300 JF17 Thunders, would be work horse in Pakistani Airforce

We could easily see Squadrons of JF17 Thunders protecting Pakistani Air - regularly

The New J10 (36)- crafts from China , can act as something the Ace pilots can fly to provide , Protection and Assitance in Air for Air Superiority to Pilots flying the JF17 Thunder.

Similarly the F16 50-60 crafts we will have could be moved to more of Striking Role/Defensive options -

The only thing that would be left for Pakistan at thats Stage would be to get access to 20 Euro Fighters , which could be a Insurance policy.

Wouldn't it be nice to see 8 JF17 Thunders, 2 F16 , 1 J10
and 1 Euro Fighter in Stand by Role , this kind of variety , would give options to Pakistani pilots in Air -

20-36 Euro Fighters would be a great addition , while hard to attain , it would be great

I would probbly advice Pakista Air Force to Donate all of the Mirag Rose fighters to Iran in return for Free Oil for Pakistan for 10 years this would help our energy crisis , and also help Iran - in term of their much needed air defence needs

Hopefully Iran can use these 100 or so crafts to protect the Pakistan/Iran peace gas line - or Pakistani can fly it with in our territories just to secure the interest of Pakistan and Iran in a more of a security role in around the gas pipe line -

One of the ways Pakistani Airforce is crippled is oil or lack of it in time of war, its a strategy that has been used to black mail pakistan so Pakistan should work to setup its oil reserves in time of war - etc

They can buy New Planes.

rafale would be too costly for Pakistan i doubt you can afford it

If India would not go for Rafale , Trust me you would see them soon In PAF;)

And by the way no one knew where did money came from for our Neuclear and Missile programes:azn:

you would be amazed , i am going to predict something rite here , though i do not promise..

Pakistan will look to buy 150 - FC-20's
Pakistan would have JF-17 thunder -upto 300
And most surprisingly , your will see alot of vipers too , not sure but i suspect PAF is looking to buy ex USAF vipers and get them upgraded by TAI to Block 52 standard.
PAF would have 75 vipers soon all upgraded including new C/D's

If Paf goes for USAF vipers they will come at a good price and we will sale our old jets to other nations to raise funds for future buys.

Mirage 2000-9's should be bought for Pakistan NAVY for ship attack and maritime patrol roles , since our pilots have flown them in UAE for a long time , it should'nt be a problem

Regards:

Last edited:
Major Tactical disadvantage of having F16 is that other nations already know too much on F16 , and its weaknesses , and also some nation' pilots specifically train against F16 in simulations to train the pilots so as such its nice to have multiple options available for Airforce

"One should not put all apples in one basket" as the saying goes

Gripens - are good fighters but I think they be great for lets say
if the mission was to protects the Pakistani AWACS , as their
speed some what matches that of Sukhoi-30 fighters -

24 -Gripens to protect 3 AWACS, from tacatical Prespective
they would probbly integrate easily with Saab built AWACs

"Rapheal is a wonderful plane with AESA radar and quite a few flying hours under the belt"

What that means is that it can simultaneously engage air and ground units so from a Tactical point of view , if I wanted a font line fighter , which can support the Army , I would definitely pick teh Rapheal provided its not a downgraded version

I would get 40 Rapheals due to their Tactical usage -

My ideal preference would be

1 - 24 Euro Fighters (If we can get them by 2015)
or
2 - 32 Rapheals from France (If we can get them by 2012)

or

3 - 32 Gripens (If we can get them by 2012)

or
24 F16 Block F (If we can get them by 2014 - Two batches)

or 40
F15 E, as its a very wonderful airplane and US is done with these
but its wonderful option

So technicaly by 2015

Pak Airforce will have

>300 - JF17 Thunder
>60 - F16
>36 - j10
>32 - Rapheal

- AESA radar would be the deal maker -

An equally important - need for Pakistan is An Air defence system - to compliment the airforce for protecting border cities a capable air defence system could engage and destroy 4-5 planes out of 20 intruding airforce before they even engage any of our fighters -

For Pakistani Needs, Rapheal would be wonderful option with AESA radars if the need
is to deploy the units for duel purpose air and land operations, its a plane with countless
hours and its coming from french whome pakistan already done business with Mirage planes saga.

If the need is for AWACS protection I would pick Gripens, and airplane that could match Sukhoi-30 in term of speed

If the option is to get more F16 then definily get the F16 Block F - as they do have the AESA Radars -

Best PRICE range would be F15 E speed and trusted bird with hours logged in Gulf war, and current wars - would give the airforce much needed eperience with duel engine crafts - and also give some potention to strike deep into enemy lines with its flying capabilities -

USA will be replacing its 1000+ F16 block C and 900+ F15 so price wise we could get a deal - on these.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom