What's new

PNS Babur confront the indian navy Ship

As opposed to Carbon steels, Aluminium is very susceptible to fire..though it does not catch fire..Aluminium alloy looses its strength at much lower temperature steel.

One of the reasons why two Amazon class frigates were lost in Faklands war..was their entire superstructure made Aluminium.

After the war these frigates were disposed off quickly..even though they only had served about a decade in Royal Navy, bought by Pakistani Navy and pressed in to service as destroyers.

While agreeing on the observations on the use of aluminium, the two Amazon frigates that were lost were NOT lost due to their structure being of this metal.

Ardent was hit by bombs dropped by Argentine aircraft on 21 May and was consumed by fire (damage control teams killed by
bombs) ;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Ardent_(F184)

Antelope was hit by bombs on 23 May, one of which was set off by the bomb disposal team attempting to defuse it on 24 May, causing the ship to catch fire, setting off her magazines resulting in her breaking her back and sinking.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Antelope_(F170)

Last edited:
IIRC a broad beamed variant of the 21 was also envisioned? I know Australia declined on this type.

Dunno about a broad-beamed Type 21, since the Type 21 was history as far as the IN was concerned. IN had another reservation about Type 21s viz the GT propulsion. Though IN was using GTs already on East-Bloc origin ships, the Amazon's GT were considered unsuitable for the purpose of long-endurance cruising since GTs were found to have degraded performance in Tropical Conditions.
What the IN did was to build broad-beamed and stretched Leanders with Steam Turbines instead which were better suited for sustained long-endurance performance. While the broad-beamed and stretched hull forms allowed dual Helo Hangars for the larger Sea-Kings. Since performance of British sonars (like most western-origin sonars) were found to be patchy, local development of Sonars commenced at that time. Which gave much consistently better results.

Last edited:
So u dint see hostility from your side of the ship...?

hostility would entail our guys opening fire on you....what was it from our side that was "hostile" :laugh:

SO, PN got the authority to do anything on International water?

just be grateful that b/c of our actions, 6 of your citizens go home to their mothers

Allah o Akbar is not a stupid slogan, Pakistan zindabad is not a stupid slogan---they maybe be inappropriate---but not stupid.

neither are inappropriate - except maybe to the butt-hurts across the border

Hi,

Actually a silent disciplined line would have been better----.

for both sides it was an unusually close encounter for an otherwise non-war environment at that time...so yeah, you had cheerleaders of sorts on both sides. Pakistan's side was the more disciplined one - we saved lives of those aboard the MV Suez vessel hijacked by Somali pirates and that included 6 indian lives

instead of being grateful, the indian fanboys on the forum make ruckus; the jokers aboard the other vessel were hurling childish language and behaving recklessly by being near our vessel in the first place

hostility would entail our guys opening fire on you....what was it from our side that was "hostile" :laugh:

just be grateful that b/c of our actions, 6 of your citizens go home to their mothers

grateful, this is same like , after America nuked japan, it helped in its development.

The captain of the ship should be court-martialed and dishonorably discharged.

Last edited:
This was honestly a big thing to do and scaring the hell out of indian navy. Calculated steering and hitting a Navy ship at this speed.. I will say bravo to the Pakistan navy. I bet the drivers must be looking at each other and smiling :)

This was honestly a big thing to do and scaring the hell out of indian navy. Calculated steering and hitting a Navy ship at this speed.. I will say bravo to the Pakistan navy. I bet the drivers must be looking at each other and smiling :)
typical pakistani behavior then.,..dont have the courage to actually face your enemy..backstab them when u r at peace...kudos Pakistanis..atleast u r consistent...

typical pakistani behavior then.,..dont have the courage to actually face your enemy..backstab them when u r at peace...kudos Pakistanis..atleast u r consistent...
Typical indian mind ... I'm talking about the steering and speed and smile and scare (basically enjoying that moment) .. sense and understand before commenting.

Typical indian mind ... I'm talking about the steering and speed and smile and scare (basically enjoying that moment) .. sense and understand before commenting.
u r acknowledging a cowardly behavior of Pakistani navy ship captain who did this stunt during a peace time against a ship which had no idea what was going on and put the lives of hundreds of Pakistanis sailors at risk not to mention Indians..If u find this amusing, then god help us all...if any thing had happened, it would have been an act of war...do u even understand that?

Back
Top Bottom