What's new

PM Nawaz, army chief head to Saudi, Iran to mend rift

I am also happy that PM and COAS will have plenty of time to discuss issues while travelling. This will certainly help increase Civil-military coordination.
I hope Iran and Saudi Arabia settle their disputes and start to look for their common national interests.

If Muslim countries can make an NATO type alliance...and by Muslim countries I mean ALL of Muslim countries, it will be good for us and world too.. Plus obviously they will take part only once all the issues between them resolved...!

Religious alliances don't really last long and are exclusive of what mutual benefits for countries. Snap out of that theory which has no political logical base.

PM Nawaz, army chief head to Saudi, Iran to mend rift

1028525-m_-1452941520-425-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: ONLINE

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is set to visit Saudi Arabia and Iran in a bid to mend ties between the arch-rivals after the Saudi execution of a prominent Shia cleric led to mob attacks on the Kingdom’s diplomatic posts in Iran, Express News reported.

Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid confirmed on Saturday that the premier would depart Monday for Riyadh, together with Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, where they will meet with King Salman.

Saudi-Iran row: Pakistan will put its own interests first, says Sartaj Aziz

On Tuesday the premier will meet with Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani in Tehran.

Pakistan this week offered its ‘good offices’ to defuse tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran even as it supported the Saudi initiative to establish a coalition of like-minded Islamic states to counter terrorism and extremism.

Pakistan offers to defuse Saudi-Iran tensions

Saudi Arabia and Iran are at a tense standoff following a prominent Shia cleric’s execution by the former on January 2.

Sunni Saudi Arabia and Shia Iran back opposite sides in the wars in Syria and Yemen. Saudi Arabia cut diplomatic ties with Iran after the attacks on its diplomatic posts.
Raheel Shareef will watch him, so he doesn t make some strange promises with Saudi and Pak Army end up paying .

Please study Muslims history;
from the day the prophet started till now.

Muslims are by nature not compatible to alliance.

deception is our specialty.
Extreme lack of tolerance ....Patience for dead ones...

l_90785_090848_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will visit Saudi Arabia and Iran on Monday to reduce diplomatic tension between two brotherly countries.

Sources at the Prime Minister House said, that PM Nawaz Sharif will have meetings with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud during his emergency visit.

The Premier will return to Pakistan on Tuesday.

Sources added that PM Nawaz will visit Saudi Arabi first.

PM to visit Saudi Arabia, Iran on Monday | Pakistan | thenews.com.pk
i dont think PAK will be able to make any difference in this occasion saudis do wants us to but Iran right now is not close enough to PAK so this is just a gesture that we are not taking sides........ and many other countries like china has also tried to solve the row ....... these countries will do what they want to ........ but saudi princes recent visit and his quotation of "conditions to re conciliate " say other wise which means saudis do wants us to re conciliate and now its upto Iran if he listens to us or not

Raheel Shareef will watch him, so he doesn t make some strange promises with Saudi and Pak Army end up paying .

Extreme lack of tolerance ....Patience for dead ones...

You have religious obligations ;

I only state facts.

Good move, This will be in overall interest of regional stability and peace.
Those who do not want to see these countries closer, it would be matter of tension.

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will visit Saudi Arabia and Iran on Monday to reduce diplomatic tension between two brotherly countries.
PM to visit Saudi Arabia, Iran on Monday | Pakistan | thenews.com.pk

This is very significant. Did everyone know that Iran and KSA had rejected Russian, Yemen and Turkey's offer to help mediate their differences? But when Pakistan offered it, they listened and agreed to. Very good PR work has been done by the PM.

For those who supported selling out Pakistani soldiers for few billions from Yemen, should see this. If that had happened, Iran would NEVER let you come negotiate this. Bigger countries don't rent out their armies against neighbors for money. They take a stand, and its those stands that at times, put you above Russia and Turkey influence wise. The broader, regional power role has started for Pakistan already. Good strategy :enjoy:.

Now maintain peace, eliminate remainder of terrorism and grow the economy with the democratic system running full speed. Pakistan will go places in the next decade and can grow and get to where Australia is on the economic rankings :enjoy:

Pakistan does not have any leverage on KSA or Iran, both these countries have their cronies and proxies in place and have pockets full of greens to fight wars for their influence. The only outcome of these visits is going to be Iran or KSA not pushing Pakistan to join them.

Like they watched him close deals with China worth billions? The SAME China when Mushy and Zardari asked for financial assistance, they told them to go home :rofl: :angel:!! Some of you people will never change.

If you see the pictures below, you'll see the real commander in-chief of the COUNTRY in these international relationships. And that ain't any general and nor will it be. The public relationships and building ties is something NS excels at. RS is with him to support with any military related operational details, as NS isn't a general (thank God), or this meeting would've never happened. No one cares about the "Presi-Gens". The world wants a civilian guy in a blue suit elected by the people with business sense to make things happen for both parties, so Pakistanis and the other side both get benefits of trade, etc!! Welcome to 2016, and to a new, improved and powerful Pakistan :cheers:

Pakistan does not have any leverage on KSA or Iran, both these countries have their cronies and proxies in place and have pockets full of greens to fight wars for their influence.
The only outcome of these visits is going to be Iran or KSA not pushing Pakistan to join them.

Oh really? If it makes you feel better, both KSA and Iran have said NO to Russians, Yemenis, and Turks offer of dispute solution negotiations. But when Pakistan offered those, both sides agree......SURPRISE :enjoy::rofl:

Oh really? If it makes you feel better, both KSA and Iran have said NO to Russians, Yemenis, and Turks offer of dispute solution negotiations. But when Pakistan offered those, both sides agree......SURPRISE :enjoy::rofl:
I wish what you are saying turns out to be true. But from my assessment we have lost any influence on both of them. They have big and important partners to back them up now.

Sabir Shakir reveals the inside agenda behind Iran Saudia Visit

hassan Nisar Take on Iran - Saudi relations

I got to say it was a very good decision by not joining the yemen operation, ganja is doing a good job, I'm seriously thinking of giving my vote to pmln in the next election, would be my very first time participating in an electoral process.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Nawaz Sheriff is doing a good job . . .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom