What's new

PM Nawaz, army chief head to Saudi, Iran to mend rift

Pakistani COAS and PM Nawaz Sharif visiting KSA and Iran.

For the first time I'm seeing PM of any country being accompanied by his/her COAS. Usually it's the job of PM alone. Considering the fact that Gen. Sharif and PM Sharif both have favored KSA in Yemen's civil war, I doubt they will be able to influence Grand Ayatollah of Iran. Afterall KSA faces a 'divine revenge' by Iran.

For the first time I'm seeing PM of any country being accompanied by his/her COAS. Usually it's the job of PM alone. Considering the fact that Gen. Sharif and PM Sharif both have favored KSA in Yemen's civil war, I doubt they will be able to influence Grand Ayatollah of Iran. Afterall KSA faces a 'divine revenge' by Iran.

If we had favored like you said then we would have gone to war in Yemen.

Like they watched him close deals with China worth billions? The SAME China when Mushy and Zardari asked for financial assistance, they told them to go home :rofl: :angel:!! Some of you people will never change.

If you see the pictures below, you'll see the real commander in-chief of the COUNTRY in these international relationships. And that ain't any general and nor will it be. The public relationships and building ties is something NS excels at. RS is with him to support with any military related operational details, as NS isn't a general (thank God), or this meeting would've never happened. No one cares about the "Presi-Gens". The world wants a civilian guy in a blue suit elected by the people with business sense to make things happen for both parties, so Pakistanis and the other side both get benefits of trade, etc!! Welcome to 2016, and to a new, improved and powerful Pakistan :cheers:

Oh really? If it makes you feel better, both KSA and Iran have said NO to Russians, Yemenis, and Turks offer of dispute solution negotiations. But when Pakistan offered those, both sides agree......SURPRISE :enjoy::rofl:
You are right , Saudis have selective approach. Musharraf and Zardari were bad boys in their books. In fact, its Raheel Shareef who is conducting the dialogue not Nawaz Shareef.
Another fact , Erdogan should have join this peace process, but he never show any interest. Nor big countries , like Mayasia , Indonesia showed any interest. So, basically ummah song sucks, economic benefits win.

Iran has upper hand, lets see if they are gracious after the sanctions. Somehow I believe powers to be won't let them get close. The Boogeyman must not die.

Right step.... both countries are locked in proxy wars....neither iran has enough power to give saudia a knock out blow nor saudia is powerful enough to give iran a knock out....
Further conflict will only be proxy wars and wars of attrition which will exhaust both countries and bring unspeakable suffering....

For some reason Saudi royal avoid direct dialogue with Iran, even Ahmadinijad visit KSA and other Iranian top official too. But no idea, why Saudi don t want to engage in direct talks. Even though Iran conducted talks with Six superpower and come out with peaceful resolution , they why not KSA.

Iran being Shia power house is very limited even after all this new found freedom they have limited allies southern Iraq ,alawait area of Syria or Latakia and Hizbullah of labanon .Saudi have nothing to fear from them they have GCC Pak turkey eygpt Jordan these r very powerful Islamic countries .irans real crisis started at 79 revolt againest shah that changed who Geo political senario before 79 Shah got great relation with all GCC ,with Pak and Turkey they made a block called RCD .
Today trip was PM with COAS & CJCS two four stars Gen went with him & they endorse 34 country Saudi coalition in joint statement .Its not Simple trip Heavy duty delegation .they gona stop Iran Tommorow I think it's most to clear positioning of Pak sooner or later all countries gona have tilt towards Saudia or Iran .

Iran simply dont have a conventional army and air force that can cross iraq and attack saudia....iraq being what it is these days... nothing in their right senses would like to cross it....
Even if they could they still have turkey, a sunni majority state on one side, and pakistam another sunni majority state on the other of their own homeland....

I really dont see iran in any position to wage a conventional war against saudia .... well ever...

Non conventional engagements will continue....

Really both countries can come together and make peace....

If iranians can sign a deal with US than why not saudia ....same goes to saudia

Saudi needs to build their military till its a prudent force and diversify their aquisitions and buy chinese stuff as well instead of buying down graded western stuff...

Today news broke out on media channels, few days ago a top official of Arab country gave briefing to Nawaz and said if Pakistan don't join 34 countries alliance then it would suffer a huge financial setbacks. In other words, they will start expelling Pakistanis . So , beggars has no choice.
Watch the program, just release today.

Iran simply dont have a conventional army and air force that can cross iraq and attack saudia....iraq being what it is these days... nothing in their right senses would like to cross it....
Even if they could they still have turkey, a sunni majority state on one side, and pakistam another sunni majority state on the other of their own homeland....

I really dont see iran in any position to wage a conventional war against saudia .... well ever...

Non conventional engagements will continue....

Really both countries can come together and make peace....

If iranians can sign a deal with US than why not saudia ....same goes to saudia

Saudi needs to build their military till its a prudent force and diversify their aquisitions and buy chinese stuff as well instead of buying down graded western stuff...
They are not fighting nation , they want Pakistan army to fight for them. Its unfortunate , but its bitter fact. If Pakistan don t obey then , poor Pakistani families who are working in Middle East will end paying the price in the form economic genocide. But, its time for Pakistan to stand up for the pride. Neither Iran nor Saudia. They need to sit and resolve their dispute. Pakistan can not move army from FATA , Kashmir or Indian border to save the Arabs.
As of today, Pakistan lose one security personal everyday fight against terrorism.
On top our political leaders have billions of dollar black money sitting in gulf banks and plus assets .

Last edited:
Today news broke out on media channels, few days ago a top official of Arab country gave briefing to Nawaz and said if Pakistan don't join 34 countries alliance then it would suffer a huge financial lose. In other words, they will start expelling Pakistanis . So , beggars has no choice.

I was expecting this news.

This makes me proud of Pakistan. Pakistan successfully doing their diplomacy. Need of the time. And as per this initiative, great decision at perfect timing. Saudi-Iran conflict needs to be resolved ASAP, in order to keep peace in the region. Dialogues and negotiations is always wise decision to settle down the problems. I hope the stalemate of proxy war between KSA & Iran will break. It will ease the situation of Syrians and Yemenis.
I wish and hope this decision is also going to help us to unite as an Ummah.

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.

I dont think they are in a position to antagonise pakistan....
Please post the news source and we will see....

Any ways i just realised chinese president is also due in riyadh today... and will also travel to tehran tomorow....

I dont think they are in a position to antagonise pakistan....
Please post the news source and we will see....

Any ways i just realised chinese president is also due in riyadh today... and will also travel to tehran tomorow....
This is just one media source. Dawn and Aaj also quote the person without name.

Today news broke out on media channels, few days ago a top official of Arab country gave briefing to Nawaz and said if Pakistan don't join 34 countries alliance then it would suffer a huge financial setbacks. In other words, they will start expelling Pakistanis . So , beggars has no choice.
Watch the program, just release today.
Apart from millions of pakistanis working in GCC, pakistan also provides and coordinates the intelligence services of GCC plus the protection guarantee of GCC monarchy as evident from last time in bahrain.Pakistan can start civil war in whole GCC in couple of days.So who is able to blackmail who?
And look at the media professional you are quoting,every journalist is a sell out and besides politics of Pakistan they dont have an inch of foriegn affaris knowledge.
So get a new pair of pants with a bit more room

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom