What's new

Featured PNS Tabuk has been commissioned in Pakistan Navy

what a ignorance the ship is not named after a city but a famous battle of islamic history which is our own history not of other country as islamic history is shared.

Ghazawa-e-Tabook was a ghazwa of our Prophet (SAW).
PAINT ON IT in 50 languages so everyone can see it . name tabuk is city name and whole world know it .

what about faislabad /qaddafi stadium and shekh zaid hosiptals shekh rashid airport etc etc ? ghulami bhari hai is mulk main .

Your name is also middle Eastern Islamic heritage name

Change it to sassi pleejo

Sir G, tomorrow people could ask for PNS Altaf Hussain/PNS Nawaz Sharif or PNS NANI Safdar SHARIF/PNS Bilawal BHUTTO Zardari. :D
Simply we could not afford the so popular list.
Then why not PNS Mujib?!?! At the least he surrendered to the Pak Ordu instead of fleeing to India, UK etc.!!!!

because the saudis never name their ships or plane after our phirs like bahaudin zakaria. i mean tabuk is as important as zakaria preaching. is our identity inferior to the arabs. i mean being muslim doesn't mean i have to carry the arab on my shoulder. my allegiance is only to god, not to places.
what a ignorance the ship is not named after a city but a famous battle of islamic history which is our own history not of other country as islamic history is shared.

Ghazawa-e-Tabook was a ghazwa of our Prophet (SAW).

Everyone is bored i see worried about the name where in reality should be happy that PN are getting these ships which will patrol EEZ and lay a hand in other duties of interest to the navy. Lets not get silly here be thankful and lets talk about better things then the damn name.

what about faislabad /qaddafi stadium and shekh zaid hosiptals shekh rashid airport etc etc ? ghulami bhari hai is mulk main .
Honouring the Ghazwa of Prophet(pbuh) is ghulami to you? what despicable useless pile of waste u are.
because the saudis never name their ships or plane after our phirs like bahaudin zakaria. i mean tabuk is as important as zakaria preaching. is our identity inferior to the arabs. i mean being muslim doesn't mean i have to carry the arab on my shoulder. my allegiance is only to god, not to places.
The holy Prophet(pbuh) and his sahaba did not carry Arab identity, they were for entire humanity. Do u have no alliegence to the Prophet(pbuh)?

The name is inspired by Ghazwa E Tabuk. Ghazwa E Tabuk was the last battle of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and the name of the ship is inspired by this Ghazwa. Tabuk (Arabic: تَبُوْك‎ Tabūk), also spelled Tabouk.

You can read the details in this link : http://mercyprophet.org/mul/node/549
Also sister ship "Yermook" is named after a Battle name. Battle of Yermook led by Hazrat Khalid Bin Waleed R.A.

BTW I like both names.

@Imran Khan I agree with you on names of Gaddafi, Faisal. At least name of Gaddafi Stadium should be change.

I see a text book case of our young generation drunk on the western perspective of things, the advent of Islam and all of its victories were credited as islamic or muslim victories by our own historians, it is the western scholors who term that age as advent of Arabs ( they do this to attack the pride and heritage of the larger world muslim community and minimize it down to Arab nationalism).

Uptill the fall of the Rashidun Caliphate, all of the victories are heritage of the entire muslim ummah, centre concept of Islam is to negate nationalism and adopt unity as an ummah under one banner of Islam. The western scholors try to undermine this concept by trying to encapsulate the basis of Islam into Arab nationalism. Time to follow the terminology of our Prophet(pbuh) rather than western scholors.

The Arabs of today can do whatever the F they want, the cradle of Islam has been handed down to several ethnicities over the course of history. The shift of Islamic capital from Medina to Kufa and subsequently to Damascus is testament to the fact that the Caliphates negated the idea of Arab nationalism.

Still if this simple explanation fails to crack some cocoheads, Banu Hashim, the true custodians of Islam were all persecuted and forced to migrate mostly to South Asia, my anscetors are from Hazrat Ali ( RA) and i am a proud Pakistani, so no the golden age of Islam does not belong to the Arabs of today.

If u have to attack foriegn names, attack the countless roads named after western colonial thugs all over Pakistan, specially in Lahore.

If they can be named after Preaidents like USS Ronald Regan, USS George Washington, USS Lincoln or Charles De Gaulles etc etc than why not our PMs.
Sir their presidents were not involved in corruption and in theft of tax payers money - ours PMs are champion of such activities.
I doubt even if you will find USS Nixon/Clinton/Trump in future.
name tabuk is city name and whole world know it .
Sir G, I believe you are not so ignorance of history, as you posed here.

Last edited:
People stop polluting this thread over name selection. This thread is to discuss the ship not its name so please stop derailing this thread with useless mumbling. There are plenty of examples with local names

PNS Larkana
Upcoming Jinnah Class frigates
Hangoor Class submarines
PNS MUhafiz
PNS Shah Jahan
PNS Munsif
PNS Moawin
PNS Jurrat
PNS Jalalat
PNS Gawadar

I can go on and on but i hope people get the point to not fret over name but rather fret over its abilities.

The ship has been named after a Middle Eastern place which has significant value as far as Islamic literature is concerned.

By using same logic,
Your name is 'Imran', and it was name of a prophet from Middle East.

The nomenclature is not bound by lines drawn on map.
@Imran Khan yar iss ne to teri le li bhai LMAO
Commissioning Ceremony of Pak Navy Ship TABUK held at Romania. PNS TABUK is a multipurpose & highly adaptive platform equipped with state of the art electronic warfare, anti-ship & anti-air weapons/sensors along with modern self-protection & terminal defence system.

Capable to embark multi-role Helicopter & UAV simultaneously & can perform variety of maritime Ops. During the ceremony CO PNS TABUK highlighted role & impact of these platforms in Indian Ocean Region & acknowledged the professional competence of DAMEN Shipyards.

I understand that this is pretty barebones. What advanced weapons/sensors will this ship have?
How long will it take to make it a true corvette?

Back
Top Bottom