What's new

Poll: Turkey's possible future union

In which union do you want Turkey in ?

• Total voters
imo they only give green light to matters that don't harm them seriously. Russia wont mind good ties between Turkic countries, but anything that might threaten Russian influence on geopolitical and economical level won't be tolerated by them, im sure. They dont look warm to Trans caspian pipeline, they back Armenia against us etc = things that stand in our way to strengthen the relationship between Turkic countries, something we want, right? Personally, i wouldnt trust Russia so much.
they let turkey in to make opposite for china influence thats all ! china took 70 million population market from russia these two big boy are enemy of each other but since they have bigger enemy they smile to and call each other dude ! russia will do everything to prevent u in kavfkaz btw i agree with @atatwolf Russia is a declining power there is a big fight between russia&china and EU/USA usa is stronger than eu and china is stronger than russia eu/usa wants to stop china/russia to become more global power they want south american and africa for themselves

@Pakistanisage iran's gole is to separated turkey from energy and turkic country they want kurd and assad for it but right now isis block their gas to eu what they want is to see every one around iran as weak and dependent to iran and make their country for their markets they separate azerbijan from turkey since azerbijan are hostile with armenia and russia iran hands will opend to do what ever they like to do they will separate pakistan from turkic and arab and leave them with hostile india and afghanistan so pakistan wont seek new enemy this will open iran's hand in pakistan they will block the central asia from pakistan and azerbijan/turkey so they could buy their natural source with very cheap price and make them as market for themselves hole of this will be know as greater iran ! and russia/china will support it ! they will do anything to stop turkey to make turkic union ! when mullah come to power they were religious people so they start propaganda against secular turk whom were ally of west and godless russian hater turkics whom going to be ally of tukey than the west and take hostile policy against them in other hand they try to make good relations with arabs and even it's for for time being as i remember in time of president khatami iran was very popular in middle east but with the iran's atomic they turn against iran since they are united arab iran gets big problem dealing with them now they know if turkic union created they will have big problem in the north too and if arab and turks allied they will be in trouble

Last edited:
Almost every Turk emotionally wishes for either an ummah and/or union with Turkic countries. I believe this mindset/awareness will only increase in the future when Turkey definitely say goodbye to the EU (Turkish public support for EU is already very low) and when Turkic countries get rid of abundant Russian influence, like cyrillic alphabet etc. Although this is just an emotional wish, realistically SCO could be an option for Turkey in the distant future, but for now it's impossible. It means Turkics should give up sovereignty for foreign rule makers. Plus Turkey and Russia are not even that warm with each other, so they wouldnt be too happy about Turkey (or China) gaining decisive influence in Central Asia, which will automatically translate to influence over Turkics inside Russian soil as well. I can understand Russia's and China's concern. SCO is not an option. Maybe in the future if things radically change.

Of course for now SCO is not an option, sticking with NATO is best bet for the time being. But I am talking about a future that is 15-20 years from now, as a possibility. But it is hard to predict the future, many things can happen in between.

Central Asian countries have been under Russian empire or Soviet Union for centuries, so they are all Russianized and speak Russian. After the fall of Soviet Union, they are slowly moving away from Russia and they want to diversify, but they don't have too many good options, in the south they see very strong religious and underdeveloped population and in the east they have China. So they feel ok to stick with Russia for now and that is why Eurasian Union is becoming a reality. I think they would definitely like to see Turkey in SCO in the far future.

For Russia and China it will be a good thing to get Turkey as their ally to weaken the NATO. So overall I think it will become feasible in several decades.

So considering this possibility, Turkey need to plan future confidence building measures (CBM) with China and Russia, in my opinion.

China is already surrounded by Japanese allies.

China can't become super power because of hostile region towards China. Who is China's ally? Only Pakistan. All other neighbors of China want to see Chinese blood.

I see Japan as ally for Turkey instead of China. They can offer us more and they already helped us a lot already with projects. They are going to build our power plant. Also they are on our side in Uighur issue.

Most people think Japan is decreasing power. They are mistaken. Japan is military, economically and politically expanding.

Of course for now SCO is not an option, sticking with NATO is best bet for the time being. But I am talking about a future that is 15-20 years from now, as a possibility. But it is hard to predict the future, many things can happen in between.

Central Asian countries have been under Russian empire or Soviet Union for centuries, so they are all Russianized and speak Russian. After the fall of Soviet Union, they are slowly moving away from Russia and they want to diversify, but they don't have too many good options, in the south they see very strong religious and underdeveloped population and in the east they have China. So they feel ok to stick with Russia for now and that is why Eurasian Union is becoming a reality. I think they would definitely like to see Turkey in SCO in the far future.

For Russia and China it will be a good thing to get Turkey as their ally to weaken the NATO. So overall I think it will become feasible in several decades.

So considering this possibility, Turkey need to plan future confidence building measures (CBM) with China and Russia, in my opinion.
changing the side and what ? the same thing happened to turkey in nato/eu will happens in china/russia side if turkey are going to chose a side she must chose it as turan not turkey alone other wise turkey will remain under again

China is already surrounded by Japanese allies.

China can't become super power because of hostile region towards China. Who is China's ally? Only Pakistan. All other neighbors of China want to see Chinese blood.

I see Japan as ally for Turkey instead of China. They can offer us more and they already helped us a lot already with projects. They are going to build our power plant. Also they are on our side in Uighur issue.

Most people think Japan is decreasing power. They are mistaken. Japan is military, economically and politically expanding.
china also dont have any energy and they import 52% all of their gas from turkmenistan they will fall if u cat their energy !

Last edited:
changing the side and what ? the same thing happened to turkey in nato/eu will happens in china/russia side if turkey are going to chose a side she must chose it as turan not turkey alone other wise turkey will remain under again

china also dont have any energy and they import 52% all of their gas from turkmenistan they will fall if u cat their energy !

Turan is already with Russia/China, they are not with NATO/EU, so changing sides will allow Turkey to be with Turan. Turkic Central Asia and Azerbaijan - under Russian sphere of influence. Xinjiang - part of China. Turkic Altai, Siberia and Yakutia - part of Russia:
Turkic_language_speaking.PNG

Changing side also will give opportunity to Turkey to work with Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan - countries that have more in common with Turkey than NATO/EU, which is the Muslim angle:
isr-world.gif

East Asian part of SCO will also have around 400 million Muslims in Bangladesh and South East Asia.

So this switch will allow Turkey to kill three birds in one stone:
- access superior technology from China that will exceed that of NATO/EU in 15-20 years
- be under same umbrella with Turan
- be under same umbrella with a big part of the Muslim world (minus Arab world and Africa)

Not only will this switch be materially beneficial for Turkey, it will also be good for Turkey's soul as a nation, as it will reunite you with kindred people who will welcome you as family, instead of people who want to use you as security guard, but not make you a part of their family.

Japan and South Korea will also switch sides, in my opinion, when they see the SCO camp growing much more powerful than NATO and partners. But this will happen in 30-40 years time frame.

In any case, all of this is premature to discuss as none of this is taking shape yet, only these are possible and hypothetical future scenario.

Last edited:
Possible with the Iranian Mullahs in charge you think?

What's the main aspect of a union? I think it's economy, not military and not political cooperation. There is no immediate military threat for either of countries and except Syria, 2 countries don't have any major political rifts or differences. Current Iran-Turkey trade is about $20b and it'll hit $30b in 2 or 3 years. If I'm not mistaken, Iran is currently third largest trading partner of Turkey.

I'm all for such unions, that see REAL economic cooperation, not some symbolic ones with a weird name and a flag that never does anything real or constructive, like SCO.

We don't need a military union, we need an economical one and we have reached most of it, we are almost in that union and in coming years it'll advance even further. The best scenario would be other regional countries joining this, like Pakistan, Turkmenistan, Iraq (almost there) and others.

Military unions are too 20th century-ish now, that's my personal opinion. A political-economic union, like EU is too hard to achieve in ME, but an economic one is much easier and I personally consider Iran and Turkey 2 first members of this union, no matter how much we disagree with each other in regards to regional politics.

What's the main aspect of a union? I think it's economy, not military and not political cooperation. There is no immediate military threat for either of countries and except Syria, 2 countries don't have any major political rifts or differences. Current Iran-Turkey trade is about $20b and it'll hit $30b in 2 or 3 years. If I'm not mistaken, Iran is currently third largest trading partner of Turkey.

I'm all for such unions, that see REAL economic cooperation, not some symbolic ones with a weird name and a flag that never does anything real or constructive, like SCO.

We don't need a military union, we need an economical one and we have reached most of it, we are almost in that union and in coming years it'll advance even further. The best scenario would be other regional countries joining this, like Pakistan, Turkmenistan, Iraq (almost there) and others.

Military unions are too 20th century-ish now, that's my personal opinion. A political-economic union, like EU is too hard to achieve in ME, but an economic one is much easier and I personally consider Iran and Turkey 2 first members of this union, no matter how much we disagree with each other in regards to regional politics.
How is Iraq allmost there?

uzbekistan has a ability to produce airplaine including Ilyushin Il-76 their tech is will play key role in turan air line and air force

Tashkent Aviation Production Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

our spaceport is rdy in kazakhistan

Baikonur Cosmodrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

our satilites on the way along with space colonism

we have our bio wmd

Vozrozhdeniya island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CNS - Index - Former Soviet Biological Weapons Facilities in Kazakhstan

our union will not only be a economical but tech&science culture&sport militry&political when turan is united we must work in south america , africa and far east asia
turkey have 1000 aircraft combine of turkmenistan&kazakhistan&uzbekistan aircraft are about the 1000 now all of turan air force will be something between 2000-3000 almost as large as of all russian air force ! ! no need to mention of land force :D
politicly we will be strong if we support each other internationally , we will get the veto right

turan will have one of the world greatest energy&gold reservations ( country with energy azerbijan-turkmenistan-kazakhistan-uzbekistan) country with gold mine (uzbekistan (one of the 10 top in the world) Kazakhstan Kyrgyzstan Tajikistan Mongolia and turkmenistan (maybe) )
we will replace russian language with turkish we will make common histoy/root and culture center we will make our turan league which will improve our sports
imaged Japanese tech along with soviet made tech and turkish tech combined what things we can made with it ! we will share educations and science system

with this conditions we will have better time with big boys

@kalu_miah dude i realized u know nothing about the big boys , they only respect strength if are weak or not strong enough they will cripple u and take all of your natural resources like the thing russia did in central asia before china gets in
there is no "normal relations " can made with big boys they will keep u down in every turn turkey can exit this conditions if she make the turan and become more than regional power almost become a big boy than u will see in the middle of the fight between usa/eu and china/russia both side will offer their bests

Last edited:
uzbekistan has a ability to produce airplaine including Ilyushin Il-76 their tech is will play key role in turan air line and air force

we have our bio wmd

our union will not only be a economical but tech&science culture&sport militry&political when turan is united we must work in south america , africa and far east asia
turkey have 1000 aircraft combine of turkmenistan&kazakhistan&uzbekistan aircraft are about the 1000 now all of turan air force will be something between 2000-3000 almost as large as of all russian air force ! ! no need to mention of land force :D
politicly we will be strong if we support each other internationally , we will get the veto right

turan will have one of the world greatest energy&gold reservations ( country with energy azerbijan-turkmenistan-kazakhistan-uzbekistan) country with gold mine (uzbekistan (one of the 10 top in the world) Kazakhstan Kyrgyzstan Tajikistan Mongolia and turkmenistan (maybe) )
we will replace russian language with turkish we will make common histoy/root and culture center we will make our turan league which will improve our sports
imaged Japanese tech along with soviet make tech and turkish tech combined what things we can made with it ! we will share educations and science system

@kalu_miah dude i realized u know nothing about the big boys , they only respect strength if are weak or not strong enough they will cripple u and take all of your natural resources like the thing russia did in central asia before china gets in
there is no "normal relations " can made with big boys they will keep u down in every turn turkey can exit this conditions if she make the turan and become more than regional power almost become a big boy than u will see in the middle of the fight between usa/eu and china/russia both side will offer their bests

LOL :lol: dude you made me laugh.

Could be I don't know that much, but I live in the biggest of the "big boys" and know it pretty well I think.

The critical mass or escape velocity you need to escape from the gravitational pull of the "big boys" and make a pole of your own in the future multi-polar world is population size and level of HDI of that population. Lets look at the countries that are able to stay out of any "big boy" sphere of influence. China, population 1.3 billion, India, population 1.2 billion. Russia used to be a big boy, now slowly it is becoming a Chinese vassal, because of its small population and small economy, a function of the population size. Even with so much resources, its economy is not growing very fast and HDI level is not going up much. The breakup of Soviet Union and the loss of Warsaw pact sphere of influence pretty much ended the status of big boy for Russia. Ottoman empire with its vast population used to be a big boy before its breakup, but Turkey, the rump successor state, cannot go for that status, even with Central Asia.

I spent at least a year in Central Asia, I know how it is in Kyrgyzstan, it is almost a 3rd world country, unsafe to walk outside at night, in Bishkek city center. Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan I don't know well, but from my Kyrgyz friend I heard that from all 3 Turkic stans and Tajikistan (by the way they have Turkic admixture as well, only their language is Persian), most young people go to Russia as migrant workers and there is huge remittance from Russia. Only exception is Kazakhstan, which has a per capita GDP as high as Russia, because it has oil and gas.
14y4i0.png

Please compare Tajik, Turkmen and Turks admixture. Also please check out yellow Altai (Yakut type) genetic admixture in Russians, possibly from Finno-Ugrics. It seems Russians are fellow Altaians as well. We can see similar level of Altai admixture for Han Chinese as well, but the admixture probably come from their Turkic, Mongolic and Tungusic northern neighbors.

Now there is a lot of Gulenist schools, unversities and businesses in the places I have been to, which is a great thing and I support Turkish presence there and hope to see more of it, but the Turkish influence is no way comparable to Russian influence yet.

Turkey population: 77 million
Central Asia: 67 million

Total: 144 million

That is just about the size of Russia's population. But Russia just launched the Eurasian Economic Union:
Eurasian Economic Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Turkey
A statement by the Kazakhstan Presidential Office on the 6 June 2014 says that Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev told Turkey president Abdullah Gül, to join the Eurasian Economic Union.[56] The statement was released the day after the fourth summit of the Cooperation Council of Turkic-Speaking States (Turkic Council) on June 4 and 5 in the Turkish port city of Bodrum."

My best advice to Turkish brothers and friends would be to follow the advice of fellow Turkic brother, Kazakh Khan Nazarbayev, and join the EaEU.:enjoy:

Last edited:
I have two statement to be given here:

1.Once USA/NATO military base is in our country, it will make psychological impact to the population. They will feel inferior and dependence on such power in a psychological level.

2.Joining EU can also be a disaster when Turkey starts to change their currency into Euro, it will hurt Turkey export in the future.

What it has to do with Pakistan?
Do you want me to explain that for you....??? they Occupied all Central Asian States for many Years??
I have two statement to be given here:
1.Once USA/NATO military base is in our country, it will make psychological impact to the population. They will feel inferior and dependence on such power in a psychological level.
2.Joining EU can also be a disaster when Turkey starts to change their currency into Euro, it will hurt Turkey export in the future.
Hi brother, I changed my nick from Anoushirvan.....8-)
Nice to C u here :enjoy:

Last edited:
Yeah..I know it already, nice picture bro....
How you know that....I think its impossible...bcoz Webmaster changed my name :partay:

I have Picture of Bret the Hitman Hart.....Maybe you know him?? :smitten:

REMEMBER role of Pakistan in your Independence with ur all Central Asian Turk BUDDIES

We know brother, thank you..

we have our bio wmd

imaged Japanese tech along with soviet made tech and turkish tech combined what things we can made with it ! we will share educations and science system

You are a little kid with lots of delusions..Please get in to the real life and smell the coffee. Dont embarrass yourself further ( no offence intended )

Last edited:
How you know that....I think its impossible...bcoz Webmaster changed my name :partay:

I have Picture of Bret the Hitman Hart.....Maybe you know him?? :smitten:

I just know it....By the way you comment some issues :dirol:

I dont know that person on your avatar....... :drag:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom