What's new

Featured PNS Tabuk has been commissioned in Pakistan Navy

I fail to see the reason for so much fuss over a name. Our Navy decided to call these Corvettes on battles of the early Islamic era, what is the harm in that? The only difference is that at Tabuk the holy Prophet (PBUH) himself took part whereas Yarmouk was fought in 636 AD and led by Khalid bin Walid.

We must remember that names of the vessel, just like that of the human beings are only meant to differentiate one from another, and even if these Corvettes were called Chawinda and Lahore instead of their current names, it would not make the slightest of difference in their fighting capabilities. As Shakespeare said 400 years ago “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”

On a personal note; I like these names because they remind me of the fighting prowess of the early Islamic heroes.

I fail to see the reason for so much fuss over a name. Our Navy decided to call these Corvettes on battles of the early Islamic era, what is the harm in that? The only difference is that at Tabuk the holy Prophet (PBUH) himself took part whereas Yarmouk was fought in 636 AD and led by Khalid bin Walid.

We must remember that names of the vessel, just like that of the human beings are only meant to differentiate one from another, and even if these Corvettes were called Chawinda and Lahore instead of their current names, it would not make the slightest of difference in their fighting capabilities. As Shakespeare said 400 years ago “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”

On a personal note; I like these names because they remind me of the fighting prowess of the early Islamic heroes.

PNS Chawindah has a nice ring to it. TBH, i would rather see the forces pay homage to our fallen though through names, i.e how you have Minhasians for the PAF for example. I do think it would be cool, the US does something similar.

Hi pardon in advance to jump into the arena with the guns but can anybody let me know Allah almighty forbid any of these been sunk by enemy fire will it not effect psychologically on the force who is at fighting arms with their adversaries
better to have these on the names of fallen heroes
any suggestions by someone with more knowledge will be appreciated
thank you

I dont know much about naval warfare or what kind of ship is this. But I know that Pakistan does not have enough weapons as our budget constraints and poor economy does not allow us to buy weapons we need.

Our military survives on a very small budget. Its not good enough to even increase salaries of our soldiers who literally fight for this country and willing to lay their lives for a pittance.

The size of our country demands we have a stable and strong economy. Only then, we will be able to buy weapons we need so dearly.

I dont know much about naval warfare or what kind of ship is this. But I know that Pakistan does not have enough weapons as our budget constraints and poor economy does not allow us to buy weapons we need.

Our military survives on a very small budget. Its not good enough to even increase salaries of our soldiers who literally fight for this country and willing to lay their lives for a pittance.

The size of our country demands we have a stable and strong economy. Only then, we will be able to buy weapons we need so dearly.

eh, idk about that one. For a defensive country whose goal is self defense and not power projection, we are building up a pretty hefty navy, we also are building up a qualitatively and quantitatively powerful air force alongside a decent army. No complaints from me

It’s a real beauty- congrats. 🎉

15865C8A-B9F3-49DE-951A-42ADB6BF45D5.jpeg
1E6A5E28-EDD5-4D38-9B98-B9510A781F55.jpeg
BC4077DD-6CD6-4123-AD1F-F659BC4E516A.jpeg
9DE08916-FFFD-4F70-BF88-EE27EE57B025.jpeg
CE749081-0AF9-4E00-B116-6B7DD9ADE6A1.jpeg
49C2FA84-8D52-41AD-9D9C-A3E4EF31E9E9.jpeg
F60B9DE2-8ABA-4EBD-AA95-F338DDBBD2A8.jpeg

Mashallah good going Pak Navy, with limited resources great investment in potent vessels.

In the past Royal Navy named some of their ships as under:

Tribal class destroyers: Punjabi, Afridi, Tartar, Nubian, Mohawk, Ashanti, Sikh, Maori, Gurkha, Eskimo, Cossack, Bedouin etc. Named after marshal tribes in the empire.

Flower Class Corvettes: Mimosa, Bittersweet, Barrie, Arvida etc. All named after flowers.

River Class Corvettes: Mogog, Itchen, Teme, Valleyfield, Tweed, Cam, Cuckmere etc. All named after rivers in UK, Australia, New Zealand, & Canada.

US Navy Naming Regimes:

CVN: Presidents/ Admirals/notable contributors to the expansion of USN

Destroyers: Named after War of Independence heroes.

Frigates: Named after US Navy & Marine Corps. heroes.

SSBN: Named after States:

SSN: Named after major Cities

PN Naming regime:

Mughal Emperors, Great Muslim Generals, Islamic Ghazwas, Weapons of Prophet and Ashaab. General emotions associated with heroism or war fighting ex. Haibat, Himmat, Quwat,etc., names of local fishes in case of subs. and smaller cities

Not to be off-topic...but i would suggest powers at be to name the warships with beautiful & formidable mountain ranges of Pakistan.

Like PNS Karakuram, PNS Kirthar etc..we have more then 9 mountain ranges in Pakistan proper...enough for principle surface combatants in Pakistan Navy or atleast the new Type 54AP and turkish corvette can be named as such.

Not to be off-topic...but i would suggest powers at be to name the warships with beautiful & formidable mountain ranges of Pakistan.

Like PNS Karakuram, PNS Kirthar etc..we have more then 9 mountain ranges in Pakistan proper...enough for principle surface combatants in Pakistan Navy.

Insha Allah when we buy next destroyers from China. I'll be sure to write this suggestion to Naval HQ ISL and Naval war college Lahore :cheers:.

It is a fantastic tradition

• Old Gazwa
  • Old prominent Muslim Companions of Prophet
  • Cities of Prominent Islamic importance
  • Pakistani cities
  • Navy Officers of Pakistan

All are goo choices
eh, idk about that one. For a defensive country whose goal is self defense and not power projection, we are building up a pretty hefty navy, we also are building up a qualitatively and quantitatively powerful air force alongside a decent army. No complaints from me

One can't defend without usage of power, modern warfare Navy plays a vital role

PN is surely expanding, 10 years from now it will be biggest regional navy in size and fire power cross IoR after india. World in 2030 will be a different world altogether

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom