What's new

PNS Azmat Class - Fast Attack Missile Craft | Updates & Discussions.

What if we arm these boats with the Nasr Nucklear missiles....will it workout good for us within the tense war situation...I guess it can take out an aircraft carrier etc or we need to have small stealth submarines armed with such missiles/nuklear torpedos to take out the Nuklear subs or the aircraft carriers .....:smokin:

What if we arm these boats with the Nasr Nucklear missiles....will it workout good for us within the tense war situation...I guess it can take out an aircraft carrier etc or we need to have small stealth submarines armed with such missiles/nuklear torpedos to take out the Nuklear subs or the aircraft carriers .....:smokin:

1. Those missiles are ballistic missiles, which don't work well against non-static, mobile targets such as ships (moving at 22-30knots i.e. 40-55 km/h).
2. Their range is only 60km, compared to 120 km for C-802, 180 km for C-802A anti-ship missiles and 700km for Babur cruise missile.

Penguin, a noob question, if you will : Do engines come in different configurations (settings) ? Which is to say just as a Jeep may switch from a 4x4 to a front (or rear)-wheel drive; can ships switch from a full power setting to give chase or to escape (hence the 40-45 that he was talking about) to a setting that economizes on fuel and hence allows you to stay out longer ? I'm not sure if I can elucidate well enough because I know next to nothing about ships....but to use another example - an Air craft's after-burner switched on for pursuit or escape to a normal thrust for cruising !

This can be achieved through the type of propulsion system configuration
CODOG ( Combined Diesel or Gas Propulsion) - Every propeller shaft can be connected to a Gas or Diesel Engine power source. Only one can be used at a time. For ex When it requires higher power shift to Diesel and when cruising at a limited speed probably the gas source could be used. More economical however requires a powerful Gas turbine source. - INS Shivalik has this technology. Probably the first ship in Indian Navy to have so. An indigenous designed and developed one.
CODAG ( Combined Diesel and Gas Propulsion) - Every propeller shaft is connected to both GAS and DIESEL power source. It can combine the power output of both however the only drawback might be reducing the drive which may not be required especially on a slow speed cruise, because of which a multi-speed gear box is employed to control the same.

There are other configurations such as CODLAG (combined diesel, electric and GAS propulsion technology) .

So essentially this is something that can be achieved by employing the appropriate propulsion system.

bb0ie.jpg
DKCZt.jpg
cvwmC.jpg
RMplz.jpg

sorry for the repost .. i think the last one might not be posted

1. Those missiles are ballistic missiles, which don't work well against non-static, mobile targets such as ships (moving at 22-30knots i.e. 40-55 km/h).
2. Their range is only 60km, compared to 120 km for C-802, 180 km for C-802A anti-ship missiles and 700km for Babur cruise missile.
Is it possible that we can arm our C-802A with miniature Nukes in order to use against an aircraft carrier if needed??.....I guess it shold be possible with some modification ......:coffee:

what is its RCS??

why not fix babur on it

what is its RCS??

why not fix babur on it
no one knows RCS yet
And plz we dont fix stuff on other stuff babur is an advance cruse missle which needs a huge command and control system yes there is a naval verson of it in the tube but it ll never be intigrated with Azmet ...at max we ll se it on f22ps or in future if we go for type054 class fregets.

Is it possible that we can arm our C-802A with miniature Nukes in order to use against an aircraft carrier if needed??.....I guess it shold be possible with some modification ......:coffee:

Either the missile should have a higher range or the boat should have higher endurance. I mean an aircraft carrier would never come near to the shore nor does this boat have the endurance to go out in the ocean alone for greater distance without fuel replenishment support. Well the only possibility I could see is to have a large range radar and a longer range missile.

bb0ie.jpg
DKCZt.jpg
cvwmC.jpg
RMplz.jpg

sorry for the repost .. i think the last one might not be posted

Lovely pics. I love the design of this FAC. Chinese technology at it's best !! And congrats to Pakistan for having this stealthy FAC in their kitty.
I guess it would be a huge technological leap for Pakistan. And maybe one day Pakistan develops one of their own.

Ind-Pak friendship zindabad

Pakistan is fully capable to manufacture their own now.....:smokin:

Well there is a big difference between licensed manufacturing and indigenous design & manufacturing. I was referring to the later. I'm sure your naval shipyards are well equipped to license manufacture but probably lacks the capability in designing and building its own frigates,destroyers and missile boats. I believe the capability to master the stealth hull design and then manufacture them would in itself take ages to acquire.
I would like to bring Indian Naval design wing as a reference here, started with modest designs some of them inspired by British legacy, such as Leander class frigates, however now they are in a much stronger position in terms of expertise and are delivering some high quality ships as a proof of their class. The best example would be Shivalik class frigates and the yet to be inducted Kolkotta class destroyers.

Please note I don't doubt Pakistan's capability of Naval ship building, However I want to highlight that developing the capability to design and build stealth ships is not a capability developed over night. It takes years to reach that level and Pakistan is yet to cover more distance to be there. Hope you would agree !!

Ind-Pak friendship zindabad !!

Azmat class boats can be used for anti-piracy. I think PN is getting these so that bigger ships, like Frigates can be called back from anti-piracy duties. This way boats that are cheaper to make and run, would be ideal for Anti-Piracy litorral roles.
azmat should be used as coast guard patrol boat.
but without helicopter it can not be very effective for anti piracy mission.

Well there is a big difference between licensed manufacturing and indigenous design & manufacturing. I was referring to the later. I'm sure your naval shipyards are well equipped to license manufacture but probably lacks the capability in designing and building its own frigates,destroyers and missile boats. I believe the capability to master the stealth hull design and then manufacture them would in itself take ages to acquire.
I would like to bring Indian Naval design wing as a reference here, started with modest designs some of them inspired by British legacy, such as Leander class frigates, however now they are in a much stronger position in terms of expertise and are delivering some high quality ships as a proof of their class. The best example would be Shivalik class frigates and the yet to be inducted Kolkotta class destroyers.

Please note I don't doubt Pakistan's capability of Naval ship building, However I want to highlight that developing the capability to design and build stealth ships is not a capability developed over night. It takes years to reach that level and Pakistan is yet to cover more distance to be there. Hope you would agree !!

Ind-Pak friendship zindabad !!
I understand Ure opinion but there is an old saying"where there is a will there is a way"
When we have friends like China we don't have to worry about the R&D so much we can take advatage from theirs expertise and add something from our experiences and bringup something realli good results....and according to my knowledge the stealth designs of the ships is not rocket science we got enough calibre and expertise to dvelop it easily nowadays.The pplz who says within ure country that its too hard or technological and wanna buy from foreign countries are infact interested in the kickbacks only to fillup their pockets.....:smokin:

these tubes can carry babur ? its the question only if yes then nuke will be no issue.but again using tinny boat as nuke career is really bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom