What's new

Featured PNS Tabuk has been commissioned in Pakistan Navy

Also sister ship "Yermook" is named after a Battle name. Battle of Yermook led by Hazrat Khalid Bin Waleed R.A.

BTW I like both names.

@Imran Khan I agree with you on names of Gaddafi, Faisal. At least name of Gaddafi Stadium should be change.

look how smart we are libyans thrown a dictator but Pakistan carry legacy
@Imran Khan yar iss ne to teri le li bhai LMAO

I understand that this is pretty barebones. What advanced weapons/sensors will this ship have?
How long will it take to make it a true corvette?
he is smart guy no dough sir
but then there is a philosophical explanation of his question .

1605424568510.png

look how smart we are libyans thrown a dictator but Pakistan carry legacy

he is smart guy no dough sir
but then there is a philosophical explanation of his question .

View attachment 688270

After a life that resembled yours. Borderline atheist. I choose Islam. Being muslim is not being slaves to Arabs. Extreme nationalism broke the last Caliphate of muslims. We were a superpower of the time. The entire caliphate like the United States. Extreme nationalism broke that. On one side they sent Major Lawrence on the other they sent The Young Turks and Ataturk Pasha.

Rulers of habibis and some of their folks are racist/arab superiority nationalists. But a whole lot of them believe in muslim brotherhood.

Light the rope on both ends and then watch the whole thing burn that's what the goras and zionists did. Nationalism is good as it gives you a certain degree of ghairat but extreme nationalism ruins everything.

Yar musalman bura hai. Islam nai. Gande musalmano ki waja se purey Islam ko demonize karna band kro.

After a life that resembled yours. Borderline atheist. I choose Islam. Being muslim is not being slaves to Arabs. Extreme nationalism broke the last Caliphate of muslims. We were a superpower of the time. The entire caliphate like the United States. Extreme nationalism broke that. On one side they sent Major Lawrence on the other they sent The Young Turks and Ataturk Pasha.

Rulers of habibis and some of their folks are racist/arab superiority nationalists. But a whole lot of them believe in muslim brotherhood.

Light the rope on both ends and then watch the whole thing burn that's what the goras and zionists did. Nationalism is good as it gives you a certain degree of ghairat but extreme nationalism ruins everything.

Yar musalman bura hai. Islam nai. Gande musalmano ki waja se purey Islam ko demonize karna band kro.
i respect your beautiful thoughts sir

because the saudis never name their ships or plane after our phirs like bahaudin zakaria. i mean tabuk is as important as zakaria preaching. is our identity inferior to the arabs. i mean being muslim doesn't mean i have to carry the arab on my shoulder. my allegiance is only to god, not to places.
The Pirs also claim to follow the Prophet Mohammad PBUH, and in merit the Prophet is superior to any Pir. The Saudis dont name after Pirs because they dont know about tese Pirs at all and they never spent anytime in their region, but we the Muslims of subcontinent know about Prophet Mohammad and all the Sahabas. The Prophet Mohammad PBUH never claimed to be a Prophet for Arabs but for entire humanity, so his legacy belongs to all Muslims.
We have names like Ghauri, Ghaznavi and Babur for our missiles - these names are from the history of Muslims in the subcontinent region.

Last edited:

Extreme Nationalism was more like Language based Ethnicity

Nationalism and Language based Ethnic Divide are two separate concepts, Nationalism is irrespective of what language you speak. While what Ottoman Empire endured was a problem in regions where people were categorized differently based on their Language.

To Coin up Arabs as Racist is not true , just like any nation every country have their own group of people who see themselves as Superior based on their Language , the Same Arabs also have housed Pakistanis
for over 20-30 years. In Pakistan there are many Rich Families who see themselves above other Pakistanis because they feel they have birth right over every thing based on their family name

Yes some of the Arabs are super rich , they have BMW or Lamborghinis or Ferraris etc. Some may be snobbish but it does not means you forget the folks who helped Pakistan on many occasions.

The difference exist , because people have not attempted enough to sit down and sort out their differences , and forgot the simple lesson , all people in Eyes of Allah are equal , only the one most pious and humble are his dearest

If the Arabs has not leant Pakistan Money or Deferred oil , our economy would have seen dire consequences , for every story their are two faces of coin. One must always remember the good side as well so balance can be maintained

• The Ships Tabuk and Yarmouk are both Traditional Names from Islamic Past History ,so they are a great addition they are not inducted that name based on a language but are based on Rich heritage , Islamic Heritage which is shared by all Muslims of world.

Every thing should be done in Moderation with ample self reflection

Nationalism is a great concept , it unites people of country irrespective of the minor language differences

Last edited:
The Pirs also claim to follow the Prophet Mohammad PBUH, and in merit the Prophet is superior to any Pir. The Saudis dont name after Pirs because they dont know about tese Pirs at all and they never spent anytime in their region, but we the Muslims of subcontinent know about Prophet Mohammad and all the Sahabas. The Prophet Mohammad PBUH never claimed to be a Prophet for Arabs but for entire humanity, so his legacy belongs to all Muslims.
We have names like Ghauri, Ghaznavi and Babur for our missiles - these names are from the history of Muslims in the subcontinent region.
so the saudis should start reading. and we have not named it after any sahabas and prophets. we named it after place. why don't we name it our cities. pakistanis don't have their own identities. just follow blindly the arabs till the time comes when they boot you to the ground, oh i forgot they is doing it now. why not name it after porus or some other great general or saint who fought for our people. look the prophet and sahabas were great people, but we don't own them gratitude to put them on our ships. they were arabs, yes, they fought for Islam and we will also fight for Islam but that doesnt mean that we also put their names. after all, this is an Pakistan navy ship not Islamic navy ship. apart from that, if Pakistani really want to do something better, they should put sharia instead of democracy, that will be much better than naming a ship after after a arab place.

Excellent Turn around time for the Ship, it was not 4-5 years for a ship
The 1.5-2 year figure is excellent

Has the ship been built to military standards or civilian? PNS Tabuk is based on a OPV, and they dont get to the same standards as a full military vessel.

How much is this contract worth btw, does anyone know?

The OPV should have some sort of SAM installed on it instead CIWS only, it is typical old PN thinking which has been already tested in 1971 war when IN attacked Pakistani port with missiles meanwhile PN ships and infrastructure was totally defense less.

Considering enemy huge size even second tier ships should have some sort of credible AD to provide them some sort of capability to withstand any sneaking missile attack.

so the saudis should start reading. and we have not named it after any sahabas and prophets. we named it after place. why don't we name it our cities. pakistanis don't have their own identities. just follow blindly the arabs till the time comes when they boot you to the ground, oh i forgot they is doing it now. why not name it after porus or some other great general or saint who fought for our people. look the prophet and sahabas were great people, but we don't own them gratitude to put them on our ships. they were arabs, yes, they fought for Islam and we will also fight for Islam but that doesnt mean that we also put their names. after all, this is an Pakistan navy ship not Islamic navy ship. apart from that, if Pakistani really want to do something better, they should put sharia instead of democracy, that will be much better than naming a ship after after a arab place.

I think naming the Ships after the Sahabas would haven ok first 4 and may be prominent leaders During Prophet's time.
Our Identity is that of Prophet Mohammad

8-)

Or the Ships should be named after past Soldiers of Pakistan Army who got awarded Nishan-e-Haider

The vessel has been built to commercial standards and not military with some military additions. This explains the build time and most likely the cost, but also makes the ships more vulnerable to hostile fire and battle damage and may have a lower hull life of 20years, rather than the 30-40 if built to military standards. HMS Ocean was also built to commerical standards for the Royal Navy.

As time 1.47, they state this clearly.

"OPV's are built to commerical standards , but some military requirements have been added as stated by PN"

Weapons to be added in Pakistan. This is a good video, people should watch it.

Interesting PDF on Naval Ship Design standards.

and interesting document on commerical versus military industries.

Last edited:
I think naming the Ships after the Sahabas would haven ok first 4 and may be prominent leaders During Prophet's time.
Our Identity is that of Prophet Mohammad

8-)

Or the Ships should be named after past Soldiers of Pakistan Army who got awarded Nishan-e-Haider
no i mean name it khalid bin waleed, i don't mind, but naming it places from saudi arabia is a bit too far fetched. its a ship name it after muslim admirals, name it after 65 71 and 99 veteran or shaheeds. no our identity is not that of the prophet, we follow the prophet. the Christian did the same to christ, they loved him so much they named him god.

no i mean name it khalid bin waleed, i don't mind, but naming it places from saudi arabia is a bit too far fetched. its a ship name it after muslim admirals, name it after 65 71 and 99 veteran or shaheeds. no our identity is not that of the prophet, we follow the prophet. the Christian did the same to christ, they loved him so much they named him god.
"naming it places from saudi arabia".

It's after the name of guzwa not place.

Sent from my XT1609 using Defence.pk mobile app

I agree with you on names of Gaddafi, Faisal. At least name of Gaddafi Stadium should be change.

Faisal mosque was made with the money given by Shah Faisal that's why the name was given. There is no significant mosque in Pakistan which has been made by the Pakistani government all the mosques are funded by the people themselves, Faisal mosque was the first mosque that was gonna be made by the Pakistan government but the whole project was funded by Shah Faisal.

Libya under Gadafi supported us with money, loans, arms and support for our country as well during our turmoil that's why the name was given.

You can read the things why the names are given to others things in Pakistan, there is a substantial reason for it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom