What's new

PNS Azmat Class - Fast Attack Missile Craft | Updates & Discussions.

Chinese play key role in Pakistan’s new naval projects

Underscoring the growing relationship between Pakistan and China in the field of naval shipbuilding are two significant projects involving technology transfer from China Shipbuilding & Trading Company (CSTC)/China Shipbuilding & Offshore International Co Ltd (CSOC) to Karachi Shipbuilding & Engineering Works (KS&EW).

Read about it in: Warship Technology May 2012 (Royal Institute of Naval Architects publication)

The missile suite consists of two sets of quad C802A surface to surface missiles (SSM) that are actually more advanced than those on the F22P frigates.

Leaving Hong Kong

25_155791_cccb2a98d12cd48.jpg

Its a beautiful pic. Sorry i have downloaded it as my screen wallpaper but without permission. Though i am no fan of fast attack crafts such as this as it lacks the punch PN very desperately needs but the view was too hard to resist.

there two things which might be possible: If we can remove the boat at the rear and place it somewhere else then we can have two more cells for the missiles. And also, the main gun with 76m.m gun????

Underscoring the growing relationship between Pakistan and China in the field of naval shipbuilding are two significant projects involving technology transfer from China Shipbuilding & Trading Company (CSTC)/China Shipbuilding & Offshore International Co Ltd (CSOC) to Karachi Shipbuilding & Engineering Works (KS&EW).

Read about it in: Warship Technology May 2012 (Royal Institute of Naval Architects publication)
Thanks for the link , its informative article on the growing capabilities of KS&EW new STUS of PN are 1650 tonnage ships.

if i am not wrong it seems each cell consists of 4 c-802.
So a max of 8 C-802A missiles

PNS Azmat looks great but i feel it lacks the needed punch.

what do you mean it lacks the needed punch?
It is a FAC, its suppose to deliver anti-ship missiles quickly and which it does very efficiently!

it is not a frigate or a destroyer.

the article also states that new F-22P might be equiped with VLS SAMs!! =D

the article also states that new F-22P might be equiped with VLS SAMs!! =D
Yep, noted that in the other thread on F22P

what do you mean it lacks the needed punch?
It is a FAC, its suppose to deliver anti-ship missiles quickly and which it does very efficiently!

it is not a frigate or a destroyer.
In fact, Azmat has an equal number but better SSMs than Zulfiquar (F22P) does.

Back
Top Bottom