What's new

PNS Babur confront the indian navy Ship

Indians did not abuse the Pakistanis. They were just taking pics and having fun. It was an act of extremely poor and dangerous seamanship from the captain of PNS Babur. A comment in the facebook link says that he was court-martialed later by Pakistan Navy. If that is true then he deserved it.

Such behaviour derves punishment.

I still remember the video from the Pakistani ship, Pakistani sailors were saying takbeer and mc, bc in the same breath :lol:
no you are mixing up the Indians and Pakistanis. It was the Pakistani sailors saying Takbeer and the Indian ones (the ship from which the whole video is being shot and the men with camera,) that were abusing the Pakistanis. :D

Again, i think the behavior of Pakistani ship was inappropriate and i guess some action must have been taken back in time when it happened. I know one example of a captain behaving a bit recklessly while on duty and the sever punishment he was given so do not have very high hopes for captain of this ship as well :P

Like Karachi Harbor attack, some PAK Navy person was also involved, like this PA is infested with suicide Captains Trained by AQ for practicing the ramming the boat. :)

Must be PN is now the verge of looking some tactics from AQ of implanting self destruct methods to killing superior enemy. :)

You do realise all this does is make your Navy look incredibly unprofessional, bordering on the fanatical and insane....

Oye dhok rahe ... dhok rahe hein.

Or Dhuk gye.:lol:

Babur flirting with Godavari at sea.Bad boy!
& she better be one hot looking ship.
Sir, this is not something to laugh at, if this doesn't raise concerns about the state of your military then I don't know what will...

Both ships and captains should have done their best to stay well clear of eachother: totally reckless and irresponsible to endanger ships and crews like this. Idiots both.
I don't really see how one can fault the IN captain in this, he was entitled to sailing as he was, the actions of the rear ship (Babur) are unjustifiable...

they could have tried… pakistanis weren't going to just chant in return…. they would open fire as well

It won't have been missiles as missiles could not be used in such short distances, and Ships are not armed with Naval guns since dreadnought era.It would have been pure ramming action.

A 3800tonn displacement Steel Ship ( Godavari ) vs a 3200 Displacement Aluminium ship ( Babur ).Looks like Pakistanis need a lesson in Material science.

Footnote: Why do you people bring your allah in everything? Pakistanis were chanting nara-e-takbeer during India-Pakistan hockey match. Floricks of your Cricket team ( daw'wah on pitch, threatening people with hellfire, and most memorable being your conduct in India-Pakistan T-20 final ) are well known.Does this means that every time you lose in sport, your allah loses to infidels?

I don't really see how one can fault the IN captain in this, he was entitled to sailing as he was, the actions of the rear ship (Babur) are unjustifiable...

To be clear, I've not suggested the actions of the rear ship are justifiable. As for the other ship, even if it is entitled to sail were it was sailing, the captain isn't obliged to hold on to his course if he thinks the ship is in danger. Standing on your rights is all very well, but if it doesn't prevent danger or damage, what do you gain? When in a position of responsibility (such as being a captain), if being right gets someone hurt or killed, it is still on your head. And for what?

no you are mixing up the Indians and Pakistanis. It was the Pakistani sailors saying Takbeer and the Indian ones (the ship from which the whole video is being shot and the men with camera,) that were abusing the Pakistanis. :D

Again, i think the behavior of Pakistani ship was inappropriate and i guess some action must have been taken back in time when it happened. I know one example of a captain behaving a bit recklessly while on duty and the sever punishment he was given so do not have very high hopes for captain of this ship as well :P

Nope as I said I clearly remember, and I made the same remark even back then. That video was shot from the PNS Babur by Pakistani sailors, and it was PN sailors swearing and saying takbeer at the same time. That video have been removed from youtube since, but am sure someone must have it on their hd.

It won't have been missiles as missiles could not be used in such short distances, and Ships are not armed with Naval guns since dreadnought era.It would have been pure ramming action.
The cannon is clearly seen on PNS Babur

A 3800tonn displacement Steel Ship ( Godavari ) vs a 3200 Displacement Aluminium ship ( Babur ).Looks like Pakistanis need a lesson in Material science.
Do u know the ABCD of physics? Babur has got a much higher speed so its momentum (MxV) and kinetic energy (MxVxV/2) are much greater than IN ship. Do a google for that boy

Footnote: Why do you people bring your allah in everything? Pakistanis were chanting nara-e-takbeer during India-Pakistan hockey match. Floricks of your Cricket team ( daw'wah on pitch, threatening people with hellfire, and most memorable being your conduct in India-Pakistan T-20 final ) are well known.Does this means that every time you lose in sport, your allah loses to infidels?
This is not ur problem, so keep away from it. At least we dont worship f*king monkeys like you do...

To be clear, I've not suggested the actions of the rear ship are justifiable. As for the other ship, even if it is entitled to sail were it was sailing, the captain isn't obliged to hold on to his course if he thinks the ship is in danger. Standing on your rights is all very well, but if it doesn't prevent danger or damage, what do you gain? When in a position of responsibility (such as being a captain), if being right gets someone hurt or killed, it is still on your head. And for what?

It was a sudden and unexpected maneuver by the PN ship. Probably no one, including the captain of the IN ship would have expected such recklessness from the PNS captain in peacetime and in international waters. They were not on a collision course until that sudden maneuver from behind. Not only that after the collision the IN ship clearly broke away towards left. Therefore I don't see how the INS captain was responsible for it.

Last edited:

there seemed to be a gun on the pns babur…
if you had a bigger ship why did you sailors get scared??

just when you think u seen the worst of stupidity… i see this.

Fair point about the responsibilities of the Captain on the lead ship/the one being overtaken but at the same time one has to contextualise this- if the captain of the IN ship simply turned tail and ran it would send out a very wrong signal and be frowned upon by many on the ship as well as the IN high command.Officers anyway are an arrogant lot (and have to be), not to say it is arrogance but blatant stupidity on the part of the PN captain in this case.

The IN ship had every right to hold its line, the onus is on the ship overtaking (the PN ship in this case) to pass in a safe fashion as per every international maritime norm, clearly they are the ones at fault here by acting in such a dangerous and frankly juvenile manner.

Back
Top Bottom