What's new

Poor diet in India

Then why u have changed the title and put up a false headline????????

Well intentional violation of copyright or flame??

You being the biggest troll complaining of this, is the funniest thing i've heard in a while.

can you "please" keep it to "simple" English, its quite difficult for me to comprehend.

Solly ...

here is the succinct version: according to some, this "malnutrition" was no less population control with "Indian characteristics" ...

I emphasize "was" since I don't personally believe this is the main motivation today so much as it is just consequence of good ol' bureaucratic inertia.

And I for one question the magazine's conclusion about switching from giving food to "dispensing" cash to the most poor ...

Could be due to the vegetarian diet.

Yes ur right.

lol vegetarian diet is most healthiest diet. its just the way food is prepared and the combinations of pulses,cereals and vegetables.

No need to lol if u don't know whole truth.

I will give u some example:

I know a brahmin family who don't eat onion/garlic or soyabean etc.

There is a Jain family is 100% vegetarian +they don't eat onion/garlic + Don't eat potatoes/radish/carrot/honey/milk etc. etc.

1. These types of Food taboos in a veg diet complicates the things.

2. But, these communities consumes these types of food for thousands of years and are surviving, they are more fit then anyone else also they do particular types of occupation. So they don't need extra fat and protein etc.

Balanced vegetarian diet is a luxury. Vegetarianism is for rich people really. When the funding increases changes could be made the meal provided but in the mean time something needs to be done. Protein rich stuff like kidney beans and soy meat could be introduced along with meat for people who eat meat. Milk and Eggs along with fruits like banana should be added to the meal.

Indeed Roy. Even low-glycemic index, inherently less diabetogenic Basmati rice is a "luxury" compared to regular white rice, which is quite unfortunate. I tell every East Asian who cares to ask to switch to Basmati rice or brown rice.

This is why, many indian's I have met have been of short stature and weak physical nature, in comparison to Pakistan's, it must be due to poor diet.

Indeed Roy. Even low-glycemic index, inherently less diabetogenic Basmati rice is a "luxury" compared to regular white rice, which is quite unfortunate. I tell every East Asian who cares to ask to switch to Basmati rice or brown rice.

Basmati is a luxury in India because most of it will get exported to western countries.

Basmati is a luxury in India because most of it will get exported to western countries.

And it's a luxury here comparatively, too. I eat it every chance I get in lieu of white rice. It tastes better than brown rice.

This is why, many indian's I have met have been of short stature and weak physical nature, in comparison to Pakistan's, it must be due to poor diet.

For my entire life i am a vegetarian i never suffered from weak physic or stunt growth am 5.11 & weighing 90kg...most brahmins are vegetarians & most have good physic...in food veg or nonveg doesnt matters, what really matters is balanced diet...most chinese eat Non veg food still they are short...& plZZ dont start the Pure Aryan thing again....

For my entire life i am a vegetarian i never suffered from weak physic or stunt growth am 5.11 & weighing 90kg...most brahmins are vegetarians & most have good physic...in food veg or nonveg doesnt matters, what really matters is balanced diet...most chinese eat Non veg food still they are short...& plZZ dont start the Pure Aryan thing again....

:rofl::rofl::rofl: He has a fertile imagination ...let it remain so

I personally know a couple of South Asian body builders who are vegetarians (but not vegans).

It goes back to roy_gourav's point that decent vegetarian food with a sound and proper protein balance costs more money than an average non-vegetarian, meat-based diet ... here in Canada at least.

But there is no question which one is healthier.

Not sure how the cost factor pans out in India.

Malnutrition is not due to Veg or Non-Veg diet but due to bad eating practices, poor people from villages eat only rice and some pickles which lack in proteins and fats. As some one pointed out that whole sum vegetarian diet can only be afforded by rich people, poor people should be educated in good eating habits and people from coastal areas should take cue from Bengali's in getting daily dose of proper protein.

I'm not kidding, the majority with a few exception's of indian's have short stature with poor upper body development, in comparison to Pakistani's - it makes sense to think it is because of their poor diet.

Proper vegetarian diet with full veggies will also make you look younger for more time. Its better to cut meat once your body stop growing and metabolism started decreasing.

I think you're supporting roy_gourav's arguments

Balanced vegetarian diet is a luxury. Vegetarianism is for rich people really. When the funding increases changes could be made the meal provided but in the mean time something needs to be done. Protein rich stuff like kidney beans and soy meat could be introduced along with meat for people who eat meat. Milk and Eggs along with fruits like banana should be added to the meal.

I think Chinese people are more tall, than the average indian, I can vouch for that on the basis of my own experience, Chinese people are on average taller than they were just a decade ago.

Back
Top Bottom