What's new

PM IK Speech about how Bhutan encouraged eco-tourism, passion and hope

PM Imran Khan talked about how unbridled tourism has devastated local culture and traditions in parts of Nepal and India, and how Bhutan encouraged high end eco-tourism and preserved the local traditions and nature.

Agrarian land being used for housing colonies resulting in unplanned expansion and Pakistan need to stop this expansion of cities and preserve the agri land....sane words full with passion.

High rises will lead to more green areas and less expansion of cities and surroundings, grey slab look of cities need to be changed, he added.

Wow, that shows his maturity, vision and knowledge. I'm also against the unbridled tourism and also we have a certain values and culture which should be respected by tourists.

Everything he said makes sense here, yes the vision and knowledge about the basics of promoting tourism and at the same time preserving the local traditions and culture is impressive.

Everything he said makes sense here, yes the vision and knowledge about the basics of promoting tourism and at the same time preserving the local traditions and culture is impressive.
honestly, I didn't even watch it yet but commented :) I will watch it now..

He explained it very well that why people are so hospitable because these are untouched and new experiences and that's what i was talking about but didn't convey properly.
As IK also said that we don't need these backpackers and package tourists, we need high value tourists ...because we need to make money and get least damage.. so we should welcome only rich tourists and not backpackers on shoe-string budgets...so here me & IK are 1000% on same page.

Wow, that shows his maturity, vision and knowledge. I'm also against the unbridled tourism and also we have a certain values and culture which should be respected by tourists.
And there waa a guy here in pdf who was saying that we should open up bars and discos and do dereligious actions to promote tourism

Very well spoken.
I have been to all the south asian countries and trust me, commercialization has killed majority of them.
Bhutan has tried to maintain its heritage and culture, but the rate at which indian and bangladeshi tourists are hitting bhutan, It will find hard to keep up it tourist place close to nature. Already thimpu and paro are filled up with hotels everywhere. Southern Srilanka, the whale watch and beaches are high commercialized and no more sense of being close to nature. India, well less said is better.

Wish I can visit pakistan especially the northern part before same happens to those regions...
Some day one day ...as of now those regions are not open to indians :(

honestly, I didn't even watch it yet but commented :) I will watch it now..

He explained it very well that why people are so hospitable because these are untouched and new experiences and that's what i was talking about but didn't convey properly.
As IK also said that we don't need these backpackers and package tourists, we need high value tourists ...because we need to make money and get least damage.. so we should welcome only rich tourists and not backpackers on shoe-string budgets...so here me & IK are 1000% on same page.

PM IK passion about eco-tourism, about environmental degradation, global warming, depletion of ozone layer and Pakistan being on 7th spot facing the dangers of global warming is seen on so many occasions and speeches.

Environment and its degradation ranks highest issue in all the EU, Scandinavian countries, others....PM IK always talked about preserving environment and stopping the global warming effect on Pakistan and the world...billion tree campaign in KPK is a case in point and now planned 10 billion trees in Pakistan.

PM IK passion about eco-tourism, about environmental degradation, global warming, depletion of ozone layer and Pakistan being on 7th spot facing the dangers of global warming is seen on so many occasions and speeches.

Environment and its degradation ranks highest issue in all the EU, Scandinavian countries, others....PM IK always talked about preserving environment and stopping the global warming effect on Pakistan and the world...billion tree campaign in KPK is a case in point and now planned 10 billion trees in Pakistan.

More than anything else the two govts are hell bound to destroy the paradise on earth.
Have seen Kashmir valley extensively, so i am very sure its must be more beautiful on other side the LOC.
Every time i see the glacier view from the top of K2, it's a sight to die for...

Very well spoken.
I have been to all the south asian countries and trust me, commercialization has killed majority of them.
Bhutan has tried to maintain its heritage and culture, but the rate at which indian and bangladeshi tourists are hitting bhutan, It will find hard to keep up it tourist place close to nature. Already thimpu and paro are filled up with hotels everywhere. Southern Srilanka, the whale watch and beaches are high commercialized and no more sense of being close to nature. India, well less said is better.

Wish I can visit pakistan especially the northern part before same happens to those regions...

Felt so good about Bhutan preserving and protecting the nature with the customs and traditions, culture and language, wildlife and local fauna, it is all related.

I had some idea about Bhutan preserving the nature through some FB videos, but didn't knew the extent of it. Beautiful job done by the local people and the Bhutan government.

Pakistan northern areas, many parts of Baluchistan, GB others are untouched and unexplored and hope that it is not inundated with hordes of tourists, happened in parts of KPK like in Swat and others.

You can apply for a visa as a nature enthusiast and exploring traditions and culture common in Himalayan/Karakoram range, it is the same belt in Pakistan Nepal, Bhutan, parts of India, China...hope you will get the visa...PM IK has talked about promoting tourism from India as well, opening Sharda temple corridor and the Kartarpur for Sikh religious tourism. Lots of Indians actually visits Pakistan...

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...n-sharda-temple-corridor-for-indian-pilgrims/

Last edited:
Very well spoken.

Good post. The charm of money can't even spare the 'Gross National Happiness' country.

If the current peaceful environment continues, Pakistan is bound to be quite a popular tourist destination. And with that will come the affects on Pakistan's basic fabric. It's just human nature. But Pakistan is a much larger country than Bhutan and there are tons more unexplored areas. It will take some time for Pakistan to change.

As for the high-value vs the backpacker tourist debate here.. sure, who'd want some fat loser with a few grands to spare just to come for the reasons they go to--no names mentioned--countries in South East Asia? Or people just on a shoe string budget. But, FIRST, you have to convey the world to even come to Pakistan. So opening up is good. Doesn't have to open up like some of those other countries but open up some!

Katpana Sand dunes (cold desert)
552534a24fcf9.jpg

i wan to make a video of me spending night here with this italian piano piece

Felt so good about Bhutan preserving and protecting the nature with the customs and traditions, culture and language, wildlife and local fauna, it is all related and religion too.

I had some idea about Bhutan preserving the nature through some FB videos, but didn't knew the extent of it. Beautiful job done by the local people and the Bhutan government.

Pakistan northern areas, many parts of Baluchistan, GB others are untouched and unexplored and hope that it is not inundated with hordes of tourists, happens in parts of KPK like in Swat and others.

You can apply for a visa as a nature enthusiast and exploring traditions and culture common in Himalayan/Karakoram range, it is the same belt in Pakistan Nepal, Bhutan, parts of India, China...hope you will get the visa...PM IK has talked about promoting tourism from India as well, opening Sharda temple corridor and the Kartarpur for Sikh religious tourism. Lots of Indians actually visits Pakistan...

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...n-sharda-temple-corridor-for-indian-pilgrims/

If you are avid traveler then you should give a try to Bhutan in sep-oct for lush green nature and if you want to see culture visit in march when Paro Tishcu festival is celebrated. I have trekked to tiger nest monatory, visited almost all there monastery and forts, every monument has its own charisma. There monasteries related to fertility like Chimmi Lakhang (monastery) shows other aspect of culture. Saarc members dont need visa, just a valid passort and they get entry permit. For others they have fix charge of $250 per day that includes, 3* hotel stay, car, driver and guide, foreigners are generally grouped together.

Pakistan offers only 14 days tourist visa for indians that to visit there main cities like lahore, karachi etc, where there is nothing related to raw nature is present. Pilgrimage visa also have very limited scope. There is nothing for nature enthusiast from India. I strongly believe if India and Pakistan should have had visa free entry. This would have reduced all the communal hatredness and people to people contact would have made much wider acceptations at both sides, but as they said if foundation is bad rest of the building shakes, the lost of mutual trust and fights that we had has resulted it I cannot visit Pakistan and someone in Pakistan who needs some good medical help cannot get the same from India.

Back
Top Bottom