What's new

'Pope John Paul II wished to take a dip in Ganga'

Wrong - the sixteen thousand Gopikas are a physical representation of the worldly desires and Lord Krishna's marriage to them symbolizes the God's ability to control them.

In short control the worldly desires and elevate yourself to the status of God - the central concept of Hinduism.

And Desi - pls cutback on the dry humour when talking about Gods.

no mate..they were not gopicas..all of them were princess who were tortured by narkasura, after lord krishna killed narkasura all those princess asked Shri Krishna to marry him..Gopikas were different..
All these 16,108 wives of him had their own homes and Narada was amazed to see that lord krishna was in each and every one of those house :)

It is not metaphor, people really believed the river is holy and it will wash away sins. Such meaning are given afterwards.

Again wrong - that is the original meaning.

But the Rishis unable to explain the deep meaning behind this concept to each and every one just simplified it to the layman as is known today.

BTW my signature as you see it is just a three word invocation to Lord Shiva - can you explain the meaning behind it ?

no mate..they were not gopicas..all of them were princess who were tortured by narkasura, after lord krishna killed narkasura all those princess asked Shri Krishna to marry him..Gopikas were different..
All these 16,108 wives of him had their own homes and Narada was amazed to see that lord krishna was in each and every one of those house :)

That is what mythology says -this the hidden meaning as I heard in one satsang and pretty much coincides with the Dharmic concept.

BTW aren't we going terribly offtopic. A Pakkistani defence forums should be the last place to discuss hidden meanings in Dharmic spirituality. :D

Hinduism is not an organized religion compared to Christianity, Judaism, Islam or even Sikhism at some extent.

It's very difficult to comprehend a philosophy with a mythological coating of scientific facts if you have a head full of ignorance.

I found this interesting too

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what mythology says -this the hidden meaning as I heard in one satsang and pretty much coincides with the Dharmic concept.

we are talking of mythology..what about resent history , just 300-400 years back....isn't Taj mahal was a Shiv tample !

we are talking of mythology..what about resent history , just 300-400 years back....isn't Taj mahal was a Shiv tample !

Lol I'm not going there. But if you are interested in it I can direct you to a site where there was a good discussion on it.

Again wrong - that is the original meaning.

But the Rishis unable to explain the deep meaning behind this concept to each and every one just simplified it to the layman as is known today.

BTW my signature as you see it is just a three word invocation to Lord Shiva - can you explain the meaning behind it ?

Well then, why people still literally take dip in ganga when I can do it metaphorically sitting here.
Also, many other rivers are considered holy by hindus not only ganga.

That is a different topic. As per the original Badshahnama of Shah Jahan, the Taj was built by Raja Mansingh as a palace, probably in the time of Akbar, and then purchased by Shah Jahan and converted into a tomb.

That is a different topic. As per the original Badshahnama of Shah Jahan, the Taj was built by Raja Mansingh as a palace, probably in the time of Akbar, and then purchased by Shah Jahan and converted into a tomb.

Why would a hindu king build such large dome structure as palace. The land could have belonged to raja.

Well then, why people still literally take dip in ganga when I can do it metaphorically sitting here.

Yes - if you are spiritually upto the challenge.

And people please no Tajmahal discussion - here is a good link to continue that - Link

Am I surrounded by complete mad people in this thread. What else do you know.

so , you are new and un-aware of the facts that Taj mahal was a palace build by Raja Mansingh and the tomb was a shive tample .....

Sure, one doesn't have to go anywhere. But rituals have their own value, if one keeps in mind their deeper meaning. Indic spirituality is in harmony with nature, so it is natural that other rivers like the Narmada, the Kaveri, the Sindhu are held in high regard.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom