What's new

PNS Babur confront the indian navy Ship

no you are mixing up the Indians and Pakistanis. It was the Pakistani sailors saying Takbeer and the Indian ones (the ship from which the whole video is being shot and the men with camera,) that were abusing the Pakistanis. :D

The original video that first brought this incident to light was shot from the Pakistani ship. There was an extended video , the shortened one was shown on Indian TV channels.

there seemed to be a gun on the pns babur…

AICWS gun. Last of dreadnought class ( USS Iowa ) retired in 1980.

At this short distance, even a Naval gun won't work. Ramming is only option. And Indian Ship outclassed Pakistani ship, both in Armament and structural integrity.

if you had a bigger ship why did you sailors get scared??

Pakistanis have this loser mindset of thinking that if someone is not beating them blue and black, that person is scared of them.

just when you think u seen the worst of stupidity… i see this.

Are you calling your co-countrymen who bring allah in everything as stupid?

my czn was on that ship n he made video too... actaully PN was going to rescue Pakistani n Indian sailors from somalians... n indian wana take credit n one thing more it was Pakistan who paid ransom for both Indian n Pakistani sailors...

At this short distance, even a Naval gun won't work. Ramming is only option. And Indian Ship outclassed Pakistani ship, both in Armament and structural integrity.

Pakistanis have this loser mindset of thinking that if someone is not beating them blue and black, that person is scared of them.

Are you calling your co-countrymen who bring allah in everything as stupid?

no i was calling you stupid

Actually by just watching these videos, no one can clearly say whether it was the Pakistani ship that shifted left or was indian ship shifted right..

It was a sudden and unexpected maneuver by the PN ship. Probably no one, including the captain of the IN ship would have expected such recklessness from the PNS captain in peacetime and in international waters. They were not on a collision course until that sudden maneuver from behind. Not only that after the collision the IN ship clearly broke away towards left. Therefore I don't see how the INS captain was responsible for it.
I didn't say the IN captain was responsible. I said but captains acted irresponsible. There is a difference.

Fair point about the responsibilities of the Captain on the lead ship/the one being overtaken but at the same time one has to contextualise this- if the captain of the IN ship simply turned tail and ran it would send out a very wrong signal and be frowned upon by many on the ship as well as the IN high command.Officers anyway are an arrogant lot (and have to be), not to say it is arrogance but blatant stupidity on the part of the PN captain in this case.

The IN ship had every right to hold its line, the onus is on the ship overtaking (the PN ship in this case) to pass in a safe fashion as per every international maritime norm, clearly they are the ones at fault here by acting in such a dangerous and frankly juvenile manner.
In essence you agree that this was a game of chicken. It speaks from your choice of expressions: 'to turn tail' and 'sending the wrong signal'.

Babur carries a British single barrel 4,5" gun (Mark 8), backed by a Phalanx CIWS with 20mm gatling gun. The main gun on the Godavari is a Russian twin-barreled 57 mm gun (AK-257). It is backed by 2x2 AK630 30mm gatling guns.

The Indian navy ship has a somewhat greater displacement , but not hugely so (3,850 tons v. 3,360 tons full load). Likewise for armaments: it has 4 SS-N-22 Styx versus 8 Harpoon; it has a Russian OSA surface to air missile, versus no SAM on Babur.

I didn't say the IN captain was responsible. I said but captains acted irresponsible. There is a difference.

Even then I don't think that the INS captain acted irresponsibly. He broke away as soon as the PNS got too close and as I said before, it probably took him by surprise initially.

All those trying to claim the abuse was coming from the indian side are blatantly lying. The indian sailors stand on the HELO deck looking rather bemused, laughing and taking pictures until the PN ship veers INTO the IN ship (damaging the Godvari's nets on the Helo deck) @Penguin the IN ship then immediately turns away from the PN ship that approached THEM. I don't think the IN captain expected this kind of stupidity from the supposedly professional PN but as soon as it is clear the PN captain/crew are not in their right minds the IN ship gets out of there.

The original video that first brought this incident to light was shot from the Pakistani ship. There was an extended video , the shortened one was shown on Indian TV channels.

Well you also know that we were not talking about this video and the subject of debate was the video posted here is this thread. So all comments i have mad are based on what i clearly see and here in the video. Further more, unfortunately i am still not able to see the video you have posted now as it is not playing for God know why. However, if you have seen it and are saying something based on this i do not doubt you for sure. :) no need to take it personally :)

All those trying to claim the abuse was coming from the indian side are blatantly lying. The indian sailors stand on the HELO deck looking rather bemused, laughing and taking pictures until the PN ship veers INTO the IN ship (damaging the Godvari's nets on the Helo deck) @Penguin the IN ship then immediately turns away from the PN ship that approached THEM. I don't think the IN captain expected this kind of stupidity from the supposedly professional PN but as soon as it is clear the PN captain/crew are not in their right minds the IN ship gets out of there.
Take easy as two rival teams shout only .

clever trick by the PN captain. he knows that IN will not attack a pakistani ship that has hostages in it

my dads in the navy and often the fleet gets a pakistani tail until its told to "kindly f off before we open fire". they knew it would not happen this time

Last edited:

Maar yaar, Maar yaar, side mar! Piche ho jo sare! Pretty classy for a Naval Officer :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom