What's new

Poll: Turkey's possible future union

In which union do you want Turkey in ?

• Total voters
I just know it....By the way you comment some issues
I vent my Opinion but Iam not Expert like you, You are Well read Person, I use inet for trolling, or for fun Iam not Dedicated like you & KALU_MIAH, Armstorn, Sinan, Xenon, ATATWOLF, RMI5 :partay:

Last edited by a moderator:
But Iraq is in war and who knows whats going to happen?

That's way it's an 'almost' case. Iraq's war is not a civil war, it's a fight against terrorists and although the PM may change, but major policies won't change and it's very highly unlikely that ISIL captures any more major cities/areas. It'll settle finally.

That's way it's an 'almost' case. Iraq's war is not a civil war, it's a fight against terrorists and although the PM may change, but major policies won't change and it's very highly unlikely that ISIL captures any more major cities/areas. It'll settle finally.
Lets wait for it to settle then.

I have two statement to be given here:

1.Once USA/NATO military base is in our country, it will make psychological impact to the population. They will feel inferior and dependence on such power in a psychological level.

2.Joining EU can also be a disaster when Turkey starts to change their currency into Euro, it will hurt Turkey export in the future.

Bro, in my personal opinion, NATO membership has provided a sense of stability and security that has allowed Turkey to become more democratic (I am not saying it is perfect :) ) and also to grow its economy in recent decades. So looking at that angle, I believe Turkish leaders made the right decision in 1952 to join NATO. And I believe Turkey should stay within the security framework of NATO till a better alternative emerges, lets say in the form of SCO, if the key leaders there, China and Russia, are ready and willing to accept Turkey there as a full member. I believe this can happen in 15-30 years, or even within a decade if appropriate and timely CBM's are followed.

Turkey could join EU without joining the common currency Euro regime in Eurozone:
Eurozone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
400px-Eurozone_map.svg.png

Only the countries in blue are in Eurozone, while the red are EU members that did not join Eurozone common currency regime. The problem with EU is that they have been stalling for decades and many key member countries' leaders (France and Germany) oppose full membership and prefer a privileged partnership.

Here are some interesting reference materials:

History of Turkey and NATO:
http://www.politics.ankara.edu.tr/dergi/tybook/11/Mehmet_Gonlubol.pdf

A view from the Middle-east:
Turkey: Security from NATO, ‘Bread’ from the Middle East - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

NATO PR, interview with Turkish journalists:
http://www.nato.int/docu/review/2012/turkey-greece/Turkey-60-years-NATO/EN/index.htm

Israel would rather see Turkey out of NATO:
A NATO Member on the Edge | FrontPage Magazine

Turkish view about future SCO membership:
On Turkey’s Membership to Shanghai Cooperation Organization and Customs Union - Hazar Strateji Enstitüsü

Earliest estimate of EU accession is about a decade away:
Accession of Turkey to the European Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A 2013 poll showed Turkish support for the EU bid at one third of the population, and opposition to double that share.[138]

According to the Transatlantic Trends survey for 2012, 53% of Turks have an unfavorable view of the European Union[139] and most Turks believe that working with Asia is more important to their national interests than working with Europe.[140] 44% of Turks believe EU membership could be good for the economy in contrast with 61% for EU citizens.[141] During an interview with Euractiv, EU Minister Egemen Bağış stated that: "This is what Europe needs to do: they need to say that when Turkey fulfills all requirements, Turkey will become a member of the EU on date X. Then, we will regain the Tukish public opinion support in one day."[142]"
Guido Westerwelle said "We need to get new momentum in the negotiating process. If we aren't careful, the day will come when Europe's interest in Turkey is greater than Turkey's interest in Europe."[156][157]"

I think a decade is enough time for China to rise sufficiently and get this SCO thing in order and make both itself and Russia ready for full membership of Turkey in SCO and Eurasian Economic Union (EaEU). When both options become available for Turkey then, a full membership of EU and full membership of SCO and EaEU, that will then be the time to make a final decision for Turkish people, which direction they want to go, Europe or Asia.

LOL :lol: dude you made me laugh.

Could be I don't know that much, but I live in the biggest of the "big boys" and know it pretty well I think.

The critical mass or escape velocity you need to escape from the gravitational pull of the "big boys" and make a pole of your own in the future multi-polar world is population size and level of HDI of that population. Lets look at the countries that are able to stay out of any "big boy" sphere of influence. China, population 1.3 billion, India, population 1.2 billion. Russia used to be a big boy, now slowly it is becoming a Chinese vassal, because of its small population and small economy, a function of the population size. Even with so much resources, its economy is not growing very fast and HDI level is not going up much. The breakup of Soviet Union and the loss of Warsaw pact sphere of influence pretty much ended the status of big boy for Russia. Ottoman empire with its vast population used to be a big boy before its breakup, but Turkey, the rump successor state, cannot go for that status, even with Central Asia.

I spent at least a year in Central Asia, I know how it is in Kyrgyzstan, it is almost a 3rd world country, unsafe to walk outside at night, in Bishkek city center. Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan I don't know well, but from my Kyrgyz friend I heard that from all 3 Turkic stans and Tajikistan (by the way they have Turkic admixture as well, only their language is Persian), most young people go to Russia as migrant workers and there is huge remittance from Russia. Only exception is Kazakhstan, which has a per capita GDP as high as Russia, because it has oil and gas.
14y4i0.png

Please compare Tajik, Turkmen and Turks admixture. Also please check out yellow Altai (Yakut type) genetic admixture in Russians, possibly from Finno-Ugrics. It seems Russians are fellow Altaians as well. We can see similar level of Altai admixture for Han Chinese as well, but the admixture probably come from their Turkic, Mongolic and Tungusic northern neighbors.

Now there is a lot of Gulenist schools, unversities and businesses in the places I have been to, which is a great thing and I support Turkish presence there and hope to see more of it, but the Turkish influence is no way comparable to Russian influence yet.

Turkey population: 77 million
Central Asia: 67 million

Total: 144 million

That is just about the size of Russia's population. But Russia just launched the Eurasian Economic Union:
Eurasian Economic Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Turkey
A statement by the Kazakhstan Presidential Office on the 6 June 2014 says that Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev told Turkey president Abdullah Gül, to join the Eurasian Economic Union.[56] The statement was released the day after the fourth summit of the Cooperation Council of Turkic-Speaking States (Turkic Council) on June 4 and 5 in the Turkish port city of Bodrum."

My best advice to Turkish brothers and friends would be to follow the advice of fellow Turkic brother, Kazakh Khan Nazarbayev, and join the EaEU.:enjoy:
union with russia

moldova
2006 Russian ban of Moldovan and Georgian wines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Moldova–Russia relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Russian military presence in Moldova continues to this day, against the will of the Moldovan Government.

ukraine
russia ask ukraine to boycott turkmenistan ask in order to prevent turkmenistan to sell it's gass to china but they faild after this turkmenistan refused to resume the selling the gas to ukraine and russian wont help their ally in power in ukraine , ukranine lost it's cheap gas from turkmenistan and force to buy expensive gas from russia no need to add the russian separation policy of the countries ! and involving them self in Ukraine internal issues
2014 Russian military intervention in Ukraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
belaruss

In 2009, a serious diplomatic row erupted between the two countries. President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko accused Russia of offering a $500 million loan on the condition that Belarus recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia, but added that the position of Belarus was not for sale. Lukashenko has declared that Belarusian citizens must abide by Georgian laws when traveling to the two regions, and the Foreign Ministry has stated that all Belarusian citizens must use points of entry on the Georgian side. Lukashenko declared that instead of Russia, Belarus should "look for happiness in other parts of the planet". Commenting on the close military cooperation between the two countries, Lukashenko likened Belarus' 10 million people as a human shield for Russia against the West, a service that he said "was not free".[7] In July 2009, the so-called Milk War erupted, when Russia banned all dairy imports from Belarus, saying that they did not comply with new regulations. Belarus accused Russia of employing the ban for political reasons, while Russia denied that the ban was political. Russia soon lifted the ban and Belarus resumed deliveries of dairy products to Russia. However, a new dispute arose when Russia claimed that Belarus owed $231 million for gas supplies it had used since the start of the year. Belarus threatened to introduce Border and Customs control on its border with Russia, and refused to attend Collective Security Treaty Organization talks in Moscow. In an interview, President Lukashenko questioned the necessity of diplomatic relations with Russia, since Russia is "blockading" Belarus.
2009 Russian ban of Belarusian dairy products - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
policy of force like always
armenia
except arming their arch enemy azerbijan i remember when iran offer far cheap price gas for armenian they jump in and first force iran and armenia to end it later they make rule for armenian for buy cheap gas from iran , by this rule armenia can only import gas from iran as much as russia so in order to buy more cheap gas first armenia have to increese it's gas import from russia

kazakhistan
Russia Risks Alienating Kazakhstan, Belarus » Geopolitical Analysis & Forecasting

still i remember in doma russian politicians demand kazakhstan north end part these vice silents when kazakhs move their capital far northern
u can see kazakhistan policy about ukraine and Georgia was different than russia , Kazakhstan economy get damage cuz of russian action in ukraine and west sanctions

tajikestan
Russian-Tajik Relations: A Dependence-Driven Alliance
Kyrgyzstan

same as tajikistan im sure @telkon have much more to say
uzbekistan
russia makeing dam in tajikistan to use the water as laverage over turkmenistan and tajikistan
turkmenistan
russia use everything to isolate this country and make it allyless russian buy turkmenistan gas with very very cheap price and sell that gas with far more price to EU russia pervent turkmenistan to sell it's gas to EU when turkmenistan tried to sell it's gas to china russia along with iran and ukraine boycotte turkmenistan gas leave turkmenistan with out income , turkmenistan force to fire people from governmental jobs and close all deportment out side of capital hospital / fire deportment all except police deportment closed they force to cut the Pensions result was the death of a lot of old mens whom dont have any other income their action destroyed turkmenistan plan for modernization of it's industry and emptied the central bank , condition remain same until pipline buildted to china but turkmenistan's econamy and social still suffer the boycotte's effects
today still they taking their share form turkmenista's gas
The Global Intelligence Files - [OS] RUSSIA/TURKMENISTAN - Turkmenistan: Russians Said "Panicked" About Leaving
both turkmens and uzbeks were test subject for russian bio weapens in soviet era
iran
stop delivery of the S-300 ,their actions in armenia stop iran for haveing good gas market in armenia , they badly hurt relations between iran and turkmenisa , iran's positions fall in turkmenstan and give the raise of turkey , they lose turkmenista's greatest projects they also kicked from gas/oil industry recently turkmenistan ban the iran's cement turkey take iran and russian place in turkmenistan Israel open embessy in asghabat

stay with russia to get damage

Turkish influence is no way comparable to Russian influence yet.

Is Russia Abandoning Turkmenistan? | Chronicles of Turkmenistan

Last edited:
union with russia

moldova
2006 Russian ban of Moldovan and Georgian wines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Moldova–Russia relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ukraine
russia ask ukraine to boycott turkmenistan ask in order to prevent turkmenistan to sell it's gass to china but they faild after this turkmenistan refused to resume the selling the gas to ukraine and russian wont help their ally in power in ukraine , ukranine lost it's cheap gas from turkmenistan and force to buy expensive gas from russia no need to add the russian separation policy of the countries ! and involving them self in Ukraine internal issues
2014 Russian military intervention in Ukraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
belaruss

2009 Russian ban of Belarusian dairy products - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
policy of force like always
armenia
except arming their arch enemy azerbijan i remember when iran offer far cheap price gas for armenian they jump in and first force iran and armenia to end it later they make rule for armenian for buy cheap gas from iran , by this rule armenia can only import gas from iran as much as russia so in order to buy more cheap gas first armenia have to increese it's gas import from russia

kazakhistan
Russia Risks Alienating Kazakhstan, Belarus » Geopolitical Analysis & Forecasting

still i remember in doma russian politicians demand kazakhstan north end part these vice silents when kazakhs move their capital far northern
u can see kazakhistan policy about ukraine and Georgia was different than russia , Kazakhstan economy get damage cuz of russian action in ukraine and west sanctions

tajikestan
Russian-Tajik Relations: A Dependence-Driven Alliance
Kyrgyzstan

same as tajikistan im sure @telkon have much more to say
uzbekistan
russia makeing dam in tajikistan to use the water as laverage over turkmenistan and tajikistan
turkmenistan
russia use everything to isolate this country and make it allyless russian buy turkmenistan gas with very very cheap price and sell that gas with far more price to EU russia pervent turkmenistan to sell it's gas to EU when turkmenistan tried to sell it's gas to china russia along with iran and ukraine boycotte turkmenistan gas leave turkmenistan with out income , turkmenistan force to fire people from governmental jobs and close all deportment out side of capital hospital / fire deportment all except police deportment closed they force to cut the Pensions result was the death of a lot of old mens whom dont have any other income their action destroyed turkmenistan plan for modernization of it's industry and emptied the central bank , condition remain same until pipline buildted to china but turkmenistan's econamy and social still suffer the boycotte's effects
today still they taking their share form turkmenista's gas
The Global Intelligence Files - [OS] RUSSIA/TURKMENISTAN - Turkmenistan: Russians Said "Panicked" About Leaving
both turkmens and uzbeks were test subject for russian bio weapens in soviet era
iran
stop delivery of the S-300 ,their actions in armenia stop iran for haveing good gas market in armenia , they badly hurt relations between iran and turkmenisa , iran's positions fall in turkmenstan and give the raise of turkey , they lose turkmenista's greatest projects they also kicked from gas/oil industry recently turkmenistan ban the iran's cement turkey take iran and russian place in turkmenistan Israel open embessy in asghabat

stay with russia to get damage

Is Russia Abandoning Turkmenistan? | Chronicles of Turkmenistan
Thanks for your input. Reasons like these are why Russia shouldn't be trusted. They smile in our face, but do everything to play dirty games in order to weaken our fellow Turkic countries and to create bad relationship between them.

Thanks for your input. Reasons like these are why Russia shouldn't be trusted. They smile in our face, but do everything to play dirty games in order to weaken our fellow Turkic countries and to create bad relationship between them.
your welcome bro some people think staying with russia making their country heaven what a stupid thought

Can you takeout India from Green? It just has 13% Muslims, not a Muslim country. BTW, they are Indian Muslims. In outside of India, they just represents themselves as Indian Muslims, nothing to do with Arabs or any other Muslims.

india is 25% or more Muslim

Different? you mean shia. Anyway, I don't like this mindset. Then Azeris would be a minority again, and their rights would be ruined again. What's the point for south Azeris to join such union? South Azeris are already in a religious type union country.
Sorry man, but, this word Ummah is a really disgusting word for me. We are living in the 21st century and there is no point in having a union with ultra backwards, aka muslim nations, and bringing 6-7th century arab rules to our homeland. In such cases, I would like Azerbaijan to be a part of a union with Russians or Europe, instead of being in a union with bunch of backward uncivilized desert dwellers.

extreme bigotry; pure propaganda

Last edited:
Okay this is a crazy idea.

If turkey joined the eurasian union along with the other turkic countries then the union would be a majority turkic union.

ha ha

Okay this is a crazy idea.

If turkey joined the eurasian union along with the other turkic countries then the union would be a majority turkic union.

ha ha
eurasian will be great if russians don't act like russians sadly it's not a union it's a just a new soviet union which all must follow russia and suffer for their actions there is no equal power for it's members

Back
Top Bottom