What's new

Possibility for PAF

naseebkhanniazi

Reaction score
paf is trying to hi there number's of fighter's

asian defence

It is widely presumed the UAE will require Dassault to take back the used fleet and find them new homes. For the transfer to work politically, the 2000-9 fighters may have to be picked by another Arab state, such as Egypt or Pakistan. However, Romania is reportedly also involved in talks for the UAE's used fighters.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

paf is trying to hi there number's of fighter's

asian defence

It is widely presumed the UAE will require Dassault to take back the used fleet and find them new homes. For the transfer to work politically, the 2000-9 fighters may have to be picked by another Arab state, such as Egypt or Pakistan. However, Romania is reportedly also involved in talks for the UAE's used fighters.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Well first of all Pakistan is not an Arab state it is in south asia. Now what you are suggesting is that PAF is trying to get the Mirage 2000-9. What i think is that this will not happen. The reason is that the fighter is an advanced fighter so i doubt that UAE will replace all of them. Another thing is that the fighter is expensive even though its second hand. Pakistan has fighter programs going already so i doubt that they will try and go for an used fighter which is also very expensive.

Well first of all Pakistan is not an Arab state it is in south asia. Now what you are suggesting is that PAF is trying to get the Mirage 2000-9. What i think is that this will not happen. The reason is that the fighter is an advanced fighter so i doubt that UAE will replace all of them. Another thing is that the fighter is expensive even though its second hand. Pakistan has fighter programs going already so i doubt that they will try and go for an used fighter which is also very expensive.

with thunders,Vipers and FC-20 we dont need any further hassle at the moment..................Thank you UAE..................but we dont need them:coffee:

Sir i think PAF is planning to expand its number of squadrons too , so lets see if Pakistan gets a good deal for Mirage 2000-9 .i think its not bad to have them as we already have Mirage rebuild factory and Mirage infrastructure is already in place.

2 squadrons would be enough if , they come on a good deal , and UAE realises our Problems ...

Today they help us Maybe tomorrow we will help them.:pakistan:
Regards:

Sir i think PAF is planning to expand its number of squadrons too , so lets see if Pakistan gets a good deal for Mirage 2000-9 .i think its not bad to have them as we already have Mirage rebuild factory and Mirage infrastructure is already in place.

2 squadrons would be enough if , they come on a good deal , and UAE realises our Problems ...

Regards:

but this would distort resources as now PAF would be fully concentrating on Thunders and probably preparing for FC-20s I think Mirages are a very distant possibility. At least nothing on official front

Regards:

THANK'S
for this usefull post actully PAF is trying to fill the gap by this type of deal's they also buy the useless plan's from lebia the use the parts for upgrad old mirage thats why this deal have weight let see what happen :cheers:

THANK'S
for this usefull post actully PAF is trying to fill the gap by this type of deal's they also buy the useless plan's from lebia the use the parts for upgrad old mirage thats why this deal have weight let see what happen :cheers:

You are welcome , i just wanted to post some more points on this topic.

1: First reason why i would say that we should buy these Mirage 2000-9's is that THIS IS THE BEST OPTION for filling our gap and to counter IAF MKI/MMRCA threat more effectively , and i am optimistic that if we go for these Birds then Arabs will give us a very good deal. As i have said before they know what we are going through.
UAE has ""Gifted :azn:power plants "" to Pakistan , this shows their stance on Pakistan.
Secondly we are due to replace our old F-7's and A-5's and Mirages with our JF17 thunder which is really good.
But just think of this , Our BOYS getting out of Flight acadamy and first experiance they will have would be a JF 17 thuder or a Mirage 2000-9 , a huge leap in Combat training where our ""kids"" will fly these birds not the Old crap , this definately have a Boosting effect on training .

2nd reason is that our Pilots love their Mirages & vipers dont they ! . If we get these ones we will put them in Mirage rebuild factory & by the time it will come out this would be a NEW beast like no other because of our experiance with Mirage platform.

3rd reason : Viper is the best we have if we even have to have a little accessory for it we need US we cant modify it like Isreal :no:!! but we can make custom modifications in these mirages .

4th point: i would like to talk about some ""MISCONCEPTIONS"" about arabs in PDF forum , i have seen people talking about them that they are ABCDEFG but hang on a minute who are the first ones to respond to your misery ??

Remember the King Abdullah's statement on 2005 earthquake if not "" he ordered to make an Arieal bridge of Aid to Pakistan "" means if one C130 is landing on Chaklala the 2nd one must be on the runway taxing in Jeddah.:smitten:
Dont they say Paksitan:pakistan: the "" Fortress of Islam"" would'nt they provide some "horses & spears"" to protect it:cheers:!

Trust me guys i think we should go for this one they will give us a really good deal & BTW these birds have been just recently Upgraded by Dassault.

Lets see if it gets to AHQ.

Vipers / FC-20 / JF-17 thunder/ Mirage 2000-9's will do the job for US for time being.

9fb3a043b7e564215c43cc72236ae4ef.jpg

Regards::pakistan:

First of all, we need to put things in the proper perspective.

To the PAF, the Mirage 2000-5/-9 falls within the same "mature and high performance" fighter category as the F-16C/Ds. It is an integral category for PAF modernization as it allows us to possess very reliable and potent fighter aircraft to carry out multi-role operations, and to act as a yardstick for JF-17 & FC-20 to measure-up against - in terms of reliability, maintenance, availability, etc. Unless the PAF has a deep pocket, it will inevitably forced to choose between additional F-16C/Ds or these Mirage 2000-5/-9.

Now to the advantage of the Mirage 2000-5/-9: The PAF can equip them with the latest line of not only MBDA munitions, but also South African and indigenous systems - i.e. Ra'ad, H2/H4, etc. These fighters would be excellent strike aircraft, in addition to their good to air-to-air capabilities. I guess the biggest variable in the PAF acquiring or not acquiring these fighters is how flexible UAE and Dassault will be with regards to finances...

There is no doubt that 60 UAE + 12 Qatari would equal a very solid fleet.

i am thankfull both of you black blood and mark sien you realy explan the best and positive thing's wich have weight actully PAF is trying to defend the air space urgently after this PAF go for advance and attack statege :pakistan::pakistan:

I do not think PAF would off track which they have chosen already I mean to say, JF-17 and FC-20. Mirage 2000-9 is a good fighter, but remember one thing is its cost effectiveness. PAF opted for F-16s in 80's, not for Mirages even they were operating them successfully as their front line fighter. Now again they went for vipers not Mirage 2000-5/9. I am sure PAF would have found everything in JF-17s and specially in FC-20s.

For the newly passed out pilots from the academy i am sure, K8s would take care better and yes they would be sent to more advanced jets like Vipers, JF17s and FC20s. PAF always wanted a low cost, multi purpose jets like F16s in the past and now in the present.

I do not think PAF would off track which they have chosen already I mean to say, JF-17 and FC-20. Mirage 2000-9 is a good fighter, but remember one thing is its cost effectiveness. PAF opted for F-16s in 80's, not for Mirages even they were operating them successfully as their front line fighter. Now again they went for vipers not Mirage 2000-5/9. I am sure PAF would have found everything in JF-17s and specially in FC-20s.

For the newly passed out pilots from the academy i am sure, K8s would take care better and yes they would be sent to more advanced jets like Vipers, JF17s and FC20s. PAF always wanted a low cost, multi purpose jets like F16s in the past and now in the present.

How would you accomodate the gap till 2014 even 2016 because of ws~10 thing?

actully mirage deals or this type of any deal help to fill the gap otherwise PAF know's better that the need of regonal problem's and inshallah PAF do better

i think JF 17 is better than our old mirage no offence we dont need same type of weapons we need to change with the world of modern weapons and warefare every day is new day in world of weapons u need to look forward not backword

BEST POSSIBILITY FOR PAF IS TO SAVE MONEY! THATS IT

JF17 J10 F16 enough right now. Just save money and thn go for rafale or any other aircraft in catagory. Dont spend money 2 years old child. When someone offer us ABCDEFGH dosnt meant we goo for just save money for few years thn go for single platform.

How would you accomodate the gap till 2014 even 2016 because of ws~10 thing?

Block 52 F16s will fill the gap and fleet of present mirages and F7PGs will be available till 2014...I am sure Thunders will be fully functional both in quantity and quality

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom